Briton found hanged in Pattaya

webfact

Briton found Hanged in Pattaya
By Khaosod Online

PATTAYA: -- A British man, 65, known only as ′Mike′, was found hanged inside a shed in Pattaya′s Go-Kart Circuit, as his friend revealed his worries about family issues.

Mr. Mike had recently complained about family matters that his Thai wife planned to move to other region, said his friend, Mr. Bancha Prakobsuk, 31.

According to Mr. Bancha, the Briton Mechanic had been working with the establishment for about a year.

Initial investigation reported no trace of intruder and no evidence indicated that Mr. Mike was beaten or injured before his death.

His body is scheduled for post-mortem analysis at Police Hospital in Bangkok, said Banglamung police.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE16TXlORE14TVE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-02

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British Go-Kart Engineer commits suicide at North Pattaya race track

suicide-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Friday afternoon Banglamung Police were called to the Mini Siam Superkart Racing Track in North Pattaya to investigate reports of a British staff member who reportedly hanged himself in a storeroom.

Police were directed to the location where the body of Mr. Mike Ord aged 65 from South Tyneside in the United Kingdom, a race engineer at the track, was found hanging from a roof beam. A piece of nylon rope had been made into a noose presumably by the victim, who according to a work colleague, was experiencing major relationship issues and other problems with his life, which were identified as motives behind the apparent suicide.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/107701/british-go-kart-engineer-commits-suicide-north-pattaya-race-track/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-02

• Like 1

This is the worst and most selfish decision anyone can make only once in their life.

Some believe it's also the bravest.

I thought about that, too, but aren't you describing "the ultimate sacrifice" instead of what I described? It might be difficult to explain why a suicide was an ultimate sacrifice if there are loved ones left behind who can vouch that this was not necessary and that they would have helped; even worse, left to pick up the pieces and ask "why?". It is not as if his death (rest his soul) was going to save anyone, and moreover, to be mislead into this kind of impaired thinking (were it so) is a tragedy at best. Brave for what? For who; and were they made aware of this possible (I admit possible) brave deed? I don't think so in this case.

What a waste. I wish he had reached out. This is the worst and most selfish decision anyone can make only once in their life.

It may seem like the most selfish decision. But does it really matter? Everyone is selfish. Some more than others. He was at a ripe old age. Maybe he had just had enough of this world and was ready to move on.

• Like 1

.....whenever there is an issue of 'conflict' with another party.......ALL possibilities have to be investigated.....

....I don't think one should go on 'hearsay'.....from his 'friend'......is there any real proof....

(...like they have written again and again....the Thai will always be believed.....

........so then how can you know the truth without an impartial investigation...)

• Like 1

Die is not solution for all as the spirit still live in until the time is done, I am sorry for posting in this manner but just want to help those to think that dead ends everything was wrong . It just a beginning as the pain for family members and loved one to accept the truth. Go to monkshood for few weeks or months until find the way out .

Edited by Bkungbank

My wife translated this from her Thai newspaper when she read it. It said his other half sold his house and "their" belongings and fled.

At that age it is hard to start again.

RIP

That's really strange. Guess no one could start over again being 60, or older. Hope this woman will live a very difficult life now.-wai2.gif

My wife translated this from her Thai newspaper when she read it. It said his other half sold his house and "their" belongings and fled.

At that age it is hard to start again.

RIP

Well. If that's true, what can anyone say about it.

Tragic, and very sad he had no one to talk it out with or to turn to, for help.

That is the saddest part.

• Like 1

Just at this time ,,,I think I know how he was feeling !!!

The way I look at it at the moment,,, what a place to have a broken heart !!!

I always heal better in Thailand !!!

Clever Trevor......Hang in there Pal.....for sure the "sun" will come out for you again.....

I am sure that this is a place to have your heart broken........but it is also a place where someone will mend it for you "double quick"

RIP Mike Ord

RIP. Homicide. He should have been planning a party to celebrate her getting out of his life, however many assets he lost. Any evidence like kicked over stool or ladder nearby?

Aren't you supposed to ask your last question before you jump on the murder conspiracy bandwagon and make an unjustified accusation?