Thai customs arrest Australian man for smuggling ketamine

webfact

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, no racist comments about how ALL Australians are drug dealers, scammers, criminals etc. !!!!! I wonder why!!!

Now if he had been a native Australian Aborigine ..................

I think I have made my point ( see earlier postings about Nigerian and Rwandan drug dealers/smugglers )

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What, no racist comments about how ALL Australians are drug dealers, scammers, criminals etc. !!!!! I wonder why!!!

I think I have made my point ( see earlier postings about Nigerian and Rwandan drug dealers/smugglers )

The truth is we're not big on drug dealing and scamming. Now if this was a drunk running amok then yes there would be posts saying all Australians are like that.

He may very well be Koorie who knows. You sound a little upset in regards to the lack of racist attacks, relax my friend they will come.

• Like 1

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Good points. Recently saw an American show on tv in which two actors at a busy tavern were filmed by hidden cameras while pretending to be on a first/blind date. In the first version, the lady (actor) goes to the washroom and while she's away, the man puts some white powder into her drink in a fairly obvious manner (making sure that other real customers had seen it). Over multiple instances, only a few customers informed the lady that the man had put something in her drink. When they reversed the roles--the woman putting the powder in the man's drink--not a single customer alerted the man to the apparent danger. We're on our own out there....

• Like 2

Did you mean that all australians are drug dealers etc,

And that no one pointed that out???

There was a post about not generalizing, so maybe TV members finally got the point...

(Just kidding)

What a fool ! And dressed the way he is, with no respect for Thai culture, he was bound to get pulled up and checked. Good luck getting a syringe full of growth hormone in jail big boy !

'No respect for Thai culture'?

I agree if course!

Now if only he had just followed Thai culture by paying off the police and murdering his competitors...

• Like 1

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Excuse me but you don't seem to a have clue what you're on about.

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

not even going to bother correcting you further,

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

better for you to update your knowledge base, Ketamine in powder form can and is ingested through smoking by some illegal users.

• Like 1

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

I think the Aussies are streets ahead at the moment, getting ever closer to that gold medalbiggrin.png

• Like 1

while bored waiting (and daydreaming) in queues at immigration, i have often wondered how one goes about smuggling illegal items (i.e. how to conceal / disguise the items and how to dress / present one's self so as not to raise suspicion) ... i think the tactics used by this guy were not that well thought out

• Like 1

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

chooka: You forgot to mention their role in the LOS Spy Hub Project w/NSA & New Zealand ... ;-} rap. closedeyes.gif

You sound like an expert !

Me?

Hell yeah, I was once an expert on this and other drugs but no longer.

Are you? Because if not how on earth are we expected to listen to yours and others rantings on subjects that you clearly know little about.

But hey... Sod it... Hang-Em-High!

Yes, hang him high.

Higher the better.

We won't do much time over horse tranquilizer. Maybe a fine and on his way.

Not so sure about that. It has been suggested that ketamine has been/is the drug of choice for the 'drug-n-rob' fraternity recently.........wink.png

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

better for you to update your knowledge base, Ketamine in powder form can and is ingested through smoking by some illegal users.

Better for you to do the same,

from a well known and respected drug harm reduction(without condemnation) board,that includes Doctors etc in its staff.

"Don't smoke it again, I believe that it doesn't vaporize well and that it has shown to produce toxic degradation products.

In any case it's not meant to be smoked meaning there is no advantage and significant disadvantage. Some people like a certain route of administration too much, be careful. Experimenting can be interesting but when it comes to exploring new unheard of ways of ingesting a drug I think it can quite often be dangerous.

was there anything else? smile.gif"

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne
  • Like 1

lol.

Add some quasi facts...doesn't look like a date rape drug for sure, but definitely has some serious recreational uses: From Wikipedia

Recreational use[edit]
220px-Ketamine_Crystals.jpg
magnify-clip.png
Ketamine poured onto glass and left to dry.

Ketamine sold illicitly comes either from diverted legitimate supplies and semilegitimate suppliers, or from theft of legitimate suppliers. It produces effects similar to phencyclidine (PCP) and dextromethorphan (DXM).

Unlike the other well-known dissociatives PCP and DXM, ketamine is very short-acting, its hallucinatory effects lasting 60 minutes when insufflated or injected and up to two hours when ingested orally, the total experience lasting no more than a few hours.[66] At subanesthetic doses, ketamine produces a dissociative state, characterised by a sense of detachment from one's physical body and the external world which is known asdepersonalization and derealization.[67] At sufficiently high doses, users may experience what is called the "K-hole", a state of extreme dissociation with visual and auditory hallucinations.[68]John C. Lilly,[69]Marcia Moore[70] and D. M. Turner[71] (amongst others) have written extensively about their own entheogenic use of, and psychonautic experiences with, ketamine. Both Moore and Turner died prematurely in a way that has been indirectly linked to the sedative properties of ketamine.[72

• Like 2