Harley Davidson Street

JimSiam

these new 500 cc harleys will be made in India for Asia so probably you will see it here but with a 100 percent tax on top of Indian price and possibly the greed of the dealer of course.

Edited by ll2

The pictures on the Thai website look like a re-badged Sporty. The new H-D Street will have a water cooled engine. Same concept like the V-ROD but smaller displacement. Looks pretty good on the few pictures they have on the H-D website.

750cc version will also be available. If the bikes come to Thailand and the pricing is similar to US (USD6700-USD7500) + 100% Thai taxes++, it might be a good competitor to the current Triumph Bonnie range.

It could also be a good replacement for the now aging Sporty range...

Definitely one to watch for my garage in Thailand.

The pictures on the Thai website look like a re-badged Sporty. The new H-D Street will have a water cooled engine. Same concept like the V-ROD but smaller displacement. Looks pretty good on the few pictures they have on the H-D website.

750cc version will also be available. If the bikes come to Thailand and the pricing is similar to US (USD6700-USD7500) + 100% Thai taxes++, it might be a good competitor to the current Triumph Bonnie range.

It could also be a good replacement for the now aging Sporty range...

Definitely one to watch for my garage in Thailand.

Are there any HDs that could not be described as "aging"? 555 I mean that's the whole point, isn't it?

The piglets look like miniature versions of bigger harleys which I find a bit disappointing. They could have made some cool looking Cafe Racer kind of bikes ... just classic bikes.

• Like 1

I'm sure HD will do well in Asia with these bikes, but they are hopelessly outclassed by either everything else in a similar the cc range or similar price range elsewhere (even in Thailand).

HD fans won't like the water-cooling and a few other modern(ish) features.

• Like 1

Don't slag it just yet. There aren't much performance figures released for the new Revo-X engine. The Harley/Porshe Revolution engine has made quite a name for itself, both in racing performance and reliability. It make sense for H-D to make it available in a bored down size to compete in that segment with a H-D badge. And unfortunately, water-cooling is the only way to go with forever tightening emission standards. Air cooled large displacement engines just won't be able to cut it soon...

• Like 1

i am sick and appaled of rHD prices in Thailand, some idiots here are selling like 10 years olf harleys for 800000 bhts, crazy world, i can get a 2 years old streetbob 2011 model for like 500000 in europe, so lets stick with theh japs boys, I am not paying stupid thai improt taxes anyways and some 500 cubic toy that HD will make

do they really have to have like 100% taxes here, that is just stupid!!!!

I am sticking with kawo for now, you get like 2 years old 650 for like 160k, i will maybe buy HD just to drive around in Europe when I am home for like a month in summer

Edited by expatsupreme

Re: Pricing

Harley no longer provide recommended retail price on their website, but back when they did I did a comparison to the new Harley prices in Thailand. A midrange Harley, like Dyna Fatbob was around USD16000 RRP, and was sold by Powerstation here for about 1.1 million Baht. With the THB30 to USD exchange rate, that would be just under 130% price increase. For the RRP of USD7600 this would translate to THB525,000. Of course, I might be completely wrong on this, but it is not unreasonable.

At that price it would make H-D Street cheaper than a Triumph Bonnie, so at least my choice would be clear.

For your viewing pleasure smile.png

I am guessing your an Aussie???

It would be an Aussie genius who cums up with the idea of catch tanks to hold the oil that leaks out until you get a chance to stop somewhere and pour it all back in! whistling.gif

It would be an Aussie genius who cums up with the idea of catch tanks to hold the oil that leaks out until you get a chance to stop somewhere and pour it all back in! whistling.gif

Ha ha ha , I guess you are a Pom, because a Pom genius wouldn't know Nitrous Oxide bottles if they were hit over the head with one

• Like 2

The FTA with India-Thailand might cause a kit versions to be assembled in Thailand at a reduced tax rate. Have to check.

I don't think there is an FTA or if there is it doesn't affect bike imports. Just look at the KTM price for the Duke 200, assembled in India, and more than 2x as expensive here than there, almost 2.5x actually.

I am guessing the big deal about these Harleys will be in India where these are the first Harleys to be made locally, with local parts, so there won't be any import taxes. In India. That'll make them way cheaper than any other Harleys, and probably also cheaper than a whole host of other brand import bikes.

Edited by nikster

Looking at the taxes, compare Triumph and Ducatti, Triumph are building bikes in the industrial zones under BOI, so they have to leave the country and be re imported to be sold here, Triumph build in the free zone which allows them to sell a certain amount of models at a lesser tax rate. If HD built in the free zone here, the bikes would be a lot more affordable which would be nice.

• Like 1

Looking at the taxes, compare Triumph and Ducatti, Triumph are building bikes in the industrial zones under BOI, so they have to leave the country and be re imported to be sold here, Triumph build in the free zone which allows them to sell a certain amount of models at a lesser tax rate. If HD built in the free zone here, the bikes would be a lot more affordable which would be nice.

The Triumph factory in Chonburi has stopped making complete motorcycles, they currently only manufacture parts which are shipped to India, where Triumph has set-up a new factory which in the end will take over all activity of Triumph Thailand. The Thai Triumph facility will at that point become a spare parts manufacturing and distribution center for Southeast Asia.

Ha ha ha , I guess you are a Pom, because a Pom genius wouldn't know Nitrous Oxide bottles if they were hit over the head with one

Your the second person in the last 3 years to call me a Pom.....I'll take it as a complement! thumbsup.gif