Visa for 10 year old girl

A friend of us just arrived from Sweden with his daughter 10 years old ( living in Khonkaen)

He is aloud to stay one year but his daughter got only 30 days.

He was living in Sweden with a lady from Thailand but not married. (She dies 3 years ago)

Now he not know what to do , she has to make a visa run.

Also he try to get a ED visa but till now no result it turns out that he has to do all with the emigration office in BKK.

What papers he need for the Ed Visa?

And what about a dependent Visa?

I hope it is clear

Thanks

For Ed. Visa find a reputable school, they will provide the paperwork, once he pays and he will go to a neighbouring country to get the Ed. Visa. Reputable Thai language solutions 1502.com. I studied there in Bkk. Whalen has an ad here.

I do not know if a 10 year old could get an Ed.Visa, anything is possible.

I will let those with more experience answer your 2nd question about dependent visa.

Edited by Colabamumbai

For Ed. Visa find a reputable school, they will provide the paperwork, once he pays and he will go to a neighbouring country to get the Ed. Visa. Reputable Thai language solutions 1502.com. I studied there in Bkk. Whalen has an ad here.

I do not know if a 10 year old could get an Ed.Visa, anything is possible.

I will let those with more experience answer your 2nd question about dependent visa.

Disregard that post it comprises nonsense

A 10 year old needs to go to a real school not some iffy adult language, visa churning place.

OP sorry I do not have the detail you seek but someone who has will be along soon.

Edited by thaiexpat21

Was the Thai lady the mother of his daughter which would mean she is a Thai national by birth.

If he is on an extension of stay she could get an extension as his dependent. She would need a single entry non-o visa to get the extension. This would require a trip to Vientiane Laos to get it.

To get a ED visa would require documents from the school This would also require a trip to Vientiane. Then she could get an extension at immigration.

A trip to Bangkok would probably be a waste of time. The trip was probably suggested for her to do a visa conversion which they would not do for a ED or dependent extension.

But tell him not to worry because children under 15 do not get charged for overstay.

Edited by ubonjoe

As said - not enough said in OP as you mention he can stay one year but do not provide any details as to how he is entitled to stay that time. As mentioned there is no overstay charge for under 15 but with further information on him and daughter we can provide better answers.

Until he extends during the last 30 days of allowed stay it will not help. Once on an extension of stay for retirement daughter can obtain a non immigrant O visa entry and then get a matching extension of stay. For now she should be attending school so be able to obtain visa/extension for that. The nationality of child is still in question as if from Thai mother she can claim Thai nationality and not require visa entry or extend on that basis with foreign passport.

Our Friend from Sweden is here on a non imm O-A make that any different?

Reading this thread again from the beginning makes me wonder if the OP's friend can prove a relationship with the child.

He was not married to the mother and may therefor experience "difficulty" with the Thai authorities unless it can be shown that he has legal (in Thai terms) custody.

I realise this is a very sensitive issue and the Mods may decide to strike this post.

If it truly a OA visa from the embassy his daughter cannot get a dependent extension. They are only possible for an extension from immigration.

So the ED visa and extension of stay is the only option.

Link to Vientiane embassy website where you can find info for visa. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/th/index.php

Screen shot of clause 2,8 and 2,9 of police order 777/2551 for the extension.

post-66997-13837454942079_thumb.jpg

Thanks lopburi

The mother of the girl died 3 years ago

He has the birth certificate of the child , but maybe he need more like a dead certificate

Sorry I do not wish to persue this issue of "legal custody" on the public forum.

A birth certificate does not in Thailand establish " custody"

Perhaps those who have more knowledge than I could address this issue by PM

Edited by thaiexpat21

That complicates getting her Thai nationality documented unless birth was registered at the Thai embassy in Sweden.

Unless he has done it already the birth certificate will need to be translated into Thai and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This will be needed for a visa or extension of stay plus as proof that he is her father for other things as well.

Edited by ubonjoe

The mother is Thai so the child is Thai. If the child doesn't have a Thai birth certificate but only a Swedissh birth certificate you cna contact the Thai Consular department, natonality section. They will chekc the paperwork and then send the required papers for the Thai birth certificate for you to the embassy in Sweden. The Thai embassy will than issue the birth certificate and with that the Thai nationality is esthablished. (Can take a few months)

With that the child will get 1 year extensions of stay purely based on her Thai nationality. Applying for a Thai paspsort will be more difficult, as it must be estabished that you have sole parental rights. But once that is done, the child can get a Thai paspsort. next time leave on the Swedish passport and return on the Thai paspsort and all immirgaiton issues are solved.

In the meantime our friend is still in Vientiane , he was this morning to the Thai Embassy, it turns out that they refuse the application for ED visa for his daughter

(the school had give him the required documents as far as I know)

For the moment I can not give you more information (contact with Laos is bit difficult)

I can not see why they refused the ED

7 Years ago I came with my son to Thailand, I got my Retirement visa and my son Get his ED visa ( without school documents) from Thai Consulate in Holland

Unless this is because the documentation does not prove he is the parent and being a minor they can not issue the ED without a parent (which I suspect may be the reason for refusal). That would likely mean a non immigrant O would also not be allowed so maybe a tourist visa would be required for now. Action should be taken to establish her Thai nationality ASAP and expect that can be done on a tourist visa entry as well as any.

If even available. Does not sound as if anything is from posts so far. Poster should make sure this friend understands the need to resolve legal issues for his daughter while paperwork should still be available. Is there family in Thailand that your friend is aware of?