ABBA Fever has Phuket organizers, ticket sellers maxed out

webfact

ABBA Fever has Phuket organizers, ticket sellers maxed out
Phuket Gazette

ab.jpg
Abba Forever: The entourage lands in Phuket from London today for a sold-out performance tomorrow night, but a limited number of tickets are available for the Saturday evening show at Laguna Phuket.

PHUKET: -- With less than 36 hours remaining before the doors open to Friday night's 'ABBA Forever' concert at Laguna Phuket, organizers Events International have asked the Phuket Gazette to advise readers as follows.

The entourage from London arrives in Phuket today.

The Friday night concert is sold out.

There are still some tickets available for Saturday night, but few if any are expected to be available at the door that night. Advance purchases are highly recommended to avoid disappointment. A list of ticket sales points appears below.

The price for the Saturday night performance is the same as Friday: 1,200 baht.

The doors to the venue, the Latitude Marquee at Laguna Phuket, open at 6:30pm, both nights.

While there is free parking for close to 500 cars within the Latitude area, the spaces are strictly on a first-come, first-served basis. The lots not immediately adjacent to the marquee will be served by shuttle buses, but some delays in shuttle pick-ups could occur.

There will be no valet parking.

Those without tickets for Saturday night and hoping to purchase them at the door should try to arrive no later than 5:30pm. However, the organizers cannot guarantee availability at any time.

The concerts will be MC'd by the island's main English-language radio stations – by DJ 'Tommy the Tank' of Blue Wave 90.5 on Friday night, and by DJ Steve Johnston of 91.5 on the Saturday.

Where to go for tickets
The Phuket Gazette Offices in Koh Kaew (map here)
The Tour Desks at all Laguna Phuket Hotels
The Ticket Sales Counter at Central Festival (ground floor near KFC)
The Boat Lagoon office of Events International (contact Sonu on 091-326 0276)
Last-minute buyers for the Saturday night performance may wish to contact Gazette events manager Kanjana ('Jane') Sriboonsom on 081-550 7379 before traveling to the venue. However, tickets cannot be booked and held on the day without prior payment.

Last-minute Surprise

Although dress for these concerts has been marked 'Smart Casual', two of Phuket's luxury resorts have suddenly posed a challenge and are offering serious rewards.

Do you have the courage, charm and charisma to to emulate Agnetha, Björn, Benny or Anni-Frid?

If so, show it. The best-dressed ABBA lookalike couple on Friday night will partake of a lavish 'Go Live' Sunday Brunch at the Banyan Tree, and the best-dressed such couple on Saturday will go home with a voucher for one of the Outrigger Laguna Phuket's sumptuous Seafood Buffets.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/ABBA-Fever-has-Phuket-organizers-ticket-sellers-maxed-out-22722.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-11-07

1200 baht for a cover band from 40 plus years ago that is sold out, I wonder how a modern day non cover rock/pop group would do in Phuket? I miss good live music from big name acts and don't fancy going to Spore or BKK to see a decent act. As far as an ABBA cover band, I'm out!

Admitting to be an ABBA fan was like calling out loud "I am the biggest dumb#$$ loser on this planet!" when I was a kid. We hated ABBA! And I always hoped they were gone for good and would never return, letting alone that a band voluntarily would play their songs here in Thailand and be sold out... The world is going down the drain - this one proves it smile.png

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

Parents went to see them in London and said they are okay but weren't any better than your standard tribute band...

They paid 15 pounds per ticket (฿750) Nearly half the Phuket price...

Edited by Paangjang

Parents went to see them in London and said they are okay but weren't any better than your standard tribute band...

They paid 15 pounds per ticket (฿750) Nearly half the Phuket price...

Organizers are making a tidy profit out of this, but of course a "portion" of the proceeds goes to charity, only they aren't see what the percentage is.

Admitting to be an ABBA fan was like calling out loud "I am the biggest dumb#$$ loser on this planet!" when I was a kid. We hated ABBA! And I always hoped they were gone for good and would never return, letting alone that a band voluntarily would play their songs here in Thailand and be sold out... The world is going down the drain - this one proves it smile.png

I must admit as an 8 yr old mama mia was my favourite song.

I must admit as an 8 yr old mama mia was my favourite song.

In appreciation of your "coming out", I have to admit that I quite liked "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" and even could play that on my keyboard... As I said, the world is going down the drain... we're all doomed, abbadoozled... so to say... blink.png

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Well, I liked ABBA and admit to having most of their CD's. Have some original albums too. Having sold over 370 million albums they are one of the most successful groups ever. So I guess I was not alone. Certainly there music was everywhere in the late 70's.

• Like 1

To say that you hate ABBA...or any group is ridiculous. Hate is stupid ...period. Trying to force your own opinions and likes or dislikes upon others....just as immoral as missionaries trying to force their religion .....

I like ABBA but see no reason to watch a cover band do it when the real thing is still available on videos and concerts on Youtube .

I am sure there are some local or Fillipino artists who could mimic ABBA just as well. At the Melbourne Cup event on Tuesday the band playing there were doing amazing imitations of Simon & Garfunkel, Cat Stevens. For Baht 1,000 we also got a welcome glass of champagne, snacks & very good buffet lunch.

1200 baht for a cover band from 40 plus years ago that is sold out, I wonder how a modern day non cover rock/pop group would do in Phuket? I miss good live music from big name acts and don't fancy going to Spore or BKK to see a decent act. As far as an ABBA cover band, I'm out!

its probably all Aussies, they seem to have a thing for Abba down under