Sale price, 2007 Honda CRV

Spaniel

First this isn't an offer to sell my car. I'm just trying to get a current resale price for my CRV. I'll also check with the dealer, tents, etc. but thought I could get some price info here too.

I have a 2007 CRV, 2000 cc engine, AWD, with 102,000 km, one owner and dealer maintained since we bought it. No accidents but couple very minor dents. I plan to buy a new CRV early next year. So, any suggestions on a asking price?

Edited by Spaniel

Why not sell it here if its as You say. Sounds like a nice buy for someone, too early to give a price.thumbsup.gif

At a future date I may well sell it here but right now I'm gathering info on how much other similar models are selling for so I can then price my CRV accordingly.

check out taladrod.com and one2car.com for prevailing prices; selling yourself is likely to net you maybe 50k-100k more than going via the tent system if you can be bothered. CRVs have good resale prices for the most part. There might also be a CRV owner site where you can sell the car.

Let me say that the SPRINGER? in your profile pic is a beautiful dog!!!! I am a long time spaniel lover, and my dream is to have a springer spaniel to take around Thailand with me and to train to do cool stuff (like going for walks, fetching things, sports, biting the GF in the face, that sort of thing).

Why not sell it here if its as You say. Sounds like a nice buy for someone, too early to give a price.thumbsup.gif

At a future date I may well sell it here but right now I'm gathering info on how much other similar models are selling for so I can then price my CRV accordingly.

Right now it's worth around 780K, but as for future price, who knows? The used market is very unstable right now.

Right now it's worth around 780K, but as for future price, who knows? The used market is very unstable right now.

Unstable why?

Good time to sell or buy?

Unstable why?

I would say a good time to sell, I think prices will drop further.

A number of new models are coming out, which always impacts existing car prices - for the SUV market we have new SUVs like the Subaru XV etc at attractive NEW prices; we have the new category subcompact SUVs like the Juke and Ecosport coming in under 900k supposedly, plus of course there are new models or relatively new models of the standards like the CRV, etc etc.

All the first car buyer cars that were defaulted on are now starting coming into the market (and there's quite a lot of them), and combined with a liquidity squeeze across the Thai economy (higher cost of living, higher levels of debt, reducing economic growth) this is causing a flow on effect to auto with car prices sliding downwards even for cars that were not part of the program.

Unstable why?

Used cars inventories are climbing rapidly - average used inventory turnaround time used to be 40 days, now it's in the hundreds and climbing. The more capital they tie up and the longer they sit around, the more prices will have to tumble.

it's a buyers market, no doubt about that.

Edited by IMHO

• 3 months later...

More like 550k.

More like 550k.

Agree...just sold mine, exact year and specs as yours....got 565k, but was from somebody who knew the good history of the car.

You'll be lucky to get 550k. 2014 insurance estimate for this model is under that price.

Thanks for the replies. Will soon get serious about selling.

You might have more luck selling on baht and sold rather than thaivisa classifieds, I've just sold a pick up,had 7 serious buyers on baht&sold and none on thaivisa, placing a ad is easier as well, good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You might have more luck selling on baht and sold rather than thaivisa classifieds, I've just sold a pick up,had 7 serious buyers on baht&sold and none on thaivisa, placing a ad is easier as well, good luck!!

I'm not familiar with "bhat and sold" but will give it a try. Is it a website or what?

I'm not familiar with "bhat and sold" but will give it a try. Is it a website or what?

Yes mate, google it...

More like 550k.

Agree...just sold mine, exact year and specs as yours....got 565k, but was from somebody who knew the good history of the car.

You'll be lucky to get 550k. 2014 insurance estimate for this model is under that price.

Yep, prices did tumble as I anticipated (check the post dates) smile.png

• 1 month later...