Thai phone companies 'will be punished' for disconnections

webfact

A few days ago this site reported on how Thai people are obssesed with Taksin, I see how this site reports each time the jerk farts.

Keep upthe good work Thai Visa.

I understand why so many Thais seem to be obsessed with TOXIN and his sister YUKLUCK. They and the rest of their family and friends are just like the great Thai soap operas. Sometimes amusing, sometimes not, but always entertaining.

And exactly how are they going to keep tally of this? If I have to report every dropped call to my provider, I would be spending half my day on hold at their hotline, if I don't get disconnected.

If the telecoms are using brand name switches (Cisco, Redback, Avaya, Alcatel, etc), the switch keeps track of every dropped call and almost always knows why the call was dropped. If you lost signal from the cell tower because your car went into a tunnel, the carrier's switch knows all about it. Likewise, if a call was terminated by a routine software process or established trigger, it knows that too.

I used to be a data switch engineer for Verizon, and I had to pull these stats from the switch from time to time whenever we had to answer an FCC inquiry.

Yes, I could reset the counters in the switch to clear out the stats, but then my login ID would be on the event log showing what I had done, so I would never dare attempt such a foolish thing.