Plodprasob retaliates

webfact

Amazing! He actually said that?
He said it. But the Dems actually did it tongue.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry Gerry but again you have lost the plot ... The "Dems" did not say that anyone that blows a whistle at another person was unethical and then proceed to say he was going to be unethical.

Then again since when is blowing a whistle assault?

I am still amazed at what crybabies and cowards some of the reds and PTP are.

Shall we also blow a whistle at you every time you pass your door?

You seem to not have a problem with that, so you would probably even enjoy it biggrin.png

Gerry, if you can get Thai people to blow a whistle at me for any perceived wrong that I have done to Thai people then YES! Please do so! Trust me, I won't be crying about it, or calling it assault, or blowing one back at them after stating that blowing whistles at people is unethical!

You still have lost the plot.

Alas since I am neither a moron nor a public figure in Thailand I will likely only have whistles blown at me 4-5 times a day sad.png

Amazing that you approve such childish ways of doing from the Dems.

If the reds come up with a similar idea you would be among the first to call them names.

This whistle thing is so absurd. I really enjoy reading the posts supporting it. biggrin.png

At the same time I am surprised to see some of the "TV farang elite" approve such low level political behaviour... Amazing... Amazing... blink.png

Personally I think for Thailand the whistle idea is superb. Rather than shout and scream or throw things.. blow a whistle. Same result because EVERY ONE knows why you are blowing it BUT you are not saying rude things etc... biggrin.png:)

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

I am afraid that it is far from being an innocent and pure idea to avoid "saying rude things".

It is meant as just a step to make the situation escalate more...

The true intentions of the Dems is to bring chaos again.

bth_broken-record.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He told Chaturon that if he was attacked by whistles he would blow one back because anybody who blows a whistle at another is an unethical person.

Ohh Plod, you have now shown that you are both unethical and unoriginal. Be creative, man, think out of the box, don't be a copycat: use a tuba!

14636551-bavarian-musician-with-tuba-and

Blowing a whistle at government figures is one of four ways for people to show civil disobedience, as urged by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban.

The other two are withholding corporate tax and flying a Thai flag outside the home.

I see why the Journo went into writing instead of a job involving maths.

Why should flying a Thai flag outside your home be considered public disobedience?

Most countries that I've been to consider flying the national flag a sincere display of patriotism or nationalism, unless they are burning it or flying it upside-down.

Perhaps citizens have been encouraged to fly the Thai flag upside-down?

Blowing a whistle at government figures is one of four ways for people to show civil disobedience, as urged by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban.

The other two are withholding corporate tax and flying a Thai flag outside the home.

I see why the Journo went into writing instead of a job involving maths.

As for Plodprasob, what can I say, yet again we see Thai politicians reaching new heights of folly. I can only pray that everyone starts blowing whistles at him now as to see him retaliate would be a serious giggle.

Lets hope khun Plod. blow his loungs out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think that the PT should secretly equip all ministers and MPs with a powerful barking device to be activated after the Dems blow their little whistle.

That would be fun :rolleyes:

The Dems would quickly consider it as an act of terror :D

One more occasion for the Dems to drop by a court to complain ;)

I think that the PT should secretly equip all ministers and MPs with a powerful barking device to be activated after the Dems blow their little whistle.

That would be fun rolleyes.gif

The Dems would quickly consider it as an act of terror biggrin.png

One more occasion for the Dems to drop by a court to complain wink.png

1zgarz5.gif

Snipped quotes that change the context of the post.

Showing displeasure of an individual by blowing a whistle at them physically hurts no one and beats lobbing a grenade at them any day of the week.

If that individual thinks that the best form of retaliation is to blow a whistle back, he's an idiot.

The thought process never got as far as sticking his thumb on his nose and wiggling his fingers. That would be a childish action, but a clear indication of how childish he thinks they are being.

Doesn't change the context at all - the only thing that changes here is Thainy Tims explanation for whistling.

At the beginning of the thread he is ridiculing the act of blowing whistles "to act like an idiot is one thing" and then I carry out the heinous crime of mentioning the fact that abhisit should be embarassed by the whole obvious setup of the "ordinary citizens" whistling at the Education Minister filmed by Blue Sky TV and comprising current and ex dem MP's acting as these "ordinary citizens" and he has the cheek to tell me that laughing at the blowing of the whistles (I wasn't , I was laughing about the obvious TV set up) is due to me being western.

Wriggling at this he comes up with the "when you have been here as long as I have, you understand the Thai mind and culture" schtick as if he's some flesh and blood, Obi-Wan Kenobe. and gives me yet another version of what the whistling is about.

Another post to another person and theres another version of why the Thais whistling has some mystical meaning except this time it's from his wife and it is a literal representation of finding somebody out - a whistle blower. Which is all very well but apparently in thai culture (I'm sure the sage will correct me) whistle blowing is rather frowned upon.

In other words if you havent read the whole response don't try and tell me I'm wrong.

wrap-Thai-amnesty-bill-triggers-protests

" I said: THESE WHISTLES ARE A GOOD IDEA -

YOU CAN'T HEAR A WORD SUTHEP'S SAYING ! "

Edited by fab4

Doesn't change the context at all - the only thing that changes here is Thainy Tims explanation for whistling.

At the beginning of the thread he is ridiculing the act of blowing whistles "to act like an idiot is one thing" and then I carry out the heinous crime of mentioning the fact that abhisit should be embarassed by the whole obvious setup of the "ordinary citizens" whistling at the Education Minister filmed by Blue Sky TV and comprising current and ex dem MP's acting as these "ordinary citizens" and he has the cheek to tell me that laughing at the blowing of the whistles (I wasn't , I was laughing about the obvious TV set up) is due to me being western.

Wriggling at this he comes up with the "when you have been here as long as I have, you understand the Thai mind and culture" schtick as if he's some flesh and blood, Obi-Wan Kenobe. and gives me yet another version of what the whistling is about.

Another post to another person and theres another version of why the Thais whistling has some mystical meaning except this time it's from his wife and it is a literal representation of finding somebody out - a whistle blower. Which is all very well but apparently in thai culture (I'm sure the sage will correct me) whistle blowing is rather frowned upon.

In other words if you havent read the whole response don't try and tell me I'm wrong.

wrap-Thai-amnesty-bill-triggers-protests

" I said: THESE WHISTLES ARE A GOOD IDEA -

YOU CAN'T HEAR A WORD SUTHEP'S SAYING ! "

1zgarz5.gif

Amazing! He actually said that?
He said it. But the Dems actually did it Posted Image

Sorry Gerry but again you have lost the plot ... The "Dems" did not say that anyone that blows a whistle at another person was unethical and then proceed to say he was going to be unethical.

Then again since when is blowing a whistle assault?

I am still amazed at what crybabies and cowards some of the reds and PTP are.

Shall we also blow a whistle at you every time you pass your door?

You seem to not have a problem with that, so you would probably even enjoy it Posted Image

Gerry,  if you can get Thai people to blow a whistle at me for any perceived wrong that I have done to Thai people then YES! Please do so! Trust me, I won't be crying about it, or calling it assault, or blowing one back at them after stating that blowing whistles at people is unethical!

You still have lost the plot.

Alas since I am neither a moron nor a public figure in Thailand I will likely only have whistles blown at me 4-5 times a day :(

If the reds come up with a similar idea you would be among the first to call them names.

This whistle thing is so absurd. I really enjoy reading the posts supporting it. :D

At the same time I am surprised to see some of the "TV farang elite" approve such low level political behaviour... Amazing... Amazing... :blink:

Personally I think for Thailand the whistle idea is superb. Rather than shout and scream or throw things.. blow a whistle. Same result because EVERY ONE knows why you are blowing it BUT you are not saying rude things etc... :D:)

I am afraid that it is far from being an innocent and pure idea to avoid "saying rude things".

It is meant as just a step to make the situation escalate more...

The true intentions of the Dems is to bring chaos again.

Gerry.. when did the Democrats bring chaos the 1st time.... also I don't see chaos now. I see a non violent demonstration of people from differing backgrounds who are fed up with Thailand's politicians ( possibly from both camps)

Should they stop the demonstration. Possibly but until the amnesty is discarded officially they seem not to trust the PTP government to keep its word.

One wonders whether Plodprasob's whistle will be a screw driven device within a shaft as Plodprasob and his fellow P.T.P. accomplices have certainly been screwing and shafting the Thai people since they, the P.T.P. puppet show ensemble came to power.

• Like 1

Alac, I'm undone!, a protester holding a homemade sign versus the front page of a mainstay Red Shirt publication. rolleyes.gif

It'd be easy to find loads of stuff that'd fill the bill of apparent immaturity/vulgarity from the voice of the yellow shirts, Manager newspaper. I mean the one I saw the other day on 2Bangkok about Thai people being angry at Al Quaeda because they haven't killed Thaksin yet was along those lines. But going down that tit-for-tat route is pretty childish in itself. All sides are capable of being childish, at the moment it seems there are few above it, but then again cultural context should be taken into account. Some things that look dumb to us might not be considered so in Thai culture and so on.

I'm not sure Plod is being particularly immature here either. I think it's nice that he's responding in kind and entering into the spirit of things! Harmless fun really. Better than threatening people that blow whistles at him with arrest or something like that. Now that would be over the top and stupid.

What is amazing is how you can condemn the blowing of a whistle by way of a street demonstration, but at the same time, go on supporting and defending a group whose street demonstration included grenades, rocket launchers and molotov cocktails.

i can only hope one day a load of thugs such as reds are turn up where he lives and starts destroying all around and then i for one will say serves him right. He is sort who would support Hitlers brown shirts and claim holocost never happened. Personally while i have never been violent in my life sometimes one has to fight fire with fire and i would find it hard to condemn ant anti taksin group if they used same tactics as his gang of thugs

Words fail me in describing Gerry1011 mind set but last time i met someone here spouting same load of claptrap he certainly would never say such BS in front of anyone again. Pity my wife used to be a friend of his wife and that idiot would not even believe his own wife who was very anti Thaksin

Alac, I'm undone!, a protester holding a homemade sign versus the front page of a mainstay Red Shirt publication. rolleyes.gif

It'd be easy to find loads of stuff that'd fill the bill of apparent immaturity/vulgarity from the voice of the yellow shirts, Manager newspaper. I mean the one I saw the other day on 2Bangkok about Thai people being angry at Al Quaeda because they haven't killed Thaksin yet was along those lines. But going down that tit-for-tat route is pretty childish in itself. All sides are capable of being childish, at the moment it seems there are few above it, but then again cultural context should be taken into account. Some things that look dumb to us might not be considered so in Thai culture and so on.

I'm not sure Plod is being particularly immature here either. I think it's nice that he's responding in kind and entering into the spirit of things! Harmless fun really. Better than threatening people that blow whistles at him with arrest or something like that. Now that would be over the top and stupid.

Well you'd be right about Plod except that he said this:

He told Chaturon that if he was attacked by whistles he would blow one back because anybody who blows a whistle at another is an unethical person.

Choose one:

A hypocrite

An idiot

Unethical

Personally I would suggest all three. Yes, it's all harmless fun, but, as usual, foot in mouth spoiled it somewhat.

• Like 1

Choose one:

A hypocrite

An idiot

Unethical

Personally I would suggest all three. Yes, it's all harmless fun, but, as usual, foot in mouth spoiled it somewhat.

True, if he'd left out the 'unethical' part no one would have any problem with what he said. Maybe to avoid accusations of hypocrisy, he should've said 'anyone who blows a whistle at someone unprovoked is unethical'. Then he could've avoided becoming unethical himself in blowing his whistle back at them. But as you say, I think even if he had been more careful with his words, he'd still be unethical, because - and this may be contentious - he's probably done worse things than blowing a whistle (like his alleged involvement in illegal trading of tigers perhaps). There's nothing he's ever done to my knowledge which suggests he isn't an idiot, either.

• Like 1

I suggest posters should be using the whistle and red card emoticons, following on from any Red Shirt / Thaksin propaganda posts from the usual suspects. Having lived through the Red Shirt violence in 2009 and 2010, I'm going to treat that bunch of criminal thugs with the contempt they deserve.

• Like 1

Amusing comments regarding ''the bitters. Perhaps a review of ''the bitters in your posts fab4 might be a good idea.indeed you are adept at using the ''pot kettle black scenario.''

I suggest posters should be using the whistle and red card emoticons, following on from any Red Shirt / Thaksin propaganda posts from the usual suspects. Having lived through the Red Shirt violence in 2009 and 2010, I'm going to treat that bunch of criminal thugs with the contempt they deserve.

A true believer in democracy.

Are you going to have the final word on what you perceive as "Red Shirt / Thaksin propaganda posts from the usual suspects" or is there a committee?

Just how much more childish is it going to get on here?

Are you going to have the final word on what you perceive as "Red Shirt / Thaksin propaganda posts from the usual suspects" or is there a committee?

I guess that depends on how long you hang around.

• Like 2

I can't fathom this business that keeps coming up about 'propaganda' posts. Are the posters that make this accusation so certain they're right that they believe no one could hold a different opinion to them unless they were paid or a propagandist or something along those lines? Even if they were paid, it wouldn't make them necessarily wrong. Robert Amsterdam is paid and I disagree with a lot of what he writes but not all (I agreed with him that the amnesty was wrong, for instance). In the end I think you should deal with the argument and not worry about the motives of the poster.

I also believe that posting on an internet forum and arguing with people who hold completely different opinions to your own is a good way - if not the best way - of challenging your own views. mrtoad says his mind is made up because he lived through the red shirt violence and was affected by it personally and I think that's fair enough. I also know red shirt sympathisers who say they were either with the red shirts in 2010, or have seen friends/family greatly affected by what happened and will never change their minds regards Abhisit and Suthep. Also understandable.

I mean, it's difficult to argue with someone who was affected by something personally. But where does that get us in the end?

• Like 1

I can't fathom this business that keeps coming up about 'propaganda' posts. Are the posters that make this accusation so certain they're right that they believe no one could hold a different opinion to them unless they were paid or a propagandist or something along those lines? Even if they were paid, it wouldn't make them necessarily wrong. Robert Amsterdam is paid and I disagree with a lot of what he writes but not all (I agreed with him that the amnesty was wrong, for instance). In the end I think you should deal with the argument and not worry about the motives of the poster.

I also believe that posting on an internet forum and arguing with people who hold completely different opinions to your own is a good way - if not the best way - of challenging your own views. mrtoad says his mind is made up because he lived through the red shirt violence and was affected by it personally and I think that's fair enough. I also know red shirt sympathisers who say they were either with the red shirts in 2010, or have seen friends/family greatly affected by what happened and will never change their minds regards Abhisit and Suthep. Also understandable.

I mean, it's difficult to argue with someone who was affected by something personally. But where does that get us in the end?

Nowhere.

Like all the conversations in this forum.

Nowhere... It's just a way to spend time ;)

Nowhere.

Like all the conversations in this forum.

Nowhere... It's just a way to spend time wink.png

Is it? is that how you view it?

It's just a way to spend time?

Do you actually care about Thai people at all? .... All of them, the Thai people you live with, the Thai people you associate with.

At a guess, I would say that you don't.

• Like 1

A question. A pickup is trying to reverse out of a loading dock. There is one security guard at the front of the vehicle, and one behind, and both are blowing their whistles like they're announcing Armageddon. So, which of the two security guards do you think is Ploddy?

(This actually happened - if I had been the driver , I would have got out and clocked both of the clowns)

I guess that depends on how long you hang around.

cheesy.gif

Choose one:

A hypocrite

An idiot

Unethical

may I choose several?

Blowing a whistle at government figures is ONE OF FOUR ways for people to show civil disobedience, ........
The other two are withholding corporate tax and "flying a Thai flag outside the home"

What flag should they fly outside their home? Cambodian flag???

1 + 2 + X = 4 crazy.gif
Probably no one is withholding corporate tax, they just lost count facepalm.gif