I caught a crimal/Shutdown a scam - Need Help, Witnesses & Victims ASAP!

BKKMark

Well done catching this guy and rightfully giving him a red nose!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks Skint! Yea maybe rightful in our eyes.

But If this doesn't get out there he honestly has more chance of pinning assault on me then we have of pinning this on him. Now that he has been given free reign to burn the evidence and jump away. It's absolutely ridiculous and now we have to do the investigative work for the police running around and collecting CCTV of where he met my girlfriend for the documents? Have you ever?

Me: "Here this is the guy that stole the passport we reported a few days ago"

Cop: "Cannot cannot cannot break nose cannot cannot cannot arrest without go to judge for warrant first"

<deleted>!!

• Like 1

I don't think he will go to the police but there are investigative journalists who like to take on these types of people.

Thanks Skint, will take anything I can get. Have read horror stories about these types of things and the law working against you as a Falang here even if you in the right.

I need some support from the expat community to stamp out this type of shit even if it's just for the token of it as it's not often Falangs take things into their own hands to get their own back - or have an opportunity like this to put up something solid - that's how I was raised atleast.

I have evidence in the form of every email exchange, SMS exchanges, whatsapp exchanges... All the cons, bullshit and requests etc, hopefully CCTV footage at the place my GF met to give him the passport and obviously my girlfriend can positively ID him as the man who took it. That's about it though - not hard enough in Thai polices eyes.

Any thoughts on who to contact? Where to start?

Thanks

I think you have done what you can for now, like I said some websites are devoted to this sort of thing, I would probably remove his pic from here if he reads this site then he will have a heads up and could possibly turn it against you. TiT

I think you have done what you can for now, like I said some websites are devoted to this sort of thing, I would probably remove his pic from here if he reads this site then he will have a heads up and could possibly turn it against you. TiT

If you have any suggestions please post them up here so I can pursue them.

Ok I will but how would he turn it against me, it is a positive ID of a prevalent scammer and no doubt someone will recognize him?

Bravo. What a terrific story.

The vast majority of people wouldn't have the cunning or the balls to take matters into their own hands after reporting this crook to the authorities.

Am certain this story will be picked up and widely read. Suggest contacting your local paper also. Probably more effective than the legal process for the reasons you already outlined.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You lost this case as soon as you punched him. Had you and your mates made a 'citizens arrest' and frog marched him to the police station with a fluent Thai speaker, things might have been different. To be honest, I think the UK police would have taken a dim view of you assaulting a suspect and bringing him to the police station dripping with blood - as the Thai police did.

• Like 2

Find the man. Make a deal. Your gf gets her passport back, the p_ssy gets a compensation for his nose and forget it. I know it sounds weird but as you have learned it already, you are in a weird country and they don't give a sh_t about what happened. The fastest and most effective way to deal with it is to talk to him instead of the authorities. Get the pass back and offer him a small compensation so he is going to shut up and not going to cause trouble. Pursue it and you will end up spending much more time, money and energy on this worthless sh_t. Good luck

Edited by A1Str8

Contact a Journalist at a reputable paper - they'd love it. The exposure would mean the BIB have to take notice of the situation. In fact, suggest to the BIB that they can take the credit for their fantastic investigative police work, they do love their picture in the paper. biggrin.png

You could even try emailing the story to a UK paper, it's the sort of novel event they like as well.

Excellent nose job by the way, and even if the whole thing goes a little pear shaped for you, you can sleep well at night knowing that you've got your monies worth by literally rearranging this little turds face. Next time go for the double tap - nose and gonads.

The cops here only make arrests if they catch the perp.

Otherwise, they do what the court says.

You can try visiting a Thai lawyer and 2 years from now you might get a court order to arrest the guy. But probably not.

Your case is frivolous to the Thai court in their eyes because niether one of you are Thai, and one or the other could skip town and even be more a waste of their time.

Sorry to sound negative and hope you get justice somehow.

Good on you! Despite the foolishness hitting him and thinking that the police would help at all. In the UK, you would be arrested for assault instantly.

I am no expert on this stuff, but if you reported all of this to your embassy isn't it easy enough to cancel the stolen passport and freeze any other documents given (e.g bank account or whatever). Then just start again?

But still. Good on you anyway!

So, if you'd punched him in the stomach and not left any kind of mark it wouldn't be so much of an issue then? They'd be no evidence of any 'assault' on your part ... would they have acted differently?

Did the police even question the guy and ask him if he did it/confessed?

I assume you have contacted your girlfriend's embassy to report the passport stolen and request a replacement? This is absolutely critical.

You can also proffer the photo of the alleged thief to the Embassy. He may well be know to them.

Though, she will have to appear in person to apply for a replacement (British Embassy?).

Edited by wooloomooloo

I am no expert on this stuff, but if you reported all of this to your embassy isn't it easy enough to cancel the stolen passport and freeze any other documents given (e.g bank account or whatever). Then just start again?

But still. Good on you anyway!

You make it sound so simple? Factor in the inconvenience?

Running around for passport applications, police stations, procuring a temporary, getting the stamps transferred to the temporary at immigration, going on a visa run and paying the overstay this idiot caused, not being able to get a proper visa in a temporary passport, waiting 6months for a new real passport?? All out of your own pocket when you were looking forward to the income from a new job? Nah its a bit more of an impact than some minor paperwork....

Find the man. Make a deal. Your gf gets her passport back, the p_ssy gets a compensation for his nose and forget it. I know it sounds weird but as you have learned it already, you are in a weird country and they don't give a sh_t about what happened. The fastest and most effective way to deal with it is to talk to him instead of the authorities. Get the pass back and offer him a small compensation so he is going to shut up and not going to cause trouble. Pursue it and you will end up spending much more time, money and energy on this worthless sh_t. Good luck

Passport is gone mate this is an identity theft syndicate with a bigger boss, he spilled all the beans when I smashed him... Singing like a bird even giving locations of HQ and names of those in charge. His <deleted> puckered up very quick and he suddenly became the victim when the police arrived. You think they wanted to hear any of it? Should have just kidnapped him with the way this is going.

• Like 1

So, if you'd punched him in the stomach and not left any kind of mark it wouldn't be so much of an issue then? They'd be no evidence of any 'assault' on your part ... would they have acted differently?

Did the police even question the guy and ask him if he did it/confessed?

His girlfriend was even openly admitting it!!! Saying he was just a runner for big boss blah blah blah she had a conscious at least... He was just sitting there moaning about his nose going what passport.

All of this went right over the top of the polices heads as they asked the most idiotic and uneducated questions I have ever heard.

I assume you have contacted your girlfriend's embassy to report the passport stolen and request a replacement? This is absolutely critical.

You can also proffer the photo of the alleged thief to the Embassy. He may well be know to them.

Though, she will have to appear in person to apply for a replacement (British Embassy?).

Yes that was all done before this whole thing of me setting him up and catching him. Takes 6months though.

Ha ha you're joking right? Embassy still reckons she merely lost the passport. What a f*cking joke.

South African btw

All of this went right over the top of the polices heads as they asked the most idiotic and uneducated questions I have ever heard.

You could try the tourist police too. At least they will understand English.

Fair enough, thanks, didn't even think of that? What power do they have though in regards to cases? Sure they can't do much but advise.

Passport is gone mate this is an identity theft syndicate with a bigger boss, he spilled all the beans when I smashed him... Singing like a bird even giving locations of HQ and names of those in charge. His asshol_e puckered up very quick and he suddenly became the victim when the police arrived. You think they wanted to hear any of it? Should have just kidnapped him with the way this is going.

I see. Then you have two choices.

1. Pursue it and you are likely not going to get anywhere. But I think you know that already.

2. You actually did this already..go to embassy, explain the whole story..get a new pass and forget it.

I know it's hard but this is your smartest choice. You have learned it already that taking matters into your own hands just makes sh_t worse. On the other side authorities do not care at all. The cops are only going to help if you pay them.

You could try the tourist police too. At least they will understand English.

Fair enough, thanks, didn't even think of that? What power do they have though in regards to cases? Sure they can't do much but advise.

No, they can't do a lot, but at least they will have close liaison with the Thai police and might possibly be taken a little more seriously.

• Like 1

Send me a PM where he looks for victims I will meet him as well. Srs PM me please. Hate that type of crap. What site he uses when looking for passports.

PM'd buddy!

Wish more of the members would jump on board in your fashion, ha ha maybe this shit just gets to me more than most, if nothing else comes of this his name and picture at least deserve to be up in lights!