Sakthong mansion

Giselle3

Its located on soi 5 of suthep road.

A few months ago, my wife and me bought a detach house but its still not done yet. So we had to find some place to stay in CM. We found Sakthong mansion at a reasonable price for one bedroom. At first we rented out on month by month basis since the we still didn't know the exact time when my new house is gonna be done. It was 7,000 baht a month plus a few amount of electrical appliances which were refrigerator and television, that we had to pay (if rent out less than three months). By the way. The beginning of the contract was on july 15th.

Three month passed by, my wife negotiated the rental of the electrical appliances to be none. It wasn't easy but it went just in our way.

On the 4th of november, i moved in to my new house the contract to the mansion will be ended on the 15th of the same month. From the 15th of October to the 4th of november i turned the air con on not more than 7 days, not more than 8 hours per time.

On the 15 of november, we moved the rest of our things out and i was gonna clean the room. An old lady came (the mansion-keeper), she told me not to clean the room because it already paid so she will do it. And i said its okay let me help but she convinced me not to then i thanked her for that then i took of.

Today, the manager of the mansion texted me to inform the amount that she will transfer back to my account. We deposited 7,000 baht with her in the first place. she deducted ฿280 for water bill, **฿1,280** for electrical bill which i stated above that i turned on the air con not more than 7 days last month, and **฿500** cleaning fee. What!! I was shocked.

I called her a few hours ago for explanation, she said " you may hadn't switch off the water heater, didn't take the plugs of the refrigerator and the television. Again i was speechless. Then she numbed me out by saying if you had ever stayed in a condo before you would probably know that the cost is gonna be this much its nothing like a dorm. I put out my effort as much as i could to negotiate the cost then the result was she lower it to ฿900 for electrical bill.still she charged for the cleaning even if the room hadn't been cleaner the day i first moved in and even the last day i was trying to do the cleaning and the lady told me to stay put. The explanation for that was she has to polish the wooden floor which i couldn't do i. I am stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Giselle3

They all typically charge cleaning, the cleaner was talking bull and you were probably overcharged 200, but aircon for 7 days, 8 hrs a time could have been 500 baht. No biggie really, at least you got most of the 7k back.

• Like 1

Giselle

Sounds like you got a good deal compared to many other farung here. A lot don't see any deposit refund at all.

The prices all sound very reasonable to me.

What were the rooms like?

If that is the worst you are going to experience in CM then you are in for an enjoyable stay.

always check the elec and water rates before signing up.

It's common trick. Reasonable room rate and they make the money off of utilities markup.

Rookie mistake.... Could have been a lot more expensive like the Karoke scams etc.

He had already been there about 4 months I am sure he knew what the electricity would be. with in reason.

Unfortunately, you're not allowed to name and shame on TV (sponsors aside) so although you've warned a few, expect this topic to be closed and names deleted.

Yes I am surprised it is still here. The whole thread should be deleted or a moderator go back and delete the name of the business.

I don't think there is a business in town that some one hasn't complained about at one time or another.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, you're not allowed to name and shame on TV (sponsors aside) so although you've warned a few, expect this topic to be closed and names deleted.

Yes I am surprised it is still here. The whole thread should be deleted or a moderator go back and delete the name of the business.

I don't think there is a business in town that some one hasn't complained about at one time or another.

Like everyone else, no doubt, I haven't actually read the rules, but I have managed to figure out that because of strict libel laws in Thailand name and shame isn't allowed, but slagging off the advertisers is. Maybe they sign some kind of disclaimer in order to advertise.

Yes my dear, that's right. In fact, it is quite simple; do the math.

12000 BTU (normal for a 50 sqft area) will give you roughly 4 kwh. 1 kwh in Thailand costs about 5 Baht (some condos will charge you up to 15 Baht!).

8h x 4 kwh x 5 Baht = 160 Baht a day.

160 Baht a day x 30 days = 4.800 Baht a month for a 12000 btu unit switched on 8 h a day.

That is for a new unit with a clean filter of course.

Again, or the owner/manager is stupid or the Christmas man

12000 BTU (normal for a 50 sqft area) will give you roughly 4 kwh. 1 kwh in Thailand costs about 5 Baht (some condos will charge you up to 15 Baht!).

160 Baht a day x 30 days = 4.800 Baht a month for a 12000 btu unit switched on 8 h a day.

50 sq ft u serious? = 4.64515 sq meters

And using 12000 btu aircon?

Com'on

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Giselle3

50 sq ft u serious? = 4.64515 sq meters

And using 12000 btu aircon?

Com'on

Sorry, it should read 500 sqft of course.

Interesting theory/math. I have been in my rental property for almost 6 years now. We have at times had 2 X A/C units going - one as much as 18 hours per day (one is a Saijo Denki industrial unit - I belive 18K BTU) , 2-3 computers, 2 fans, 2 refrigerators, 2 TV's, many lights, etc. The highest bill we have ever had in almost 6 years was 2800 Baht. No Christmas man or manager here. Meter is out front.

Edited by elektrified

Interesting theory/math. I have been in my rental property for almost 6 years now. We have at times had 2 X A/C units going - one as much as 18 hours per day (one is a Saijo Denki industrial unit - I belive 18K BTU) , 2-3 computers, 2 fans, 2 refrigerators, 2 TV's, many lights, etc. The highest bill we have ever had in almost 6 years was 2800 Baht. No Christmas man or manager here. Meter is out front.

thaigolfer was figuring at 5 baht a kwh. That is an extremely good price for a condo. You were paying how much I believe it is still below 4 but was closer to 3 at one point which would of course make your bill a lot cheaper. Also I would imagine you kept your air con's serviced in good working order which would also help. I doubt that most condos do that unless you request it.

Bearing in mind you are theorising the aircon is set low and thus the compressor (drawer of the majority of 'juice') is on for the duration. If it were set to something like 28 degrees it'd cycle every few minutes and perhaps be on for 10-15 mins an hour (ignoring the 'blower's' consumption), so divide your figure by four at least. A 12000 BTU aircon would perhaps only draw around 1,200-2,000 watts, so halve that again, at least. Most mid-level apartments charge 8 baht a unit, so thinking his bill for aircon alone would be 4-500 baht. Showers typically use the most, and perhaps with the cooler weather our buddy here hoicked up the dial a bit. wink.png

The bedroom is 130 sq ft (air conditioned). Not 500 sq ft. And i payed not more than 1200 baht for those previous months for the electricity bill. People common don't get me wrong here. Im just saying not u let u guys fall into the same mistake i made thats all.