Phuket Customs catch Indian drug mule with B15mn of ya ice

webfact

Phuket Customs catch Indian drug mule with B15mn of ya ice
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_201311231074699_YjFqfHUFFbnpd
Aizawl Lalchhuanthangi, charged with smuggling meth from India into Thailand, hides her face at a press conference. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Customs officers arrested a drug mule attempting to smuggle 4.5 kilograms of ya ice (crystal methamphetamine) into Phuket from Delhi, India, yesterday.

The 37-year-old Indian woman, Aizawl Lalchhuanthangi, was presented at a press conference yesterday at Phuket International Airport.

phuketnews_201311231074699_hAlqRaIwoNAKs

Airport Customs Director Montira (white shirt, right) and Phuket Governor Maitri (center) headed the press conference . Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

“When Ms Lalchhuanthangi’s suitcase went through the x-ray machine our officers were suspicious, as it showed up all black inside – making it likely that it was constructed to hide things,” said Phuket Airport Customs Director Montira Cherchoo, who headed the press conference along with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut.

“The suitcase was also suspiciously heavy, 19kg, given its size,” she added.

On searching Ms Lalchhuanthangi’s luggage, officers uncovered 11 bags of ya ice wrapped in black plastic and stuffed into to tea tins. Additionally, they found 62 cloth bags containing ya ice hidden among the saris and other pieces of clothing in the bag.

Officials estimate that the drugs have a street value of 15 million baht.

Ms Lalchhuanthangi confessed to police that she boarded a plane in Delhi just before 1am yesterday morning with the intent of smuggling the drugs into Phuket. She told police that she was paid 100,000 rupees (about 50,000 baht), and was supposed to be met at Phuket Airport by a Thai connection.

Tah Chat Chai Police charged Ms Lalchhuanthangi with possession and trafficking of a category 1 narcotic with intent to sell.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Customs-catch-Indian-drug-mule-with-B15mn-of-ya-ice-22858.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-11-23

She will not be seen again well not for a long time. The Mule is worthless unless she is used to catch people along the line... what she was promised or even threatened with to do this trip we will never be sure of. The only thing we do know is that there will be others to do the same. Putting her in prison for 50 years is not the answer. It does not teach the uneducated not to do the same.. But what else can be done?

• Like 1

This is a super nasty addictive drug. They need to get serious about this, might be time for the Singapore style gallows threat.

I whole heartedly agree, it's a Scourge in this country with all this Teen Violence going on in Phuket, Pattaya, Nong Ki...

Edited by Dannyboy6
  • Like 1

This is a super nasty addictive drug. They need to get serious about this, might be time for the Singapore style gallows threat.

I whole heartedly agree, it's a Scourge in this country with all this Teen Violence going on in Phuket, Pattaya, Nong Ki...

Far from just this country i'm afraid...its a worldwide problem..

As an aside ...Check this poor dude out...RIP

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/19761655/man-dies-after-drinking-58-000-worth-of-crystal-meth-in-fruit-drink-bottle/

Crikey, what a photo op - everybody and their granny is in on this one, Custom-made signs, scales, props - it's got the lot - except perhaps for a pet or two - slow lorises, tortoises etc....

Haha, yeah why is there no slow loris with the new police chief pointing at it? They could of got more people in it with a panoramic shot...

Pity she was not followed and allowed to meet with the "connection"

This rather pathetic lady will now enjoy a very long "holiday"

She may have been followed

Maybe she told a pack of something else that us not drugs

Could have been meeting another Indian

Or she could have not been meeting anyone at the airport I mean it is I pretty dangerous place to do a drug deal

I would guess she would have gone to a hotel where she would have received a phone call fro. Anyone or some one calling under his fake name

Plus she would. Have been followed by the gang from the airport fit counter surveillance

These people are not stupid or they would be in jail long time ago

Also there shall be more parcels coming fro. Her boss in India to thailand just with different mules

So she could have enemies home and abroad if she blabs but when facing the death penalty they have not much to lose

So I guess these gangs already have a plan in place

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app