Bleach without additions

binjalin

This might sound ridiculous but I can't seem to find anyone that sells bottles of bleach

plenty of toilet/bathroom concoctions with bleach in them (toilet duck etc.) but I'm after bleach without foamy additions

looked @ Makro, 7/11 etc.

anyone know of any?

You'd think that bleach, being one of the most common chemicals used in industry, would be easily available everywhere... but for some economic reason local suppliers prefer you buy their "value-added" coloured/perfumed bottles of something remotely equivalent, which is practically useless for removing any mold.

I recently bought a whole box of Duck Ra-Killer 2 from some semi-industrial shop inside a narrow lane somewhere here, but I've also seen the more expensive Clorox available in the cloth detergent section of Big-C.

Haiter Bleach at Tesco Lotus Express. Here's a photo of the bottle, with printing reversed.

I think Haiter has perfumes and foaming agents added. If you go to a chemical supply house, you can buy sodium hypochlorite solutions. I think it's 20%. That you can dilute down with water to whatever percentage of sodium hypochlorite solution you want. I think Chlorox bleach is currently 8% sodium hypochlorite. It used to be 6%.

Haiter Bleach is definitely weaker than Clorox but worked for my purposes--cleaning the kitchen counter during a previous ant invasion and septic system odor reduction.

I noticed that the Union Science online site has sodium hypochlorite 10% as a listed product. The store is located on Suthep Road near Nimman.

Haiter Bleach at Tesco Lotus Express. Here's a photo of the bottle, with printing reversed.

right thanks - but why oh why is this such a challenge???

Actually Haiter brand is sold everywhere, but as noted has additives. I have never seen another brand. If you can't find it ask the clerk for 'fok' (bleach).

Here's a link to what I used last week to clean the mold and mildew from my wall. It does have some type of additive to soften the smell, but still did a good job. Just mixed 1 part bleach to 3 parts water, and cleaned using a soft bristled brush. Then rinsed with fresh water. I bought it at Big C, and also at market in the countryside near our house. I first stopped at a small Tesco, but did not see it there.

http://5623.th.all.biz/hygiene-bleach-color-bleach-g36554

• Like 1