Heating Pad for Backache - Where?

sante

I suggest buying those sticky mentholated pads which you can find right here in Chiang Mai. The Japanese brand is called Salonpas and they come in various sizes. They work very well in my opinion, if you can't find a heating pad. If you are in too much pain to go out and get the sticky pads for yourself shoot me a message and I will go get them for you and bring them to you if you live in Chiang Mai.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks for the recommendations. And, Wopanese, much appreciate your offer but am feeling better today. I think lugging around too many packages yesterday caused the problem. Will search KSK for heating pad or Salonpas to keep on hand if ache gets worse.

A few years ago I found an electrically heated water bag and it worked great for a couple of weeks, then it became a cold water bag. If I saw them again, I would try another one..............maybe I just got a lemon. Most pharmacies do carry the old fashioned water bags like grandma used to use, but you gotta manually fill it with hot water of course......which is a pain in the arse at night when you are in bed.

Would agree to try water bottle first, or, not sure if they do here but a small bag of wheat, shove it in the microwave to heat up and use as compress.

Also, I am obviously very familiar with the hot herbal ball, full of herbs, soak in hot water then steam it......or microwave it then compress the aching muscles, need two to keep the process going. Very quick and effective.

what I advise against are the heat pads, many here made by tiger balm, and the chemical reaction starts as soon as it touches your skin.

For some people they have caused serious burns and ended up in hospital being treated for burns aswell as the muscle pain.

If you are prone to the lower back "going" like me.... a back support vest is worth buying for those manual or gardening jobs you need to do.

Good luck.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot