Abhisit is not worried of party’s dissolution

webfact

One day, I sincerely hope that Thai people will come to accept the results of an election by the people. Those on the losing side in any election in any country can carp about the policies of the majority party, alleged corruption, etc., etc. The true indication of a 'mature' democracy is to accept the mandate of the people and wait until the next election.

A true indicator of Democracy is having Politicians who are worthy of voting for. Politicians who are inclusive with their policies for all the people, not just a handful of cronies.

But I do wonder, When you have bought the vote for cash how much of a mandate is that exactly?

Democracy makes no guarantees whatsoever. When I teach students about democracy, I tell them there are two cardinal rules: 1) Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers; and 2) democracy does not guarantee that 'correct' decisions will be made. As for 'vote buying', there are procedures in place for candidates for office to file complaints over such irregularities. During the time I have been in Thailand, the election commission has set aside many contests for vote buying and defamation. These complaints have been filed [and upheld] in numer ous instances by all political parties.

That may be so, but buying the vote isn't much of a mandate regardless of which side it is. 100% of people will never be happy with which ever party is in power. They can only hope stupid people don't get elected into power! Politicians who make decisions for the good of all not a few would be a good start. That might guarantee a fairer system?

But as you say, there are no guarantees. The country needs a better political system than they have.

As the old saying goes, there are only two guarantees in life irrespective of political systems - death and taxes! Had enough of the latter and getting closer to the first! ;-)

• Like 1

I wonder is the "protesters" have any idea that this whole farce is not designed to oust the current government but simply to put Suthep and Abhisit back in power where they will care even less about the guy in the street than the Phue Thai government do.

Elections are not an option for the Suthep Dem Party, they would not win. Only chance is another coup and I don't think the army are up for that, not right now!

The Pheu Thai party do NOT care about ordinary people in the slightest.. Pheu Thai is a Mafia led party who care only about themselves and robbing this country blind. Throw a few trinkets to the stupid peoples and those peoples think we are Gods... all hail Thaksin .. Hahaha

You are close to certifiably insane my friend. When on earth do you get your data. When and where was there evidence that the democrat took care of the 'ordinary people' as you put it.

The Thai Democrat party is driven by the wealthiest families in Thailand. Abhisit and Suthep is just two of their poodles, and It is believed that each of them have committed many crimes to impress their elite Flashmen masters.

The PTP administration has done nothing for the country or it's people - the amount of corruption and cheating in the house goes beyond the bounds of acceptable and into the realm of Mugabe and Marcos.

I would sooner see a government of soi dogs than these rapers of law and order

"Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva is not concerned that his party may be dissolved because of its active role in the protests aimed at toppling the Thaksin regime."

Then as the leader of the longest prevailing Thai political party Khun Abhisit should be ashamed of himself.

• Like 1

"Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva is not concerned that his party may be dissolved because of its active role in the protests aimed at toppling the Thaksin regime."

Then as the leader of the longest prevailing Thai political party Khun Abhisit should be ashamed of himself.

Why would anyone be ashamed of protesting against a corrupt government and trying to topple a regime controlled by a convicted criminal fugitive bent on seizing dictatorial powers and installing his family as political rulers and self enrichment,

Surely, supporting such a regime or doing nothing is more to be ashamed about?

I wonder is the "protesters" have any idea that this whole farce is not designed to oust the current government but simply to put Suthep and Abhisit back in power where they will care even less about the guy in the street than the Phue Thai government do.

Elections are not an option for the Suthep Dem Party, they would not win. Only chance is another coup and I don't think the army are up for that, not right now!

The Pheu Thai party do NOT care about ordinary people in the slightest.. Pheu Thai is a Mafia led party who care only about themselves and robbing this country blind. Throw a few trinkets to the stupid peoples and those peoples think we are Gods... all hail Thaksin .. Hahaha

You are close to certifiably insane my friend. When on earth do you get your data. When and where was there evidence that the democrat took care of the 'ordinary people' as you put it.

The Thai Democrat party is driven by the wealthiest families in Thailand. Abhisit and Suthep is just two of their poodles, and It is believed that each of them have committed many crimes to impress their elite Flashmen masters.

Bakseeda's post talks about PTP and their complete lack of care about the Thai people. Rather than answer that you rant on about the Democrats.

Nice try at diversion.

As for certifiable. Interesting that a keen PTP supporter makes the comment that anyone who doesn't agree with them must be mentally ill. North Korea use that method of subjection a lot too I hear.

Er.. not sure anyone agree in the current situation, people choose them rather than the thaksin regime.

And as long the protests are not end, nobody will know the seriousness will bring to what level.

If they had added just one simple safeguard to the process for amending the constitution in 2006 none of this would be happening right now - a required 2/3 majority for these types of changes as many other countries do or a referendum

PTP would never have tried to push these amendments through the house as they would never have passed the first vote in the house - this would ensure that the entire Thai population are represented in the house with such matters and not just the 53% of voters that were bought and paid for by TS,

seriously none of this would be going on right now if it had been the case, only sensible changes would ever be read in the house

This would also shut the red mouth pieces up who keep claiming the won the election and have total power to do as they please

This one simple thing would change the landscape of democracy and politics in Thailand forever