Thai Transport Ministry to lower road mortality by 50% in the next 7 years

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One idea would be to invest some money in some kind of government rescue agency ie ( a real ambulance or fire and rescue service) that can respond to accidents, effectively rescue people from wreckage's using adequate equipment and tools , treat casualties on scene and on route to hospitals and try to prevent loss of life .

im sure they need to and will when finances permit, move away from the arrangements they currently have that rely mainly on well intended volunteers in a pick up with a spinal board .

Edited by simonuk

perhaps start by educating students and children about the dangers of careless and drink driving . in my city in the uk we ( british firefighters ) make regular visits to schools to educate the kids with graphic and shocking photos. Of course it isn't a total solution but its one of many measures that can be implemented.

i see a lot of moaning in here and reasons why things cant be improved. personally i think the solutions are out there , Thailand is a nation that is developing, why are so many in here happy to sit back and right it off as a lost cause?

Edited by simonuk

The only way you will achieve a lower fatality or injury rate on Thailand's roads is to make it a nanny state . And we all know that is not what we came for ! rolleyes.gif

Did anyone ask the Thais if they like to see the daily carnage?

I went to three funerals this year. One for a 17 year old nephew who was side swiped by a pick up truck.

That is an event I never want to go through again.

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Speak for yourself, but I don't believe that. I know it.

QED