Overstay

This has been done to death. Just go to the airport. I have not heard of anyone who is at the airport with a plane ticket who hasn't simply had to pay the fine and been allowed to leave.

Clearly it hasn't been. As someone who doesn't have any experience or acquaintances in this matter a simple question seemed appropriate and potentially very helpful.

As it turns out, the rest of your comment was accurate and would have been very helpful if you hadn't preceded it with the unneccesary bitchy comment at the start.

Does look bitchy when you put it that way. My apologies mate. I'm glad it all went ok.

Cheers ...

Erm - Permit me to suggest that you 'hide' on the way to the airport. If you get picked up on the way things might not turn out good for you...

Clarification - You only get the chance to pay the THB500/day when you are physically inside the airport building - if you are picked up by police at any other outside location such as a roadside check point on your way to the airport, and the police discover your 1 month overstay status during a routine passport check - then you have been caught illegally residing in Thailand. That is not good...I mean really not good at all, and your life has just changed.

1 month is quite a long overstay, and will not be overlooked. - if caught outside the airport, You will likely be arrested and held in jail pending due process. After which you will be finally sent (& jailed) at the IDC (Immigration Detention Center) in Bangkok. Pending deportation at your own expense. In which case you have to hope you have friends who can bring you an air ticket, because you won't be going anywhere without it!

Do not overstay in Thailand. It is a very serious offence.

What a total over reaction.