Marriott Executive Apartments or Ascott sathorn?

ultimate weapon

I lived in a Marriott exec apartment in Pacific Place in Hong Kong for two years and it was superb, I spent several different weekends in Ascott serviced apts and was always ready to leave at the end of the weekend. Marriott gets my vote.

I lived in a Marriott exec apartment in Pacific Place in Hong Kong for two years and it was superb, I spent several different weekends in Ascott serviced apts and was always ready to leave at the end of the weekend. Marriott gets my vote.

I wonder if all marriott apartments are the same maybe it will be different in bkk?

Did you stay in bkk ascott?

Could you elaborate more?

I wonder if all marriott apartments are the same maybe it will be different in bkk?

I've stayed at BKK Ascott/Somerset apts on Sathorn and on Chitlom, they both follow the same theme of half wood paneled rooms that have a slightly musty smell, despite them not being that old - quasi kitchenettes that you couldn't really use for much other than to make a basic breakfast. Front desk service was passably efficient and the restaurant, when it was managed by Bourbon Street, was very good, subsequently it was just OK but not very good value - swimming pool was just OK.

Marriot on the other was connected to the hotel hence all services were shared and very efficient, all in all a total different experience in every respect, much more efficient and upmarket.

I've stayed at both Marriott Vacation Club at The Empire Place, which is timeshare apartments as well as the Executive Apartments. The former was quite nice and had a pretty good kitchen and laundry. It's been awhile since I stayed at the Executive Apartments. As I recall it was a little less roomy and the kitchen was fairly basic. At that time they charged a fairly exorbitant amount for wifi, although that may no longer be the case. I could easily see staying longer than the one week that I did at the timeshare, but the executive apartment would not be some place I would want to stay for more that a short visit.

Have no experience with Ascott, so can make any comparison.

I've stayed at BKK Ascott/Somerset apts on Sathorn and on Chitlom, they both follow the same theme of half wood paneled rooms that have a slightly musty smell, despite them not being that old - quasi kitchenettes that you couldn't really use for much other than to make a basic breakfast. Front desk service was passably efficient and the restaurant, when it was managed by Bourbon Street, was very good, subsequently it was just OK but not very good value - swimming pool was just OK.

Marriot on the other was connected to the hotel hence all services were shared and very efficient, all in all a total different experience in every respect, much more efficient and upmarket.

Apologize here but i don't understand what you by connected to the hotel for the marriott. You mean the apartment section is connected to the hotel section?

Because as far as i know I only know of 2 other marriotts one which is jw marriott located near to nana and the other one further down on suk rd and there isn't any other marriott other than the apartments at the sathorn area.

I believe that marriott would be better than ascott even though i have stayed in neither even among 5 star accomodations there are different standards obviously. Mariott is rated much higher than ascott on TA. I'm also going to be staying at chatrium riverside and it's the top 20 so let's see if there is going to be a difference in the room standards.