Upgrading Norsorsam Regular To Chanoot

Hi there all

Last week I found a piece of land north of Chiangmai that has regular Nor Sor Sam (tamada not Gor).

The price is fair if the title was good, I like the owner, and I would like to buy it

I would like to know about upgrading to Chanoot.

I managed to see my lawyer just for a few minutes yesterday and suggested to her that it takes a long time. She said it depends how much you're willing to spend. I presume she is thinking spending legally.

Has anyone done this and know the ropes?

If the chances were good and speedy I might consider paying a small deposit, enough for an application by the owner, with completion dependent on success. Thoughts?

Thankyou...

Edited by sleepyjohn

We had our deed upgraded to chanot a couple years ago. Had the nor sor sam for 12yrs. The poo yai baan did it for everyone in the village. You'll have to get the land surveyed through the local amphur. Not much difference in the title except you can't mortgage or borrow money on the nor sor sam.

Hi sleepyjohn. No need to really wait if the parcel is large enough to build centrally. The main difference is that you are not ensured of boundaries, and to upgrade the Land Office needs to post for boundary objections for 30 days.

The length of time for upgrade varies by Land Office priority. The only reason I can see for paying extra is to speed up the Land Office :o

It is possible to obtain a mortgage on Nor Sor 3, but some banks may require surveying first (ie upgrade to Nor Sor 3 Gor)