Help - Supreme Court case result needed

Artabus

Hi there

I hope someone can help me - I have been involved in a case that has gone from Civil Court to Appeals Court to the Supreme Court, and now finally the result is in. Only problem is - I can't read Thai (or at least, it's only good enough for restaurant menus) and so there is no way for me to get hold of the ruling... At least as far as I know!

Is there someone who can get it for me?

Just having the ruling in Thai will be enough, as I can then get it translated. Being in the UK, I have been unable to find the result off the Net.

I'll pm the details to anyone who can help.

Thanks smile.png

Art

Mods - please put this in a different forum if I've posted in the wrong one.

I don't quite understand what you want here....

If this is a case you're involved in, then contact your lawer perhaps??

Hi mole

Not quite that simple I'm afraid. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that I've run out of support from them.

It might help to understand if I point out that Thai law was very straightforward in this case - a probate one - but no Thai court has ever had the chance to judge the facts as they should have been judged. And yes, I have changed lawyers in an attempt to improve things, but without success. And in that short description lies a very long time and a very long battle.

I cannot get the transcript myself, and cannot work out from the Supreme Court site how to get hold of it. Getting it ttranslated once I have it is not the problem, it's getting it that is the problem. And whilst it's pretty obvious what the outcome will be (!) I am still interested enough to know what reasoning may have been applied.

Would I have started down this road just because it was obvious what the outcome should have been, without realising that as a farang up against a very devious Hi-So I had little chance? Yes, because it was the right thing to do.

But saying "contact your lawyer" - I'm not so dumb that I wouldn't do that if I could.

Cheers

Art

How long did it take please ? I guess it was Civil or you would not be posting from abroad.

Hi drx13

The case was filed at the Civil Court in April 2008. From there it went to the Appeals Court (also in Bangkok) and then in June 2011 it was sent to the Supreme Court, who ruled on it last month. So in total - 5 years 7 months.

There was also a good criminal case for me to pursue - but I left Thailand in July 2008 and was not inclined to return to a Hornet's nest of lies disseminated by the "other side" in the case. You grasp my meaning, I'm sure.

Cheers

Art

Are you sure it's even available for download on the supreme court's website?

Unfortunately I'm not sure of that, no. But if someone can read the site - or if they just know in general terms - then maybe I can find out where / how to get hold of it... Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be available from their site.

Also, it'd be real helpful if you would post the site URL. You need help with reading the site, but then don't even bother including the site URL??

Also, since you did say that you won't have any problems getting what you're after translated. What about asking the people who are gonna translate it for you to help you with this???

Edited by Mole

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be available from their site.

Also, it'd be real helpful if you would post the site URL. You need help with reading the site, but then don't even bother including the site URL??

Also, since you did say that you won't have any problems getting what you're after translated. What about asking the people who are gonna translate it for you to help you with this???

Good point - it is http://www.supremecourt.or.th/webportal/supremecourt/index.php

Re the translating - I live near a University, and one of the students from the Thai society helped me last year by translating into Thai a document i wrote on water purification for people in flood areas. However people on TV help out with all sorts of issues, and for some reason I just felt happier asking here to get the document tracked down. I guess I also felt that someone in Thailand might be better placed than someone in the UK to get hold of it.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure these things won't be available on their site.

I also had a look and there's only general information about them on that site.

Doesn't matter where in the world one are, as long as one is able to open that site, then that person can help you as much as anyone in Thailand.

I don't think just anyone could just waltz in and ask them for information about some court ruling...

You know what, there's countless of other lawyers here in Thailand and even in UK. I suggest you contact proper professionals to help you out about these things. Even if you fell out with the ones you worked with here in Thailand, it's not like there's any shortage or other lawyers.

Look here:

http://www.deka2007.supremecourt.or.th/deka/web/search.jsp

Things become much easier if you've a verdict number and/or a date.

All information since 2463 should be in there.

There's even a manual on how to use the website: http://www.supremecourt.or.th/file/Techno/Manual/DEKA-Internet.pdf

Pretty impressive for a third world country ...

Edited by kriswillems