Heating ideas on the fly...

BawBae

I ran across this in the past hot season as I was researching terra cotta for cooling purposes:

What I have been doing this fine, fine cold season is using one of my 500W halogen work lamps in my closed-up bedroom, turned on for an hour before I turn in.

post-128023-0-78690800-1387547249_thumb.

• Like 1

We plug the iron in and both sit holding our hands around it....and on a different setting it doubled as a steam shower.

Its hot again today, and look at all those hats coats scarves that people bought....never to be seen again.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

• Like 1

Way back when I was a scout leader camping in the cold weather.

Some times in snow we would have the kids wear a toque and a clean pair of socks.

Most of the heat loss at night goes out the top of the head.

Also clean socks have no moisture in them and will help keep the feet warm.

• Like 1

Usually the flannel PJ's work. Too cold now. Sweatpants and a Hoodie. Always wear warm socks. Maybe pull out the old sleeping bag, but it doesn't fit two. The trick used to be take two sleeping bags and zip together. Good Times.

About sweatpants, sweatshirts or "sweats". It is an Americanism referring to the thick, 100 %cotton leggings and pullover shirts and hoodies commonly worn during athletic activities. On our East Coast they are often called "Champeens" (Champions being a brand name) Travon Martin was murdered in Sanford, FL whilst wearing a hoodie. Nobody in USA without a high level university education has ever heard of a "jumper". A jumper cable however is something one uses to start the battery of one's motorcar when it has lost it's charge. Jumpers are called "sweaters" in our country. During Christmas time we are compelled to wear ridiculous (Reindeer, Satan Claus ) examples of such, especially when hand knitted for us by female family members.

Edited by arunsakda