where to buy a 2nd hand mountain bike?

seesip

you can find pretty much anything used on :

chiangmai secondhand or chiangmai buy sell and swap both on facebook I believe.

so as you say to find an old bike shouldnt be a problem.

Edited by onthedarkside
unhelpful remark removed
  • Like 1

Back to the OP, you could also try the newsletter of the Chiang Mai Community Church. They have an electronic newsletter than comes out once a week with bikes, cars, sublets, jobs (wanted and available),toys etc. Usually good quality as people are disposing only because they have finished their posting or placement in Chiang Mai. Google the name and it comes up easy, you can also phone them.

Edited by onthedarkside
old quotes cleared out

Went to Chiangmai Mountian Biking and they said they don't sell used bikes. Called Chiang Mai Biking and they said they didn't either but I got the feeling it might have been the case of the person answering the phone not knowing or caring (or more likely both). What kind of bike did you buy for your lady? Just wondering if it's worth pursuing so any other details would also be appreciated, thanks.

• 10 months later...

Well the CM Community Church website had no sign of a 'newsletter' or subscription to one... do they sell to atheists and avowed bike-riding 'sinners' like me?

A new bike would likely be nicked in sixty seconds around here, but what other options, apart from OLX.co.th which would be the place to find a bargain, alas, true to form (and like it's Portugal site) is not very expat friendly to navigate. Google translate only works about one level deep with current technology.

I'm looking at the bike shop maps, thanks anyway to all previous contributors... if I learn something new, on my quest for non-motorised two wheeled transportation, I'll add it here.

Edited by dhream

you can find pretty much anything used on :

chiangmai secondhand or chiangmai buy sell and swap both on facebook I believe.

so as you say to find an old bike shouldnt be a problem.

You mean 'Secondhand Chiang Mai' FB does not return incorrect search result like google (yet)... I had to be tenacious to find it, but thanks for at least pointing us in the right direction. ;-)