Hi, just got Kawasaki ninja 300cc

I was told better for it is 95

And better for engine is ethanol free

here most places i see they sell gasohol, which is ethanol + petrol

any idea what stations sells ethanol free

or some premium petrol? 95

may b sell vpower 95 ?

thx

I also have a Kawasaki and run 95 octane gasoline it. You can get it at most ptt locations if you don't read thai it is the pump with the yellow sign on it (48 baht per liter)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think its gasohol what u mention

benzine + ethanol mix

im after ethanol free

Hi, just got Kawasaki ninja 300cc

I was told better for it is 95

And better for engine is ethanol free

here most places i see they sell gasohol, which is ethanol + petrol

any idea what stations sells ethanol free

or some premium petrol? 95

may b sell vpower 95 ?

thx

I also have a Kawasaki and run 95 octane gasoline it. You can get it at most ptt locations if you don't read thai it is the pump with the yellow sign on it (48 baht per liter)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I believe 100% benzine (gasoline) was phased out a few months ago. It's all gasohol of various percentages now.

Nonsense, it is not all gasohol. Esso on Suk. Rd have pure 95 benzine. (between Bkk/ Patt. hospital and Naklua.

Munger is correct, its still available at ESSO stations

down sukhumvit in direction of Bangkok past hospital to first traffic light, pass through them, 100 metres along at second traffic light and its on the left

its a big filling station, 95 is the last pump on the row of pumps, yellow sleeve

Edited by blackman

I believe 100% benzine (gasoline) was phased out a few months ago. It's all gasohol of various percentages now.

Nonsense, it is not all gasohol. Esso on Suk. Rd have pure 95 benzine. (between Bkk/ Patt. hospital and Naklua.

Munger is correct, its still available at ESSO stations

down sukhumvit in direction of Bangkok past hospital to first traffic light, pass through them, 100 metres along at second traffic light and its on the left

its a big filling station, 95 is the last pump on the row of pumps, yellow sleeve

Well that was what was reported in the press a few months ago. I can't seem to find 91 octane benzine anymore...only 91 gasohol. I guess 95 is still available.

Truth is 95 octane benzine has 5% of cut in it. You can no longer buy straight benzine . the closest you can come is to mix some premix. There were about 6 or 7 threads in the bike forum for the bikes that were inquiring about getting benzine. The posts have the RON designations & the gov. Mandates to have only somewhat whacked fuel. If you can find there are 1000's of bikes here , Bangkok & Chiang mai that would love to get straight benzine.

PTT has 95 octane benzine in the yellow pumps only. I know there are a 2 or 3 more companies that have the 95 benzine Shell is another one. You can usually tell it is 45-46 baht per liter. Short of going out to the tracks pure benzine not possible. It was phased out when they axed 91 octane. The 95 will be the one you want Mataleo

My 650 ER6n runs great on the yellow 95 octane. But if you really want to know the skinny search for benzine or 91 benzine 95 benzine in the bike forum. Over 100's of hours of posts with facts & Govn. charts. I even thought one could get pure unadulterated benzine but just not true.

• Like 1

I would think ethanol additive would reduce combustion temperatures. That should be OK. And I would think all the gaskets, seals, and O-rings on your new bike would be the new ethanol resistant compounds. I also think that ethanol added to benzine makes any little bit of water mix in, instead of laying in a low part of your gas tank. OK. What the heck. If you want to be lov'n your bike, put synthetic oil in it, after it is broken in, at frequent intervals. Lovely stuff. Long molecules instead of chemical thickening agents.

95 and 91 octane bensine is available. Orange and green labels are gasohol. Yellow is bensine. 95 gasohol (orange) is also available, I run gasohol but when I park the bike for a while I put bensine in it.

I usually go to PTT and it varies what they have but Caltex also has 95 bensine. I think all of them.

95 and 91 octane bensine is available. Orange and green labels are gasohol. Yellow is bensine. 95 gasohol (orange) is also available, I run gasohol but when I park the bike for a while I put bensine in it.

I usually go to PTT and it varies what they have but Caltex also has 95 bensine. I think all of them.

Where do I find 91 Benzine ?

91 Benzine was phased out early this year.

I know, but Gondsaliv reckon you can still get it hence I was asking where.

Agreed, if it is still available would be nice to know where. Useful for old motorcy's where the ethanol might eat the rubber parts.

Agreed, if it is still available would be nice to know where. Useful for old motorcy's where the ethanol might eat the rubber parts.

Will this urban-auto myth ever die...5-10% alcohol mix (i.e., gasohol 91 and 95) are perfectly safe for all engines, even 15-20 year old ones. E85 or B20, which have much higher alcohol content are not, except for modified engines or flex-fuel designed cars.

• Like 1

Will this urban-auto myth ever die...5-10% alcohol mix (i.e., gasohol 91 and 95) are perfectly safe for all engines, even 15-20 year old ones. E85 or B20, which have much higher alcohol content are not, except for modified engines or flex-fuel designed cars.

Cost me a lot of money for a new carb to be able to run my SR400 on Gasohol so your blanket statement is very much false.

It's not the engine itself which is the problem, as said that will run pretty well on E10.

Sometimes rubber parts and gaskets in the fuel line and carb of old vehicles are slowly eaten by the ethanol resulting in misoperation and, at worst, fuel leaks.

It's not the engine itself which is the problem, as said that will run pretty well on E10.

Sometimes rubber parts and gaskets in the fuel line and carb of old vehicles are slowly eaten by the ethanol resulting in misoperation and, at worst, fuel leaks.

This is true but is more a problem of having the old gaskets and fuel lines themselves and not from the relatively low alcohol content in ten-percent gasohol fuels. Old fuel lines and gaskets should be replaced refularly whatever fuel is being used. Rhe problems you describe can occur in non-modified or non-flex-fuel designed vehicles that use the higher alcohol content E20 and E85 fuels.