DSI seeks court action against Suthep and 37 followers

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I imagine that they are waiting for Thaksin to signal the most appropriate moment to go for his juggler.

I wasn't aware Thaksin had a juggler but given the fact he's the ringmaster and the PTP is a bit of a circus with a puppet and a few clowns, perhaps Mr Chalerm would be suitable for the position since he is soon to lose one of his heads?

post-9891-0-80633200-1387893845_thumb.jp

The most beautiful (and useful) Christmas present for Thailand would be to see Suthep locked up behind bars, where he belongs rolleyes.gif

Multiplying the charges against him and his followers is just the right thing to do, since they systematically disregard the law, commit crimes and treason, ... all this thinking that the majority supports them. I should say "dreaming".

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But you don't think that Thaksin and multiple red shirt leaders should be there, too? Who was busting the ASEAN summit some time ago? Who was taking hostages, occupuying hospitals and asking Thais to burn down Thailand, which to quite some degree was done, following his orders? Do you have issues with your memory or are you just so biased for the red shirts that you don't care?

Gerry, I guess you should start your own movement with Moonao, Ladphrao, Pisico and others that seem to be blind supporters of TS.

• Like 1

Of course he disagrees- he was the author and archtiect of the deregiulation that led to 2008. The Chicago School.

Totally discredited now. as with the recovery in the US, that dream boy of the Vienna school- Hayek!

And to bring it right back home- the quantitive easing was a success- and it was Keynesian- as was the new car scheme under Yingluck.

The new car scheme was a total failure, how can you say it was a success? It was all over the newspaper and in the recent interview of the chairman of the motor show Thailand 2013, he stated clearly that Yingluck scheme created false demand for car. There was an abrupt growing in car selling business that prompted factories to build more cars. Now there are so many cars that no one will buy. So much money turns into cars just sitting on the shelf.

QE was a success? in what? In promoting the American politicians to grow its national debt at more than its current rate of 1 million USD per minute (which is now more than the current rate of the world GDP)? Is that what you call a success? So successful, Obama care is gone.

The Chicago school has always been discredited by Keynesian lovers. I am not even American, and I realize the dread consequence of printing more and more money into the system. In the end, papers that what we get.

But you don't think that Thaksin and multiple red shirt leaders should be there, too? Who was busting the ASEAN summit some time ago? Who was taking hostages, occupuying hospitals and asking Thais to burn down Thailand, which to quite some degree was done, following his orders? Do you have issues with your memory or are you just so biased for the red shirts that you don't care?

Gerry, I guess you should start your own movement with Moonao, Ladphrao, Pisico and others that seem to be blind supporters of TS.

And may I also add kikoman, farang0009 and blaze.

Edited by txp158

We are, as you say, only farangs- but we have seen how these things play out. and for those of us who love your people- your instituions- we fear what history (Eastern as well as Western) predicts will come of this.

Due, I suppose to the way you were educated, you believe that somehow this is a new phenomenom -- please believe me- it is not new at all. And it always ends in tears.

but we have seen how these things play out.

I cannot agree more. We all (you included) have seen what happened since Thaksin started to dismantle the democratic system in Thailand in a way that it only bears the name of democracy any longer.

You think 'walkiing out now' has not occurrred to her? I doubt very much that she is hanging on to power out of ego. she has not been raised to be hated so much as she is now.

but she knows- and others know- that if she walks out now- departs the scened as you suggest- the result will be a civil war.

Her supporters will not lie back and accept that they are just dumb buffalo who deserved to be exploited by the Bangkok elites.

She is the one person keeping a cap on what could be an explosive situation. A coup? The army chiefs have acknowledged that a coup would invite civil war.

A fascist dictatorship? Even the whistle monkeys will turn against it- and with or without constituional protections- civil war.

Right now the buck stops with Yingluck- and letting the buck rage wild might not be a good idea.

Sadly you are...wrong. Everyone agrees if Thaksin is dead, it'll end. She's here for her own personal gain and not about stopping civil war. Anyone with half a brain without any conflict of interest knows that. This is not my view only, but it's also the view of those 5 mill people who want her out.

jesus died two thousand years ago- Marx two hundred years ago=- and their ideals live on. In the minds of many Thaksin';s promise won't be forgotten with his death.\(though I agree with you that it would be better for Thailand had he not offered the hope that even the poor can be treated as human).

And what is the reference to 'conflict of interest'? Do you think I am paid by -- UDD? Thaksin? Now that is hitting low my friend.

I believe you are better than that and understand that people don't have to be paid not to have your perceptions.

Blaze, if you really believe Thaksin was trying to do something good for the poor, the rural or anybody in Thailand except for himself, his family and his cronies you probably also think that Santa Clause is real. Why don't you take a close look at what Thaksin did and how this was only possible by him (i) being in power, (ii) making sure that he has the absolute majority in parliament (buying off the smaller parties) and then trying to change bit by bit the laws and the whole parliamentary system (last attempt by his sister, but it just failed).

What did he do? Look at him selling his Telecom business to Singapore, which reuqired him to change existing laws; giving a huge soft loan to the Generals in Myanmar so that they could by his staeliite services, etc., etc.

How much of your brain are you using when you look at the political situation in Thailand??it is for hos ego, ho??

I am definitely in favour of the poor and the rural people, I also think that Suthep is a mad nut and the democrats are useless. But I am not that stupid that I do not see why Thaksin did what he was/is doing. And for sure, it is only for his ego, his lust for power, his greed and so on. He does not care for the Thai people anymore than we do. Actually I think we care much more than he does. Otherwise he would step back and also instruct his puppets (including Tarit) to take a step back, because what they are doing right now is just pouring fuel into the flames.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that they have given him more than enough rope.

Suthep has gone through the denial stage, the anger stage.... now its time for the acceptance stage... behind bars.

in your dreams as in my dreams red thugs and Taksin ever spend time they should behind bars Watch and learn

They would not dare make a single arrest.

They know what it would lead to, and they don't want that do they?

Go on Tarit... I dare ya.

Just more wind and piss, totally worthless news article, they already have warrants issued and they are too scared to go and carry those out.

Don't ask me for proof.

Yes they are scared to bring out the iron boot.

You say you dare Tarit to bring it on.

You know full well that if Tarit 'brings it on' the gov't will be dissolved- either by military or judicial coup (use that 134 IQ you claim to have!)

and then the dogs of hell will be unleashed- Rightly or wrongly (who will care?)- the people who do support this government and (so far quietyly) oppose the fascists will come to fight.

Is that what you want?

An Eastern Sarajevo?

And you know- that nobody won SHIT in Bosnia!

Yingluck has offered time and again the olive branch- Suthep and his madmen have refused to grasp it.

They have stars in their eyes- blinded by hate and fantasies of utopian fairies that will usher Heaven on Earth.

Reason has left the room.

And your post is evidence of that.

You just reflected everything I was actually hinting at.

They go in and arrest everyone, then there will be another bunch right behind them to take up the reigns.

They have probably already discussed what the action will be and that it may be along the lines of 'no more peaceful protest'. Or possibly even total lock down of BKK But whatever their plan B course of action, they will certainly take it to a whole new level, and that will force a coup of some sort.

Tarit will become public enemy number one and i suspect he will have to flee the country for his own safety.

Tarit? you think when the shit hits the fan anybody will even remember his name?

What do you predict the response will be- locally as well as internationally- to a coup?

Top brass knows- and you don't- that's surprising. They are using reason. What are you using?

come on who cares about so called international community. I worked for UN and other bodies and they are a load of hot air balloons. What on earth did they do about Pol Pot or Idi amin or Uganda or recently Sudan Iraq and many more.

You need to get out of your ivory tower mate and go see real world. Thais don't give a shit about international community and Taksin definitely could not care less and has even said so.

Grow up please and smell the coffee.

Suthep has gone through the denial stage, the anger stage.... now its time for the acceptance stage... behind bars.

What a bullshit is this?? While I do not support Suthep, how about the actions of the Red Shirt leaders in 2010? Busting an ASEAN summit, taking hostages, escaping from the police via a rope out of a window, etc.? Are you one of the di.. heads that forget all about the red shirt action, but now shout for legal action? Moron.

Before you readily call for more on moron, perhaps you have forgotten a fundamental difference -the actions of the red shirts in 2010 was a fight for the democratic right to vote which Abhisit was continually putting off……… In the end they got the right to vote and won hands down

The violence now is to sabotage democracy in any way they can

Wow.

all this talk about reform is code for 'reform the system to eliminate the possibility that most of the Thai people will have a say in how they are goverened.'

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

(a previous post:)

What a bullshit is this?? While I do not support Suthep, how about the actions of the Red Shirt leaders in 2010? Busting an ASEAN summit, taking hostages, escaping from the police via a rope out of a window, etc.? Are you one of the di.. heads that forget all about the red shirt action, but now shout for legal action? Moron.

onto which Asiantravel wrote:

Before you readily call for more on moron, perhaps you have forgotten a fundamental difference -the actions of the red shirts in 2010 was a fight for the democratic right to vote which Abhisit was continually putting off……… In the end they got the right to vote and won hands down

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oops, where have you been in early 2010? Maybe travelling in Asia, but not in Bangkok. I recall the "fight of the red shirts for democratic rights" to include splashing Abhisits home with pig blood (from a market in Nontaburi...), calling the fellow red shirts to kill Abhisit, Suthep and other assorted people, who were not on their side, using guns and grenades against people outside the red road blocks, etc., etc. Basically they behaved like the Krating Daeng and Navaphon in 1976, which led to the killing of the students at Thammasat campus and other such killings... Maybe that is where and when the Red Shirt leaders got their first training, I would suspect.

Before and after the early summer of 2010 there was no difference in voting rights for anybody in Thailand. AFAIK all Thais got and get the exactly same right and scope to vote since 1932, with a few exceptions (e.g. electing the governor of Bangkok). The difference in oppinion is, that the people now demonstrating want elections to be fair and free of interference by local or provincial bigshots. Anything wrong with that?

Sam M.

• Like 1

Wow.

all this talk about reform is code for 'reform the system to eliminate the possibility that most of the Thai people will have a say in how they are goverened.'

You don't get it, do you? One of the major problems here is the fact that the government does exactly what you say is okay. To ignore those who did not vote for the ruling party. But that is not what good governance and democracy is about. It is not about the majority dominating and ignoring the minority. The government has the responsibility to work for all.

But by the way, do you really believe the Thai people have a say in how they are governed? They have a say in who they put in power and after that is done, TS and his cronies run and do what they want. Sure, they give the farmers the illusion that they care for them (30 Baht scheme, rice pledging, etc.) but they do NOT work on real reforms that would change their life in the long-term. They empty the coffers of the state and ruin the country in the process just to make sure that they get the majority vote. I fear that in the not too far future Thailand will run into a major economic disaster because of this, but hey, (PTP and guys like you) just blame the opposition.

Great democracy.

Edited by ineu
  • Like 1

You don't get it, do you? One of the major problems here is the fact that the government does exactly what you say is okay. To ignore those who did not vote for the ruling party. But that is not what good governance and democracy is about. It is not about the majority dominating and ignoring the minority. The government has the responsibility to work for all.

But by the way, do you really believe the Thai people have a say in how they are governed? They have a say in who they put in power and after that is done, TS and his cronies run and do what they want. Sure, they give the farmers the illusion that they care for them (30 Baht scheme, rice pledging, etc.) but they do NOT work on real reforms that would change the life for them in the long-term. They empty the coffers of the state and ruin the country in the process just to make sure that they get the majority vote. I fear that in the not too far future Thailand will run into a major economic disaster because of this, but hey, we (PTP and guys like you) then just blame it on the opposition.

Great democracy.

Without knowning your experience in other political systems, it's hard to figure out what you want to replace the current system with.

Certainly the tired and cliched accusations of 'tyranny of the majority' still holds in every majoritarian system.

The Thai people most certainly have a say in how they are governed.

But you are fright= as in every countyry in the world that understands the 'social contract', the Thais consent to be ruled by those they elected.

It is apparant that you do not come from a country with a functioning democracy (or you would know that all democracies are a kind of tyrrany of the majority circumscribed by the constitution).

may I ask what system you have experienced that ensures that every citizen gets what he wants? And s constiutionally guarded to ensure that the government does not make mistakes (possibly the rice pledging scheme- the amnesty bill) == I want to live in that country.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

I think she is just trying to hold on for 180 days at the command of Thaksin to do his amnesty, then he will let her step down and he will come and take over....

well- that says a lot about what you think.

But doesn't illuminate much else.

You want to know what I think? I think she will invade Poland within the next Klingon year.

Abhisit had every right to wait until elections were legally required at the end of 2011, more than 18 months after the protests started.

Sent from my phone ...

An arrest warrant for what?all the red PTP lovers on here are jumping up and down" "arrest this guy, he is attracting too many followers and telling the truth about the corrupt lthaksin sibling government STOP HIM" Its gotten too big boys and girls for Tarits mob to stop

Edited by kingalfred

You must be out of your mind to think they were doing it for democratic right. I saw children, women, and old people were held inside their camp with my own eyes. They were crying, begging the red shirt leader and guard to let them go home. Fighting for democracy by holding hostages against their will is a form of democratic right? This must be your typical demoncrazy!

They would not dare make a single arrest.

They know what it would lead to, and they don't want that do they?

Go on Tarit... I dare ya.

Just more wind and piss, totally worthless news article, they already have warrants issued and they are too scared to go and carry those out.

Don't ask me for proof.

When the Shin house of cards collapses, this guy had better run for cover, as he will be facing a list of charges longer than his arm relating to endless abuses of power.

He has single-handedly made the DSI a worthless institution, as it now seen my many as a puppet organisation of the fugitive in Dubai.

• Like 1

Wow.

But by the way, do you really believe the Thai people have a say in how they are governed? They have a say in who they put in power and after that is done, TS and his cronies run and do what they want. Sure, they give the farmers the illusion that they care for them (30 Baht scheme, rice pledging, etc.) but they do NOT work on real reforms that would change their life in the long-term. They empty the coffers of the state and ruin the country in the process just to make sure that they get the majority vote. I fear that in the not too far future Thailand will run into a major economic disaster because of this, but hey, (PTP and guys like you) just blame the opposition.

Great democracy.

“ To ignore those who did not vote for the ruling party. It is not about the majority dominating and ignoring the minority. The government has the responsibility to work for all.”

Oh yes you must be one of those people who believe in the phrase “ dictatorship by majority “giggle.gif

I wish someone would tell Obama that. I'm sure a lot of people in the Republican Party would love to get him out of office on that basis