What's the point?

itsrebel

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itsrebel,

I cant help sympathies with you, reading you own post is almost like reading my own script. I myself in late 30's have done the living in Thailand plus other countries hoping to find a reason that will make me content.

Unlike you I actually realize what I'm searching for and I feel your searching for the same thing although you might not realize it.

There is only one thing in life that matters mate and that's human bonds, having people care about you and you caring about people whether it be wife, children, friends they will give you the reason that we all need to live everything else means nothing!

Loneliness is the devil so break the mold that you have landed in and you'll find no need to be on this forum at Xmas.

Don't worry I'm working on it too!

Good luck

1st you need to become bonded with urself.....that can be difficult enough !

• Like 1

I agree with you I have travelled all over Thailand in the last 18 years and now I am bored of this country and all its problems so tomorrow I have my ticket back to farang land......I am very excited about leaving Thailand .

maybe after a few years back in farang land I might change my mind and return to Thailand..

once you are over the bar scene and its all borring I think its time to go back and thai people do not like us or want us here ....only want our money....bye bye Thailand.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why so many are coming on here bagging the guy. Surely most of you can see through his post and at least offer some constructive sympathy.

Helping people makes you feel really good inside...try it sometime.

Bitterness, sarcasm and cynisism is seen through the eye of the beholder......pity them.

To get fulfillment out of life you have to give it away. In other words, seek to be a blessing where ever you go, look out for the other guy, be the solution. When we look to make ourselves happy, content or entertained, it only lasts a short while. Then we are left seeking another fix. Being self focused is a sure path to feeling empty.

• Like 2

I think most of us including myself are speculating the meaning of this thread.

my personal opinion based on what he said is that he might be lonely because like I said it's my story over in almost every way.

Loneliness for a lot of people is a hard thing to admit to others especially if your a guy.

"Loneliness equal's boredom which equal's loneliness" you just got to make a conscious decision to break the mold!

The point is that you are ALIVE! ... and that is the only thing that really matters!

Think about that every morning you wake up and then make the best of the new day, you have been given. Because one day you will not wake up and then there is no point.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

Bottom line ? you make of life what you wish either get busy living or get busy dying....

I could not agree more, if you dislike Thailand go somewhere you like better, as the answer to your question is only within yourself to answer. I believe you are suffering from the excesses of your generation, where everything that others feel and need you do not,

I believe as Beetlejuice does there is no paradise in the hereafter, This is my one chance of living my life my way and when I am gone the only thing of value I will leave in this world are my children to carry on the values I instilled in them and the values they formed on their own..

Yes this poster states: you make you life what it is, you have the option of getting busy living or get busy dying.

I do wish you good luck on that journey!

Cheers

Some would argue (to tweak a phrase): *If you aren't depressed, you aren't paying attention.* Start with environmental degradation and climate change, go from there. I do (sort of) envy those who just turn it off. Like my ex said: "You cannot do anything about it... You think too much." She got that right.

Sounds like where you're at, that's a place you will not depart from anytime soon. Certainly, from the sound of things, Thailand ain't the answer. For starters, you likely need to be back around people with whom you can more relate.

And this will come off as trite, but you might try a serious exercise regimen. Really push it. Maybe join a good gym with a substantial percentage of Westerners. That way you better your body and can't hurt the brain, either. You'll boost endorphin levels and accomplish something tangible while you are figuring out that whole existential thing.

• Like 1

WHy don't you just jump off a building and end the pain and suffering?

Really stupid post mate, by the looks your not a kid why would you even think of writing something so senseless.

Have a good Xmas

Tom Aikins...

Are you asking this to other soul?.....or it is your soul asking this question to you and you are in denial...Keep for your self and ask for help.

Looks like you do need it...NOW!

Have a good Xmas.

Edited by umbanda

Wow, it's great here: No snow, Learn more about the Thai Culture, New Religion to read about,

Lots of friendly people, New sights to see, and all 50% off from the States......

If you get a chance, do something nice for the poor, sick or less fortunate, it will help you see that

there is so much in your life to be thankful for. Oh, You only have two parents, no one is perfect,

they might enjoy a call from you....you never know if you don't try.........Up 2 U.....

Itsrebel, you're not alone in feeling the way you do. I'd say that all of us have struggled with finding meaning and purpose in our lives. Some have compromised and settled for less than they deserve, some have given up and the rest of us have begun to believe our own lie that what we have in our present world is satisfying. The best advice I can offer you is to spend one hour out of your life and read the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament in the Bible and you will hear what the richest and wisest man who ever lived, King Solomon, had to say about the matter. You will be amazed at his conclusion, and it will be life changing for you as it was for me!

Hi Itsrebel,

I'm twice your age, but am also single. I very much relate to your comments.

What keeps me going are my books and my hobbies.

Likewise I don't have many friends, somehow I'm not very good with people.

Have long since realised that I'm better off by myself.

In fact I quite enjoy being a hermit. Love the peace and quite.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and my best wishes.

I'm with you there.

People are such an irritation. They take up far too much space, use too many resources and talk a load of bullshit.

Maybe we should get together and discuss it?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Hi

I am a great believer Life is what you make of it... If Thailand does not rock your boat, maybe it's not for you, we are all different and what makes you happy and smile and content, might not have the same effect on me..

Thailand suits me and the part that I live in, like yourself I have lived in various Countries, all have had positives and negatives, but now as mentioned it's Thailand for me, maybe in a few years if I get bored or whatever I will move on.

As mentioned "Life is what you make it"

All the best and have a Merry Christmas