Unauthorized Parking Attendants Busted at Pattaya Countdown Festival

Rimmer

Unauthorized Parking Attendants caught at the Pattaya Countdown Festival

taxi-4.jpg
PATTAYA:--In the early hours of Sunday Police arrested two motorbike taxi drivers accused of illegally collecting parking fees from motorists who parked on the overpass leading to the Bali Hai Port, a short distance away from the main stage at the Pattaya Countdown Festival.

Officers received complaints from motorists who claimed they were being charged 50 Baht each to park on the overpass, which they assumed was illegal. Officers arrived on-scene and saw two men directing vehicles into parking spaces. Khun Taweesak aged 38 and Khun Tong aged 39, both motorbike taxi drivers stationed nearby, were detained
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/113503/unauthorized-parking-attendants-caught-at-the-pattaya-countdown-festival/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-30

Good that the police caught them however I'm sure the fine will be a lot less then how much they had already scammed.

I also meant to say good on the folk that reported them too.

Edited by Gone

Most motor bike taxi groups are in deep with police and they scratch each others backs but when it all gets too blatant and the right people complain, then a stop is put to it - at least publicly.

Absolute rubbish.

Just look at the "Jet-Ski Scamming"

This is nothing to do with jet skis and was specific to unrelated bike taxi groups.

I figure it is just the "new spirit of volunteerism" that is sweeping the nation. Citizens everywhere rising up and saying "I want to help out. I want a piece of the action. Ask not what your country can take from you, but what you can take from your country!"