buying land and building in half thai/english childrens name

Clive

How could this be done as being a falang I would not be able to buy and build??

By purchasing the land in the name of your dual nationality child - they aren't only half Thai in legal terms they are full Thai and are accorded all the rights of a full Thai citizen, and can own land.

Buy the land with your money, but the name on the deed is your child. In order to sell the land both you and the child's Thai mother have to petition the court for approval. When the child reaches the age of majority (18 or 21, can't remember), they assume full ownership and control of the land.

We bought a house last year and have the deeds jointly in our two boys name - very simple to do and not appear to be an uncommon legal procedure, the clerks at the land office were clearly familiar with it.

By purchasing the land in the name of your dual nationality child - they aren't only half Thai in legal terms they are full Thai and are accorded all the rights of a full Thai citizen, and can own land.

Buy the land with your money, but the name on the deed is your child. In order to sell the land both you and the child's Thai mother have to petition the court for approval. When the child reaches the age of majority (18 or 21, can't remember), they assume full ownership and control of the land.

We bought a house last year and have the deeds jointly in our two boys name - very simple to do and not appear to be an uncommon legal procedure, the clerks at the land office were clearly familiar with it.

Age 20 I thought.

In order to sell the land both you and the child's Thai mother have to petition the court for approval.

Which I understand will seldom be approved .

• Like 1