Where Will You Be Watching England In June

agsnowdon

Hi

Mainly for you England fans.

I live in Mae taeng and rarely go out in CM but will be looking to watch the first 3 England matches in a bar or a good place to watch the games.

So ...

England vs Paraguay - 10 June, 8pm Thai Local Time - where will you be watching this game?

England vs Trinidad & Tobago - 15 June, 11pm Thai Local Time - where will you be watching this game?

England vs Sweden - 21 June, 2am Thai Local Time - Will there be anywhere open to watch this game? if so where will you be watching this game? Its my birthday this day so it should be a douboe celebration!

I have thought about the Queen Vic but am open to any ideas.

Cheers

Ash :o

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Where will you be watching England play in July???

Who knows.. I'm assuming England won't be playing anywhere near Germany come July.. :D

Nah seriously, as a lot of the games will be late at night, chances are that the later games I will watch at places like Cosy Corner or whatever that bar is called now. For the earlier games, Queen Vickie and Mad Dog are also options, as is just about any other bar or restaurant. This World Cup thingie will be a lot harder to avoid than to catch. :o

As for the Cloggies, I heard the Hollanda Montri guesthouse is planning something.. (The place on the river North of Nakorn Ping Bridge just before Mae La Pla Phao restautant. As they're a guesthouse, AND seriously away from the road and all I don't expect problems staying open very late there.

Italians? Some of the restos I guess? Segio's place in Moon Muang Soi 2 is no more, that was pretty fun 4 years ago.. :D

Germans... who knows. Anyone?

Cheers,

Chanchao

...snip

Italians? Some of the restos I guess? Segio's place in Moon Muang Soi 2 is no more, that was pretty fun 4 years ago.. :D

...snip

Cheers,

Chanchao

if "la polizia" don't arrest half of the team for fixing the games, before the world championship begins... :D:o

>

Cheers,

Chanchao

Sergio's new place is on the Mai Jo road, left hand side before you get to the Rimping junction. The seating is a bit limited but he has a big screen.

Trinidad and Tobago 5 - England 0 :o

> But I know that the CM Saloon has probably got the biggest

> TV in town, trouble is you can't get many people in there at

> the same time

At the Ratwithee Road branch you can. But isn't the place American run? Can't watch footie at an American place, it's just not done. (Well, other than American Football and the Super Bowl, obviously.)

(Even though of course the USA is very much in the world cup and may actually cause somewhat of a surprise even bigger than the last time around when they were *VERRRY* narrowly (and somewhat undeservedly) beaten by Germany in the second or third round. :o

Anyway, no offense of course but most Americans I've met are FAR too reasonable and level headed when it comes to sports. Like suppose team USA gets beaten fair and square. Then they actually say "Well, we got beaten fair and square." "the better team won, we'll have to try harder next time." I mean what fun is that. Compare this to Sergio who nearly turned himself inside out when the Koreans beat Italy, I actually thought he was going to have a stroke; now that was a moment! :D Sport is in a sad state in the USA.. they can't even bring themselves to riot and burn cars and fight with the police on a weekly basis. Sports stadiums are so good spirited family friendly places you'd think they were all run by Disney. :D When are they going to get with the program? :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hi

I live in Mae taeng and rarely go out in CM but will be looking to watch the first 3 England matches in a bar or a good place to watch the games.

So ...

England vs Paraguay - 10 June, 8pm Thai Local Time - where will you be watching this game?

England vs Trinidad & Tobago - 15 June, 11pm Thai Local Time - where will you be watching this game?

England vs Sweden - 21 June, 2am Thai Local Time - Will there be anywhere open to watch this game? if so where will you be watching this game? Its my birthday this day so it should be a douboe celebration!

Cheers

I'll be at the Outback - Batu Tharpae for all the games.

Mostly in the UK !

But I know that the CM Saloon has probably got the biggest TV in town, trouble is you can't get many people in there at the same time

You would need to get them toturn off the bloody Bon Jovi concerts first.

Ron is a businessman...If folk want to watch the World Cup then he will put it on. I have watched many England games there no problem

Yeah, CM Saloon would be ok. The fairly recent [...] Sports Bar down Loi Kroh has a big screen and TVs all round as does the Vic (same owner). It'll be hot then and the Vic also has the advantage of air-con.

> Where will you be watching England play in July???

Mad Dog are also options,

Not if Nick knows there's tennis, golf or motor racing on another channel.

Plus you'll need to ask him to turn on the volume

Hi

So ...

Cheers

I'll be at the Outback - Batu Tharpae for all the games.

Where is this place, please?

Sport is in a sad state in the USA.. they can't even bring themselves to riot and burn cars and fight with the police on a weekly basis. Sports stadiums are so good spirited family friendly places you'd think they were all run by Disney. :D When are they going to get with the program? :D

No wonder everyone hates us! :o

Sport is in a sad state in the USA.. they can't even bring themselves to riot and burn cars and fight with the police on a weekly basis.

Not every weekend but when we do it we do it very well. One example of many below. :o

"COLUMBUS, Ohio — Police fired tear gas and wooden pellets to break up rioting by college football fans who set fire to cars, threw bottles and burned furniture in the streets early Sunday in celebration of Ohio State University's victory over rival Michigan."

:o

Sorry Lads - Please let's get this back on topic before it turns into another political Bearpit or Bedlam type argument, replies get heated and I have to start handing out holidays to transgressors.

The subject is where to watch Brazil thrash all-comers and lift the cup.

Which bar or other establishment would be best?

Thanks

P

So do any Chiang Mai TV'rs want to get together for the first match?

I'd be up for that.

England vs Paraguay - 10 June, 8pm Thai Local Time

Anyone want to meet up?

shall we all bring rubber gumboots just in case it ends in tears!!? :o

:D

Sorry Lads - Please let's get this back on topic before it turns into another political Bearpit or Bedlam type argument, replies get heated and I have to start handing out holidays to transgressors.

The subject is where to watch Brazil thrash all-comers and lift the cup.

Which bar or other establishment would be best?

Thanks

P

:o:D

guys, johns place is ok,big screen.i remember watching the might leeds united there in fa cup last season v wigan.

well done watford btw

Whats your opinion on the best bar to watch england with the best TV "its gotta be big" :o

John's is alright when they don't serve gone-off beer and then charge you for it. I think I'll have a good look round town first, but perhaps the Vic if it's gonna be a warm one.

John's is alright when they don't serve gone-off beer and then charge you for it. I think I'll have a good look round town first, but perhaps the Vic if it's gonna be a warm one.

How big/many tvs are there in the vic I have only ever been in there once!

How big/many tvs are there in the vic I have only ever been in there once!

Like ya big TVs then :o They've got a fairly decent-sized, although not huge, plasma screen in the centre back of the bar over everybody's heads and perhaps two or three 21"ish TVs dotted around the bar area. In their other place down Loi Kroh, they've got a big screen and even more TVs. Atmosphere okish in the Loi Kroh place, but better in the Vic if it was really busy. if not so busy, perhaps the CM Saloon would be better for atmosphere.