Thailand fails to achieve rice export target

webfact

"or an average of $ 657 per tonne"

Yeah sure the world is lining up to buy Thai rotten and rat-infested rice at $ 657, when both India and Vietnam are selling prime-grade at below $ 500!!

The truth (goggle it Mr Surasak!) is probably closer to $ 300 in bartertrades, with the payment in worthless Chinese junk!!coffee1.gif

The good news Mr Surasak! I found just the right job for you. TAT is looking to recruit a new prognosismaker!

attachicon.gifDarts_in_a_dartboard.jpg

I read the other day that Australian Rice was $280 a tonne, import into Thailand as part of freetrade, and bobs ya uncle.

This website shows the global prices:

http://oryza.com/news/thailand-exports-59-million-tons-rice-january-%25E2%2580%2593-november-2013

Sorry I could have explained better, the Oz Rice farmer is getting A$280 so between that price and the 15,000bt Thai farmers price, there,s big money to be had in free trade,or is thai rice protected?

"or an average of $ 657 per tonne"

Yeah sure the world is lining up to buy Thai rotten and rat-infested rice at $ 657, when both India and Vietnam are selling prime-grade at below $ 500!!

The truth (goggle it Mr Surasak!) is probably closer to $ 300 in bartertrades, with the payment in worthless Chinese junk!!coffee1.gif

The good news Mr Surasak! I found just the right job for you. TAT is looking to recruit a new prognosismaker!

attachicon.gifDarts_in_a_dartboard.jpg

I read the other day that Australian Rice was $280 a tonne, import into Thailand as part of freetrade, and bobs ya uncle.

This website shows the global prices:

http://oryza.com/news/thailand-exports-59-million-tons-rice-january-%25E2%2580%2593-november-2013

Sorry I could have explained better, the Oz Rice farmer is getting A$280 so between that price and the 15,000bt Thai farmers price, there,s big money to be had in free trade,or is thai rice protected?

I wouldn't have a clue, but thought to some it might be useful. Interestingly, if you scroll down on that website, you will find an article on Thailand with stat's through 11 months. It is a global market and Thailand is a major player. The rice exporters aren't politicians.