Need members help & suggestions

moosa11

Hello everybody,.. and Happy New Year,.. i am new here,..and i am planing to go to Chiang Mai in April . i am looking for some information, and i hope i am in the proper section to get the answers on this lovely website:
- Which area/ location should I stay in Chiang Mai,i hear about Old city, Night Bazar, and City Center,but i really do not know where is the best to stay in. i am coming alone, and i prefer busy area like walking street area in south Pattaya road,or similar.
- i like clean, nice cheap budget hotel, apartment, or guesthouse,and love to get suggestions from everybody wish to help, i need contacts.
- I wounder if anybody have an idea about buses going from Chiang Mai to Pattay,. i need information about where can i get tickets,how much it cost me,and the schedule of the buses.
- Any eastern , Mideastern,Arab restaurants in Chiang Mai, where can i get them?
- If my questions not in the right section of this website,.. i need your kind help regarding where should i post these questions.

Thank you,..and hope you all the best.

Personal taste, but I like the Som Pet area and liked CM Apartments there-you should get a good price in April, but check out their website. They are in Soi 7 off Moon Muang-google maps!

No idea about buses to Pattaya except it is a helluva long way. One option is train from CM to BKK and bus from there.

Some middle eastern restaurants in Chang Klan Road near Shangri La Hotel (google maps!) but suggest you hit Tripadvisor. Some people suspicious of TA but I find it helpful so long as you employ healthy cynicism about biased posts. Also Jerusalem Falafel restaurant near Thapae Gate but OI only ate there once-terrible, bland meal so didnt return of course.

Whatever, you will enjoy your trip and have fun planning it too. You will get far more helpul advice I think from other TV members. Good luck

There is a bus service from chiang mai at night times. About 800 baht and takes about 10 hours. Suggest you google for companies and take off and arrival points. Once you get here just wander around and you will find a place to stay.

i still wait suggestion for 2star hotel, budget guesthouse or apartment for single traveller,.. i would to stay in night bazar as i recieve some suggestions,..but i hope to get some names, contacts of good hotel,guesthouse,or apartment in night bazar... thnx evrybody.suggestion

• 6 months later...

Budget hotels and guest-houses:

The Tapae Place hotel charges about 590 baht and the Chiang Mai Guest house rooms start from 200 baht up to 500 baht. Both are located right in the centre of town.

Links here:

http://www.tapaeplacehotel.com/

http://chiangmaiguesthouse.99k.org/

FYI about Tapae House Hotel. I checked in this morning and didn't take a look at the shower until tonight.

1. The shower head is perfectly located for someone about 5'2" or shorter and I'm not exaggerating. When I asked the front desk for a different room I was told every room has a similarly placed shower head. ???facepalm.gif

2. Hot water in the shower vacillating between cold and scalding.facepalm.gif

Those of you over 5'2" and desirous of a shower with a normal water temp have been forewarned. wai2.gif

• Like 1