History video: Yingluck Shinawatra Interview from Dec 2011

Lite Beer

It will probably come as no surprise to you that in fact there is other video in existence of other politicians making an equal fools of themselves, but it is this particular video that has been posted here. Can't you see the point I'm trying to make? It isn't about whether Yingluck is great or not, its about the balance of views - or apparent lack of them - on this forum. Yes, I could PM the OP, but that wouldn't change anything. I'm just trying to highlight an imbalance which for example highly respected media outlets such as the BBC would be taken to task for.

To correct your perceived imbalance, you could post a video of Yingluk being articulate (in any language you choose, with subtitles), giving intelligent responses to questions and well-reasoned arguments to support her ideas. Like precious jewels, their scarcity will make it even more valuable to forum members.

Good luck with that.

Don't be silly. We all know that's impossible. If another video were to be posted to level the playing field bias-wise it would be something like Suthep saying he doesn't respect foreigners. Both Yingluck's lack of English and Suthep's lack of respect for foreigners would both be pertinent to an English speaking forum. But you willfully ignore the imbalance of course because you are biased. That's okay, it is your right to be biased and good luck to you. But not to acknowledge the fact that it is not balanced to show one without the other is just a symptom of your bias, not a reflection of impartial reporting.

PS - There's no point in me posting another clip trying to correct the imbalance because god knows I'm not trying to persuade you or anyone else of any particular political leaning. It is for the OP, representing the forum, to correct the imbalance they themselves initiated. Better not to have posted it at all and kept the respect of those looking for impartial reportage.

Silly? I gave you the opportunity to correct the imbalance, and you say it is impossible, but we should show a video of somebody else being stupid.

This woman is the PM of Thailand, there is a public interest to show ANY material about her. That there is nothing complimentary available is not the fault of the forum, and reportage of other players mistakes can be shown in their own topics.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will probably come as no surprise to you that in fact there is other video in existence of other politicians making an equal fools of themselves, but it is this particular video that has been posted here. Can't you see the point I'm trying to make? It isn't about whether Yingluck is great or not, its about the balance of views - or apparent lack of them - on this forum. Yes, I could PM the OP, but that wouldn't change anything. I'm just trying to highlight an imbalance which for example highly respected media outlets such as the BBC would be taken to task for.

To correct your perceived imbalance, you could post a video of Yingluk being articulate (in any language you choose, with subtitles), giving intelligent responses to questions and well-reasoned arguments to support her ideas. Like precious jewels, their scarcity will make it even more valuable to forum members.

Good luck with that.

Don't be silly. We all know that's impossible. If another video were to be posted to level the playing field bias-wise it would be something like Suthep saying he doesn't respect foreigners. Both Yingluck's lack of English and Suthep's lack of respect for foreigners would both be pertinent to an English speaking forum. But you willfully ignore the imbalance of course because you are biased. That's okay, it is your right to be biased and good luck to you. But not to acknowledge the fact that it is not balanced to show one without the other is just a symptom of your bias, not a reflection of impartial reporting.

PS - There's no point in me posting another clip trying to correct the imbalance because god knows I'm not trying to persuade you or anyone else of any particular political leaning. It is for the OP, representing the forum, to correct the imbalance they themselves initiated. Better not to have posted it at all and kept the respect of those looking for impartial reportage.

Silly? I gave you the opportunity to correct the imbalance, and you say it is impossible, but we should show a video of somebody else being stupid.

This woman is the PM of Thailand, there is a public interest to show ANY material about her. That there is nothing complimentary available is not the fault of the forum, and reportage of other players mistakes can be shown in their own topics.

"and reportage of other players mistakes can be shown in their own topics."

But they aren't, are they? That's my point. Oh never mind. Carry on.

As someone else has advised, if it bothers you so much, why don't you stop squawking at us and contact the person who actually posted it?

Yes, I could PM the OP, but that wouldn't change anything.

LOL

Amazing when the simplest course of action to rectify a situation is not even attempted.

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

you willfully ignore the imbalance of course because you are biased. That's okay, it is your right to be biased and good luck to you. But not to acknowledge the fact that it is not balanced to show one without the other is just a symptom of your bias, not a reflection of impartial reporting.

By the same extension, you are showing your own bias by not recognizing there any number of other threads that reflect "the other side" (to coin a phrase) bias. Take for example, most of the OP's where KhaoSod is the source. Additonally, there are hundreds of posters that post articles, blogs, Facebook entries, youtube videos, and practically every other source under the sun that reflect a tremendous diversity of opinion in nearly every thread in news.

That's how the forum works. If you want to submit a sourced article, you are free to do so (within the confines of a very few exceptions like Bangkok Post).

Beyond that, as repeated, if you have an issue with particular OP's, then you should PM Admin.

• Like 1

you willfully ignore the imbalance of course because you are biased. That's okay, it is your right to be biased and good luck to you. But not to acknowledge the fact that it is not balanced to show one without the other is just a symptom of your bias, not a reflection of impartial reporting.

By the same extension, you are showing your own bias by not recognizing there any number of other threads that reflect "the other side" (to coin a phrase) bias. Take for example, most of the OP's where KhaoSod is the source. Additonally, there are hundreds of posters that post articles, blogs, Facebook entries, youtube videos, and practically every other source under the sun that reflect a tremendous diversity of opinion in nearly every thread in news.

That's how the forum works. If you want to submit a sourced article, you are free to do so (within the confines of a very few exceptions like Bangkok Post).

Beyond that, as repeated, if you have an issue with particular OP's, then you should PM Admin.

Completely missed the point again. The Khaosod articles are all current, and I do not represent this forum. Never mind. You are right of course! Carry on.