Thailand national park =)

dingo190

hi,

sorry if i this topic has already been up.

i am planning to going to thailand backpacking for 1 month. i been think of going Thailand national park for sight seeing.

i did some search but thai national park website is in thai and the english version did not ans my question.

Anyone has been to any national park or is there any of your friend from thai can help me with this ?

As what i know the accommodation at the national park need to be book early. As i am going to backpack i not sure when i will reach there or any of the park.

~Am i able to go down on the spot to book for any room?

~Is camping there with own tent need to be book and free?

as i email them but no news yet.

thanks, =)

Check out Doi Inthanon Nat'l Park. I remember some camp sites on top.

Also, Thailand has some jaw dropping caves.

Yeah that is one of the park i wanted to go..i also wanted to go Khao Sok National Park.

I just not sure if i am suppose to book a camp site or i can just go and camp there with out booking... ? =/

Quite a few do camping, Khao Yai, Kreng Kachan another, just be prepared to pay 10X the price as anyone else....shame but thats the way it is.

10x the price roughly how much ?

Guest house and banglow i know it will be ex... But Camping is not free?

This i what i saw :

http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/entrance_fee.asp?lg=2

34. Khao Sok National Park Surat Thani 200 100

http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/np_rate.asp?lg=2

Service charge for tent

rainbow.gifAt national park :

South : 1) Mu Ko Surin National Park, 2) Mu Ko Similan National Park and 3) Mu Ko Lanta National Park (Area : Rok Nok and Rok Nai Island)

No. List baht/night Remark 1 Tent 2 persons 300 2 persons tent or small dome tent 2 Tent 3 persons 450 3 persons tent or big dome tent 3 Tent 4 persons 600 Cabin tent 4 Tent 8 persons 1,200 Tent 8-10 persons 5 your own tent 80 80 baht/person/night (only use tent area) Remark : 1) Extra visitors will be charged 150 baht/person/night 2) The cost is include tent area cost already 3) It is cost of only tent (no bedding)

rainbow.gifAt other national park.

No. List baht/night Remark 1 Tent 2 persons 150 2 persons tent or small dome tent 2 Tent 3 persons 225 3 persons tent or big dome tent 3 Tent 4 persons 300 Cabin tent 4 Tent 8 persons 600 Tent 8-10 persons 5 your own tent 30 30 baht/person/night (only use tent area) Remark : 1) Extra visitors will be charged 75 baht/person/night 2) The cost is include tent area cost already 3) It is cost of only tent (no bedding)

flower1.gif Service charge for other accessory

No. List baht/hour baht/day Bedding 1 Sleeping bag - 30 2 The altar lies down - 20 3 Pillow - 10 Field accessory 4 Field lamp with oil - 30 5 Picnic table and 4 chair - 100 Bird watch accessory 6 Binoculars - 50 7 Bird guide book - 20 Traveling accessory 8 Mountain Bicycle 50 200 9 Kayak, Paddle and Life buoy 100 500 At Marine National Park 10 Kayak, Paddle and Life buoy 200 1,000 At National Park Snokking accessory 11 Mask and Snokel - 50 12 Life buoy - 30 13 Fin - 50 Remark : 1) In case of user make the damage. The user must responsible damages that happens 2) Service charge is baht/day if rent over 4 hours (For Mountain Bicycle and Kayak) 1 December 2007

Sorry if i am spamming ... =) but seeing may not be truth ..

i just worried that if i go down to the national park can got kick off the camping site cause i did not book then it will be disappointing ...

Yeah that is one of the park i wanted to go..i also wanted to go Khao Sok National Park.

I just not sure if i am suppose to book a camp site or i can just go and camp there with out booking... ? =/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/415976-camping-doi-inthanon/

dingo190, on 09 Jan 2014 - 22:11, said:

snapback.png

http://www.thaivisa....g-doi-inthanon/

thanks man, i did a pm to a guy hope to hear from him to see how it's goes ...

Having camped at numerous national parks, I for sure tell you that no prior booking is necessary for camping, especially if you carry your own tent and accessories. Camping ground fee is 30 Baht / person / night for pitching your own tent.

Don't know anything about the rooms, as I always felt camping in the parks here is wonderful.

There were instances we reached some parks in the middle of night (as late as three in the morning) and we still had no problems.

Edited by thinknirmal

Having camped at numerous national parks, I for sure tell you that no prior booking is necessary for camping, especially if you carry your own tent and accessories. Camping ground fee is 30 Baht / person / night for pitching your own tent.

Don't know anything about the rooms, as I always felt camping in the parks here is wonderful.

There were instances we reached some parks in the middle of night (as late as three in the morning) and we still had no problems.

ahhaha thanks, alot man just wanna spend some time out of city life to see the nature.. cause i only went to bangkok for fishing ....

=)

If possible try to avoid the national parks over the weekends as they are very crowded at that time. We were just up to Khao Yai NP last week for a few days camping and you might consider going there too. Nice camp sites and if you really want to get into the "jungle" you can hire a park ranger guide for the day. Once you pay the park entrance fee the camping fees, tent rental etc are pretty cheap and you will pay the same as Thais. Obviously if you have your own tent then you will only pay to camp. You wont need a reservation to camp but at some of the parks they have small cabins and these you must book in advance although I think some are available at Khao Yai without reservations. Good luck.

If possible try to avoid the national parks over the weekends as they are very crowded at that time. We were just up to Khao Yai NP last week for a few days camping and you might consider going there too. Nice camp sites and if you really want to get into the "jungle" you can hire a park ranger guide for the day. Once you pay the park entrance fee the camping fees, tent rental etc are pretty cheap and you will pay the same as Thais. Obviously if you have your own tent then you will only pay to camp. You wont need a reservation to camp but at some of the parks they have small cabins and these you must book in advance although I think some are available at Khao Yai without reservations. Good luck.

ahaha nice thanks, roughly how much is the entrance fee and the Ranger Etc?

i Planning to go for 1 month frm south to north for 1 month by using 60000 baht .. not sure that is enough ...

i Planning to go for 1 month frm south to north for 1 month by using 60000 baht .. not sure that is enough ...

As a falang you will probably be asked to pay the tourist price of up to B400 at most of the parks. I go with my (Thai) wife and almost always able to get in for the Thai price by showing them my Thai driver's license. Once you're in the park I think it's B40 per night to camp. I don't know how much the ranger's charge but I would think it would be inexpensive. I would also think a B60,000 for 1 month would be adequate. These pics were from our last visit to Khao Yai.

post-11958-0-81608000-1389407781_thumb.j

post-11958-0-10361500-1389407842_thumb.j

Edited by Spaniel

Good lord 2000 baht a day! You're rolling in it, the biggest problem will be how to secure the money I should think. Good luck with that aspect of the trip.

dingo190, on 11 Jan 2014 - 00:37, said:

snapback.png

Spaniel, on 10 Jan 2014 - 17:59, said:snapback.png

As a falang you will probably be asked to pay the tourist price of up to B400 at most of the parks. I go with my (Thai) wife and almost always able to get in for the Thai price by showing them my Thai driver's license. Once you're in the park I think it's B40 per night to camp. I don't know how much the ranger's charge but I would think it would be inexpensive. I would also think a B60,000 for 1 month would be adequate. These pics were from our last visit to Khao Yai.

hahaa thanks spaniel,

for sharing your trip... yeah i think u got the thai price cause of ur driving license..=)

Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park

Thung Salaeng Luang National Park

Doi Inthanon- chiang mai

Normally is park hard to get to by public transport?

I have a car so I never really gave much thought as to how others get to the parks. For Khao Yai if you first get to Pak Chang then you can easily arrange transport to the park. Doi Inthanon you will probably start in Chiang Mai where you can either rent a motorcycle or take a bus. But to answer your question, if you don't have your own vehicle, then getting to the parks will be a bit more difficult but certainly not impossible. On our last trip to Khao Yai I met a British photographer who visits the parks and he does it mostly by public transport. He has a nice website about national parks in Thailand and I think if you were to contact him he could give you some good info on how to get to the parks. Here is his website: www.thainationalparks.com If you can't reach him via his website him post again and I will PM you his e-mail address.

Good lord 2000 baht a day! You're rolling in it, the biggest problem will be how to secure the money I should think. Good luck with that aspect of the trip.

yea tgeezer,

think gonna spilt the amt some will leave in atm and bring some on self but i really need to take care of it well... maybe withdraw some in bangkok or chiang mai area......

tgeezer

I have a car so I never really gave much thought as to how others get to the parks. For Khao Yai if you first get to Pak Chang then you can easily arrange transport to the park. Doi Inthanon you will probably start in Chiang Mai where you can either rent a motorcycle or take a bus. But to answer your question, if you don't have your own vehicle, then getting to the parks will be a bit more difficult but certainly not impossible. On our last trip to Khao Yai I met a British photographer who visits the parks and he does it mostly by public transport. He has a nice website about national parks in Thailand and I think if you were to contact him he could give you some good info on how to get to the parks. Here is his website: www.thainationalparks.com If you can't reach him via his website him post again and I will PM you his e-mail address.

Spaniel, yeah seem his website, think he went quite a few national park in thailand .... ahaha never mind man you help me alot for giving so much info .. i will try google or wiki... i been thinking of renting a bike but i quite a number of people having problem when returning only.. make me think twice ... =) Btw thanks man ....

Buy one of these, and keep it under your clothes. Never leave any valuables in your bags.

Yermanee wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-109269-0-03620200-1389422017_thumb.

ahaha alright thanks for that tips, was thinking of getting my stuff lock in the bag .. this pouch seem like a good one... =)

Don't forget "Leech leggins" if you have them. They are available for rent if they have them in stock. They rent out quickly. Also need something to keep you off the ground or at least dry. And bug repellant too. If you wade in any streams you need to rinse off right after. Micro parasites in the water. Should be able to find all this info on the web. At Thai websites look for a Thai Flag in the upper right hand corner. Often you can click on it to get to English version. Have fun.

Don't forget "Leech leggins" if you have them. They are available for rent if they have them in stock. They rent out quickly. Also need something to keep you off the ground or at least dry. And bug repellant too. If you wade in any streams you need to rinse off right after. Micro parasites in the water. Should be able to find all this info on the web. At Thai websites look for a Thai Flag in the upper right hand corner. Often you can click on it to get to English version. Have fun.

There is leech over at the national park ? ahahaha Wanted to see 1 =)

Micro parasites sound dangerous ...

yeah i have look through their website ... not very detail been google-ing for some time ... as thai national park has so much thing and view to see.. i can't just go 1 .. ahahaah i need to get out of city life...

I think leeches depend on WHEN you visit a national park. They are a wet season species. In dry season its mainly chiggers, mites and ticks that are the problem.............

if you are going in the dry then here's somethings you may need to be aware of http://wildlifethailand.com/Forum/1-general-info-discussion/215-ticks-chiggers-and-mites-walking-season

I think your problem will be getting from the park entrance to the "heart" of the parks; in Khao Yai, Don Inthanon and Kaeng Krachan it is a considerable distance and I don't know if there is any public transport; there is nothing in Kaeng Krachan and it is about 15 km from the entry to the first camp site, a beautiful walk but I wouldn't fancy doing it carrying supplies and a tent! Also most of the roads in are uphill. I'm sure some one will give you a lift but you might have to wait. I've also heard that many of the bigger parks have recently started charging 400 THB entry for foreigners.This time of the year I don't think leeches will be a problem as everything is pretty dry at the moment. Bear in mind it is pretty cold at night right now. You should be able to get food in the restaurants in Khao Yai and Doi INthanon but you should definitely think f avoiding them all at weekends! Good luck

• Like 1

I think your problem will be getting from the park entrance to the "heart" of the parks; in Khao Yai, Don Inthanon and Kaeng Krachan it is a considerable distance and I don't know if there is any public transport; there is nothing in Kaeng Krachan and it is about 15 km from the entry to the first camp site, a beautiful walk but I wouldn't fancy doing it carrying supplies and a tent! Also most of the roads in are uphill. I'm sure some one will give you a lift but you might have to wait. I've also heard that many of the bigger parks have recently started charging 400 THB entry for foreigners.This time of the year I don't think leeches will be a problem as everything is pretty dry at the moment. Bear in mind it is pretty cold at night right now. You should be able to get food in the restaurants in Khao Yai and Doi INthanon but you should definitely think f avoiding them all at weekends! Good luck

yeah gerry, the price is increasing i even hear they charge foreign 500baht for the entrance fee. .. For Doi INthanon in chiang mai i thinking of renting a bike to see parts of chiang mai...but risk of scam is there.. national park is a must to visit ... i will spend my weekdays in national park ... so should be no problem...