Travel agencies in Yangon

tirak66

Next February I will be in Yangon with my Thai wife. We have planned quite a intense trip through the main attractions of the Country.. we have only 8 days and we would like to travel during the nights by bus, traveling from Yangon to Mandalay, then to Bagan and Inle Lake, finally back to Yangon...

Since during the day we have no time to waste we would like to book all the transports and the accomodations on the first day at the arrival in Yangon..

we don't need to buy guided trips packages as we are used to plan them by ourself

do you know some travel agencies in Yangon that could provide all the tickets and the accomodations for the whole trip according our selfmade program?

we have also considered to do it in BKK before leaving..as i remember i read somewhere there is an agency next to the Myanmar Embassy managed by burrmese people that can book hotels and transport at an honest price...

But I have not enough information to find it.. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

We are just coming back from Myanmar with my german husband. We booked everything via http://birma.com/
Like you, we didn't want a guide, the agency gave us only what we asked for (flights, hotels and car). Quality of service was pretty good and we were able to pay by credit card (to keep a track for the travel insurance). smile.png

Myanmar was amazing, people are so friendly but food is not as good as in Thailand...

Hey,

We are just coming back from Myanmar with my german husband. We booked everything via http://birma.com/

Like you, we didn't want a guide, the agency gave us only what we asked for (flights, hotels and car). Quality of service was pretty good and we were able to pay by credit card (to keep a track for the travel insurance). smile.png

Myanmar was amazing, people are so friendly but food is not as good as in Thailand...

Thank you KellyKa, I'm already in touch (and waiting for the final quotation) with another agency that I was suggested by a private message here. It seems very good too, but if the price will be too high may be i will ask to birma.com for a secpond option.

Thank you again !

For anyone else looking for a reliable established travel agency in Myanmar - I can recommend Myanmar2Go www.myanmar2go.com

Many years experience and helpful staff with excellent English.

On a side note, they also have an amazing book store in Yangon - well worth a visit!