Booking an appointment with VFS - how far in advance

Usually you can book up to a week ahead, but it may be that they have concerns about the situation in Bangkok from tomorrow, and maybe staff not being able to get in to their office,etc ?

Under normal circumstances, you wouldn't be able to book for the 20th until the 13th/14th anyway, unless they have extended the advance appointment periods.

Yeah this is a right headache. VFS are useless. The only appointments that were available when my wife booked were 13th and 14th jan/ Now shes stressing that she wont even be able to make it becasue of the protests. The crappy booking calensdar they have shows nothing for the rest of jan and you cant even view the apppointments past Feb.

As for the protests there is no information on VFs website at all regarding this. ALso there is not information to say if any more appointments will be made available and at one time. If you want to try to reschedule an appointment they dont even let you see what is available unless you cancel your previous appointment.

What a shit service.

Wife just got off the phone with them. they are open today and tomorrow. No appointment currently available except today and tomorrow. New appointments will become available next week but they wont say when or how many and are expecting it to be busy after the protests. guess my wife will take her chances tomorrow.,

Edited by everydaysthesame

Have also just spoken to VFS, the situation is far from clear! Initially they said that it maybe that all appointments are booked for the next few days and weeks, which I do not believe, then they said it is possible that they are blocking new appointments due to the situation in Bangkok, and that I need to check availability on a daily basis and new appointments will be released once they see what happens in Bangkok. It seems that VFS staff are unsure as to what is going on with their own website and booking schedule.

This whole visa application is turning into a headache, my wife is beginning to wonder whether to just stay here and try again next year, to quote her 'get bored'!