Police Officers lined up on Changklan Rd

Celcius

I have noticed driving along Changklan Rd (South of the Night Bazaar) there are often some police officers stationed there every 100m or so. I don't think this has to do with the protests because I see them there one or twice a week every week (maybe there are there every night, not sure) Does anyone know what they are doing there? Or why they are there?

Quite often visiting VIPs stay at the Rattilanna hotel that is at the far end of Changklan Road (Or at the corner before the road follows the Ping River) As a result the police man the road as a sign of respect.

There is a very rich arab shiek who frequents the place so maybe he's back in town.

Quite often visiting VIPs stay at the Rattilanna hotel that is at the far end of Changklan Road (Or at the corner before the road follows the Ping River) As a result the police man the road as a sign of respect.

There is a very rich arab shiek who frequents the place so maybe he's back in town.

Thaksin sneaking back in again is he?

The cheeky bugger!

:P

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ah, yes that makes sense. The Shangrila is around there as well, so I think you're spot on.

You mean, to make sure no-one stops or parks.

• Like 2

Spoke to one of the roadside policemen on Sunday night and he told me that 2 of the Princesses were visiting CM and staying at Le Meridan Hotel for a few days....didn't speculate.

Sure enough a couple of minutes later their travel - cade drove past..gave them a wave but they didn't stop to say hello.

Asked the policeman why not?.. and he just laughed..said maybe next time..nice guy...

Then I went for a beer.

Edited by Rinrada

Its a regular occurence to see police standing, at every soi, down the length of Hang Dong Road when a VIP is coming into, or leaving town.Not sure what purpose it serves

"what purpose it serves"

They certainly over-ride the traffic-lights at junctions, and stop cars from parking along the road-side, when a poo-yai (Royal or governmental) is scheduled to pass through, as a standard part of their security-duties.

Road-side bombs do occur down-South, so perhaps these security-measures are wise, or perhaps it just shows respect for important people ?

Its a regular occurence to see police standing, at every soi, down the length of Hang Dong Road when a VIP is coming into, or leaving town.Not sure what purpose it serves

"what purpose it serves"

They certainly over-ride the traffic-lights at junctions, and stop cars from parking along the road-side, when a poo-yai (Royal or governmental) is scheduled to pass through, as a standard part of their security-duties.

Road-side bombs do occur down-South, so perhaps these security-measures are wise, or perhaps it just shows respect for important people ?

Sorry we travel this road every day.They don't over-ride traffic lights,there are actually very few (4) along the whole length, they don't stop people parking,some cars are parked 24/7, they just stand on corners looking very relaxed.

I don't have a problem with it just reporting what factually happens over the 5 years we have lived here. As for fear,and dealing with, road side bombs........ are you serious ?