46 embassies and consulates issue travel warnings for Bangkok

webfact

They seriously consider things may get very nasty. Hearing the latest plans from Suthep, they have all the reason to think so. Very sad indeed.

Even sadder that the government have behaved in such a way, to warrant what is happening!

Agree, I think that it is disgusting that the (elite) Shinawatra leeches are still clutching on to power whilst Thailand self destructs.

All it takes is a couple of simple words and it would all drop back into normality.

I RESIGN.

• Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot understand how one nutcase can cause all this mayhem that need to arrest him for his outstanding murder charge and lock him up. This is going to put Thailand back years people will get sick and tired of all the hassle remember the last time when the airport was shut down it took days to get travellers back home no government in the western world would allow a man like Suthep to do what he is doing the guy is just plain crazy and at the end of the day nothing will be achieved, there is no consideration for those in Bangkok forced to close there business down for a week or so and at the end of the day when people do not have the money to make up for loss revenue Suthep will go home where no doubt he has million stashed under his bed.

Which nutcase are you talking about? If you hadn't later mentioned his name, one could be forgiven for thinking it was the other one!

...bombing the oppositions' homes...and putting a price on their heads on one hand.....

...then fabricating threats on themselves on the other hand.....sociopaths are great storytellers........

...all the while screwing the whole country......flagrantly......corruption is one thing....but holding a whole nation hostage to fulfill someone's whims...

...to the tune of several trillion baht by some accounts.....while.the farmers....some that have not been paid 1 baht in almost 1 year.......

....this is really out of control........and what next.......if they stop at nothing to hold on to power.....scary......

• Like 2

None of this would be necessary if the elites in Bangkok weren't such bad losers and poor sports. Elections have consequences. The anti-government protesters need to respect the votes of the winning majority.

A very simple look at things indeed smile.png

Imagine you and 2 other guys had a vote on whether to steal your money and/or kill you, they voted for and you against. Would you then consider yourself a "poor sport" if you did not agree to that? biggrin.png

The government is literally trying to kill the country financially, backed by a majority who know nothing whatsoever about economics, and do not care either. Fortunately a minority does understand economics and other related issues, and are currently trying to stop it. You call them poor sports, but I bet people in Greece (the birthplace of democracy) wish someone had done something similar in Greece over the past 30-40 years.

Simple but real monkey. That's how democracy works. You don't want people you consider stupid to be allowed to vote, but that's how it is. The majority wins.

None of this would be necessary if the elites in Bangkok weren't such bad losers and poor sports. Elections have consequences. The anti-government protesters need to respect the votes of the winning majority.

Imagine you and 2 other guys had a vote on whether to steal your money and/or kill you, they voted for and you against. Would you then consider yourself a "poor sport" if you did not agree to that? biggrin.png

The government is literally trying to kill the country financially, backed by a majority who know nothing whatsoever about economics, and do not care either. Fortunately a minority does understand economics and other related issues, and are currently trying to stop it. You call them poor sports, but I bet people in Greece (the birthplace of democracy) wish someone had done something similar in Greece over the past 30-40 years.

On what do you base your arrogant comment? Something your wife told you?

They seriously consider things may get very nasty. Hearing the latest plans from Suthep, they have all the reason to think so. Very sad indeed.

Even sadder that the government have behaved in such a way, to warrant what is happening!

Agree, I think that it is disgusting that the (elite) Shinawatra leeches are still clutching on to power whilst Thailand self destructs.

All it takes is a couple of simple words and it would all drop back into normality.

I RESIGN.

OK give Suthep a call.

I think the Greek embassy is reading Thai Visa Forum.

I accused them before for doing nothing constructive to help their citizens.

Congratulations......better late than never!clap2.gif

Greece assuming presidency of the EU on 01 Jan 14 likely had something to do with it.

Like there isn't enoughhit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

• Like 2

Have to come into Bangkok on Saturday. I am thinking of van to mor chit and then BTS to Ploenchit and then to paragon.

I know paragon will be a zoo but have to pick up some stuff there.

What should i watch out for

'What should i watch out for' - Idiots with whistles, clubs, knives or guns, of any color shirt.

whistling.gif

What do you want? Bloodshed in the streets again? The govenment has been very easy on them letting them demonstrate (peacefully) at times. But dont worry my friend you might not have to wait too long if suthep has his way. There will be a river of blood running in Bangkok.

I paid 48K for the new school term but my daughter has hardly attended because the gov insists that the schools close. Exams are coming up without the students getting the knowledge to do the tests. Yet more unintended consequences, I suppose.

Suthep on Ekamai Road (where I live) today collecting money from the dummies. I asked one supporting bystander who spoke English how it was going to end and the consequences of the protests and she had no clue whatsoever - a bunch of children pretending to be adults. I asked one of the motorcycle supports how much he got paid, and he denied being paid at all, despite revealing that he comes from Songkla.

• Like 1

Following the news on daily basis, but for now i don't see any reason, why we should cancel our planned trip to Bangkok in March after staying on Samui.

Sounds to me like tourists are pretty safe in Bangkok as long as they just listen to the advices given.

Off course things could change, but we hope the Thais solve their problems peacefully without any more getting wounded/killed.

What do you want? Bloodshed in the streets again? The govenment has been very easy on them letting them demonstrate (peacefully) at times. But dont worry my friend you might not have to wait too long if suthep has his way. There will be a river of blood running in Bangkok.

Ask the Shinawatra's, only elected because of the corruption and buying of votes nothing to do with democracy, a lot of people are feed up with this and taking action.

All they want is rid of the corrupt Shinawatra's and changes to elections to make them truly democratic.

Ask the Shinawatra's, only elected because of the corruption and buying of votes nothing to do with democracy, a lot of people are feed up with this and taking action.

All they want is rid of the corrupt Shinawatra's and changes to elections to make them truly democratic.

What changes will make the elections truly democratic?

• Like 1

Lets presume the protesters are successful and the government resigns. What the hell does Suthep think the red shirts will do? Whose running the assylum?

The tanks have to roll for Suthep to be successful. It is the only way he can prevent elections in the long term.

• Like 1

In addition to the travel advisory from Japan the Japanese Chamber of Commerce in Bangkok has issued a letter signed by officials of 1,500 Japanese companies in Thailand warning about withdrawal and lack of future investment if protests and political upheaval persists.

The Ministry of Tourism, TAT et al might shrug off travel advisories but threats of companies pulling out and potential loss of investment is much harder to ignore.

Not just the Japanese, do not forget the Americans and other countries who have factories in Thailand, holding back on future investment or pulling out of Thailand is going to hurt, and the people it is going to hurt the most are the corrupt members of Thai government and society who receive big backhanders.

Funny (or not so) how those big multi-international tax dodging companies can get round their policies on ethics.

• Like 1

sorry my dear the problem here is that in a true democracy even the majority has to listen to minorities and try to find compromises for bringing as much poeple as possible on the same trian....but never saw something like that from the actual governemnet

Sad yes, but the blame can & should all be placed at the feet of the squared faced man and his cahoots...

And it was all predictable months ago.

Edited by johnlandy

Simple but real monkey. That's how democracy works. You don't want people you consider stupid to be allowed to vote, but that's how it is. The majority wins.

Or even a large minority wins, and then just looks after it's own interests until removed.

Even sadder than that is, No they have not but you think they have.

Is it from keeping your eyes closed or just a failure to see the real picture?

Even sadder than that is, No they have not but you think they have.

Is it from keeping your eyes closed or just a failure to see the real picture?

It is sad to see an elected government be overturned by the military. That is how this will end up. You can tell people you read it here.

If only they would abandon democracy and let the unelected take charge, everything would be fine.

Oh the sarcasm! So what is it you stand democracy or corruption or both?

If only they would abandon democracy and let the unelected take charge, everything would be fine.

Oh the sarcasm! So what is it you stand democracy or corruption or both?

Do you think democratic governments are not corrupt? Since when?

I think it is you who wants blood on the streets.

The govenment has been very easy on them letting them demonstrate (peacefully) at times

It has been nothing but peaceful, The only real violence being perpetrated towards the demonstraters, The government is more afraid to intervene because it would bring out the army. Even if that is what Sutep also wants he too may have to wait a long time. For now the Army is happy to wait and see!

You believe a "Suthep" government will behave any differently - all politicians of any party, in any country, think in three priority orders

1) Their own self interest

2) The self interest of their own supporters

3) there is no number 3 and that is part of the problem

Tourism and foreign investment are both more important to Thailand than which corrupt politicians are in power - the people participating in protests on either side are working against these interests and against the interests of most ordinary Thai citizens who want to go about their daily lives. You can protest and demonstrate without causing disruption - it just takes longer to achieve anything.