Getting Thai Drivers license in Surin

DaleSanthi

Went to kap choeng immigration took Thai partner with her house book told them I want get drivers license gave them document Thai partner I'd card they said didn't need house certificate??? So they copied all docs I signed my partner signed and the immigration boss signed funny he lives near partner house so not sure that is why I didn't need them you look house book or because I had 2 children with me?? But in and out 15 minutes that was in morning so hope the docs are good they have passport photos attached also,so now I have to get Med certificate do you know if I can do that at any province near surin hope to get license Monday morning reply with any info I may need

Here's my update for getting my Thai drivers license in Surin, went to Kap Choeng immigration my Thai gf didn't even have to show house document, not sure because we had our 2 children with us all done in about 20 minutes Max, then went to Ruam Phet hospital surin showed passport told me to sit down 10 minutes later was my medical certificate without even seeing doctor, Now land transport department went 2nd floor gave them all docs waited 5 minutes done reaction test sat down another 10 minutes called me up took photo then gave me my Thai drivers license no answering any questions very easy n smooth, only thing was out didn't do my motorcycle license because it was 2 day course so I opted for just car at moment, I am not sure everything went quick and smooth because I had my children and gf with me but very easy, thanks all for information and if you want ask any questions feel free to do...

Here's my update for getting my Thai drivers license in Surin, went to Kap Choeng immigration my Thai gf didn't even have to show house document, not sure because we had our 2 children with us all done in about 20 minutes Max, then went to Ruam Phet hospital surin showed passport told me to sit down 10 minutes later was my medical certificate without even seeing doctor, Now land transport department went 2nd floor gave them all docs waited 5 minutes done reaction test sat down another 10 minutes called me up took photo then gave me my Thai drivers license no answering any questions very easy n smooth, only thing was out didn't do my motorcycle license because it was 2 day course so I opted for just car at moment, I am not sure everything went quick and smooth because I had my children and gf with me but very easy, thanks all for information and if you want ask any questions feel free to do...

Great things worked out for you. What was the cost of your medical ?

• 4 weeks later...

Great things worked out for you. What was the cost of your medical ?

Cost of Medical was 50 Baht, All I did was sit in waiting room for them to fill out forms no checking me at all, not even a stethoscope on the ticker or lungs, That was preety good and getting my License was as easy as 1 2 3, No sitting for video just a reaction test and colour test all done that cost for memory about 150 baht , So all worked out good for me except for my Thai motorcycle license they wanted me to do a 2 day test, yes 2 days that meant sitting in room doing the full monty I guess, and as I was heading to Bangkok the next day after my license was issued I didn't worry, next time I will do that... Thanks for all info from everyone

• 3 years later...

Hey Folks,

Just checking if anything has changed recently? We're living in BKK but down in Surin for the Christmas. I was thinking if I can get a COR then I could try get a license while I'm here. Does the COR have to correspond to where you apply for the license? I can try get a COR from the housebook here in Surin but is there any chance they will see that I state BKK when I fly in/out?

Thanks,

Peter.

Replying to myself...one more thing, I saw elsewhere that a work permit may work in lieu of a COR. In that case
a) Is that true
B) Will that work in Surin if the Work Permit states BKK

Cheers,
Peter.

I think you need to ask in that specific office. I’m sure you understand things change here depending on the office/Officer/time of day/ lottery numbers etc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 31/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, DILLIGAD said:

I think you need to ask in that specific office. I’m sure you understand things change here depending on the office/Officer/time of day/ lottery numbers etc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, quick update. Work Permit was fine, no issues but because my Irish license expires in a month they would not give a temporary Thai license :saai:

Will try in Bangkok next week and I guess the worst case is I will have to do Theory and Practical tests in addition to the usual depth/vision tests. Both of which seem to be relatively easy.

• Like 1