TB testing for Children under 11 ?

Hi all , Looking at the UKBA website it appears they expect my wife and step daughter to travel to Bangkok for TB test for my wife and an interview for the step daughter who is 4 years old .

can anyone confirm that my stepdaughter has to do this ?

The cost of the air fair and the hassle / time off school etc is the problem and especially at the moment with all the trouble in Bangkok .I don't really want my wife doing the overnight bus run as we also have a newborn UK/THAI baby that will have to travel with her .

So flying looks the safest option.
Has Anyone got any advice about where the hospitals are and how safe it is in that locality at the moment ?

Thanks

Hi matsky13,

I recently went through this and I even rang the UKBA on two separate occasions for confirmation. They both have to go to the clinic in Bangkok. Your wife needs the X-ray and the child needs to assessed, should the doctor decide, that he/she is not happy with the child, then they will either decide that the child needs an X-ray or sputum test. However I wouldn't worry about it as my Wife's child had a really bad cough and he still go the ok without further testing.

It's a pain having to get them both to Bangkok but it is a requirement.

On another note. The child does not need to attend the Visa application appointment but you still need to book a separate app appointment for her with your wife doing her submission.

Mandlebrot

Thanks Mandlebrot, ,Its nice to have confirmation they definitely need to both go to the clinic . And a nice reminder that the child doesn't need to attend the Visa application center even though we do have to book an appointment at the time of application . ( I realized this on the Visitor visa last year we took her but they never even looked over the counter at her .But if you hadn't mentioned it i would have sent her down to Bangkok again ).

Any body got any views on how dangerouse it is in the Area of the clinic / hospitals they will have to visit for the TB test during the current troubles ? It seem to be getting more frightening every day ?

Any body got any views on how dangerouse it is in the Area of the clinic / hospitals they will have to visit for the TB test during the current troubles ? It seem to be getting more frightening every day ?

Nobody can really give you an answer on this, I think the clinics are in the Silom area, and whilst there have been some marches in the area, they are just noisy.

The problems seem to have been in the actual vicinity of the demos camps but also an actual march, but it's a fluid situation and could go either way.

More up to date information in the news section.

• Like 1

Thanks O G . The danger is one thing , statistically probably its more likely we will win the lottery , but still worrying when its my family and I am on the other side of the globe . But the other problem is will they be able to physicaly get there . The Clinic etc will be able to advise her when she makes the appointment .

I am very annoyed with myself as at Xmas we where all in close to Bangkok and some forward planning we could have changed our plans a little and possibly got this sorted then . But I have had too much other stuff on my mind and I was concentrating on hitting the financial requirements .And I was thinking at that time we would not be applying before April .I have Just got to put my best foot forward and get on with it all now

I will update this post when we have it sorted .

Thanks to all who responded to my post .My wife while i was worrying about taking the night bus was making plans to get on the night bus and is now on her way home on the night bus from Bangkok. She took the test today and had interview with my daughter they had completed everything by about lunchtime . She had to take another member of the family to take care of the baby while they tested my wife (that was a request from the appointment line ) .

They told her she passed not sure if she has cert or not .

Makes me think she could have got away with doing it the same day as the Visa application at VFS .

No problems with Protests etc !