Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents

WinnieTheKhwai

Well, it's here. The BBC series about somewhat dysfunctional kids going on a party holiday to Thailand (cue: ALL the stereotypes), but then unbeknownst to them, their parents follow them to Thailand too to spy on them, get shocked, etc.

There's really nothing new in it, though they ARE basically hour-long advertisements for 'that kind' of travel to Thailand; you know the kind of 'awkward lads having a bit of a laugh'.

Harmless fun. Anyone seen it? We're two episodes in.

post-64232-0-83941900-1390486552_thumb.j

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

following young folk, really nothing exciting...

They should follow these fourth age foreigner in pattaya, with their young ladyboy, dancing in walking street, or in a romantic diner.

Priceless if they brodacast it on foreign television.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

following young folk, really nothing exciting...

They should follow these fourth age foreigner in pattaya, with their young ladyboy, dancing in walking street, or in a romantic diner.

Priceless if they brodacast it on foreign television.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ah yes, the romantic dinner where each side is speaking in worse than pigeon English and using bad sign language to communicate. Or the one where the bloke speaks in the thickest regional accent, and the other side of the table nods uncomprehendingly. 5555

WinnieTheKhwai, on 23 Jan 2014 - 16:51, said:

...it would be WAY better if they took 40-something married guys, and then let their wives spy on them. That could be good. wink.png

I only have to mention the word Pattaya and my wife falls into some weird trance until I offer some words of comfort and reassurance. If she suddenly became relaxed about it, I'd immediately be suspicious.

• Like 1

^ Then you're doing it wrong. ;) It may be too late now, but when I go to Pattaya with my wife (several trips now) I make sure we completely don't even see nightlife that's different from what you get anywhere else. To this day she believes other 'mia Farang' (wives of Western guys) are grossly exaggerating when they talk about the place. ;) That means not setting foor in Walking Street, opting for Third Road to go South instead of Beach Road every time, getting a complete tourist hotel in North Pattaya or Wong Amart or Jomtien, etc.

• Like 1

Probably lucky they didn't have programmes like this when I was growing up..................whistling.gif

I would love to see some of the edit room clipping from series like this. Probably a better gauge to how a person is than the PC cr@p they air.

IMHO...............wink.png

^ Then you're doing it wrong. wink.png It may be too late now, but when I go to Pattaya with my wife (several trips now) I make sure we completely don't even see nightlife that's different from what you get anywhere else. To this day she believes other 'mia Farang' (wives of Western guys) are grossly exaggerating when they talk about the place. wink.png That means not setting foor in Walking Street, opting for Third Road to go South instead of Beach Road every time, getting a complete tourist hotel in North Pattaya or Wong Amart or Jomtien, etc.

Of course that's only true for those few of us whose partners aren't already quite familiar with the area. . .

• Like 1

" Moms tend to love their sons no matter what, sometimes a little sickeningly so."

Yes that guy in the second episode 20 years old and his mother spoke to her son like she did ,and how he spoke back as if he was 3 years old ,i would die of shame if my mates saw that.

Should be entitled "Mother in Law from Hell"

Any girl who saw this and thought of having a relationship with these wimps would be put off seeing what she would have to contend with from the MIL! Pretty tame stuff really but these horrendous women who cannot let their sons grow up and think it is fun to spy on them! How on earth could they let themselves be filmed - they must have realised their (s)mothers would see this at some stage? I would have been furious if I found my mother spying on me like this. Triva TV at its best/worst!