Cultural Departments closed down by protesters: Bangkok

webfact

My God!!!!! They're closing Nana Plaza!!!! Bring in the Army!!! Now!!!!!

Whoa, now I've read the article, my heart palpitations have stopped. Please don't post headlines like that again without a health warning.

Edited by Mudcrab

Now, what the hell does these agencies have to do with reform or having this government resign. It's intimation of the government employees and threats of bodily harm if they don't leave. These are acts of a mob or better yet thugs. They are all cowards unless they are in a large group and high on drugs.

You made me laugh with this one smile.png

I invite you to head down to your nearest convenient protest site and do a survey of (say) little old ladies to determine what percentage are thugs and/or smoking crack.

Instead just ask them how much they get paid.

Now, what the hell does these agencies have to do with reform or having this government resign. It's intimation of the government employees and threats of bodily harm if they don't leave. These are acts of a mob or better yet thugs. They are all cowards unless they are in a large group and high on drugs.

I invite you to head down to your nearest convenient protest site and do a survey of (say) little old ladies to determine what percentage are thugs and/or smoking crack.

he always posts utter rubbish....high on drugs any proof nope....not a sausage..just trolling..coffee1.gif

These are the same students that have gang fights ith other universities and colleges in and around bangkok. And you dont think they or some are NOT on drugs?????????? Where have you been?

First only one religion is considered to be okay and now inrows in cultural institutionsbah.gif

Getting more and more like the dark age in the 1930s Europe!!

Would like to hear the followers of the Dear Leader to come out and defend this nonsense!!

The forum is yours.coffee1.gif

Oh and while they're at it....would also like to know their defence on :-

PDRC shutting down public schools in 14 Southern provinces:

PDRC shutting down 46 vocational colleges in the South

Forcing the Imam of a Mosque to cancel the Koran lessons for a bunch of kids that were inside the Mosque when the mob shut them in.

This is akin to terrorism when threats are made to people and their way of life - oh and not let's forget that the kids have a human right to access to education. I remember the howls of anger a few days from the self-righteous supporters of Uncle Suthep when it was reported that a school director had 'forced' his students to march in support of elections. But where are you all now condemning the use of force and threats to schools to show civil disobedience?

Here they are saying the Northerners are uneducated buffaloes and don't understand democracy on the one hand and on the other, denying their own children an education. Oh the irony.

And this picture is doing the rounds on Bangkokians' social media....tells you pretty much what many are feeling right now.

As you observe racism is alive and well among the protesters and their leaders.

the chain in command has been siphoning money... the ministry of culture sucks alot of money out to promote nothing. I have a few friend in the fine arts performances and i agree with them when they say that the MOC does not support their thai heritage. they only see new fancy cars in the parking spots .

OMG! Who will issue the warnings now against young women wearing spaghtti-strap blouses at Songkran?

Chaos will follow without the Culture Ministry.

If they are in a large group and high on drugs would that make them brave?

Edited by rogerdee123

First only one religion is considered to be okay and now inrows in cultural institutionsbah.gif

Getting more and more like the dark age in the 1930s Europe!!

Would like to hear the followers of the Dear Leader to come out and defend this nonsense!!

The forum is yours.coffee1.gif

Oh and while they're at it....would also like to know their defence on :-

PDRC shutting down public schools in 14 Southern provinces:

PDRC shutting down 46 vocational colleges in the South

Forcing the Imam of a Mosque to cancel the Koran lessons for a bunch of kids that were inside the Mosque when the mob shut them in.

This is akin to terrorism when threats are made to people and their way of life - oh and not let's forget that the kids have a human right to access to education. I remember the howls of anger a few days from the self-righteous supporters of Uncle Suthep when it was reported that a school director had 'forced' his students to march in support of elections. But where are you all now condemning the use of force and threats to schools to show civil disobedience?

Here they are saying the Northerners are uneducated buffaloes and don't understand democracy on the one hand and on the other, denying their own children an education. Oh the irony.

And this picture is doing the rounds on Bangkokians' social media....tells you pretty much what many are feeling right now.

As you observe racism is alive and well among the protesters and their leaders.

yeah ... for a moment there I was worried that racism may be waning

I am sure this question has been asked hundreds of times, and perhaps even answered without the typical "TiT-answers", but why the hell is no one arresting these thugs and their insane leaders? How can the government allow these morons to hijack the city / country like this?

Please tell me.

Yes ...... That's exactly what Suthep's and the people are saying .... get rid of these Morons hijacking the country

I am sure this question has been asked hundreds of times, and perhaps even answered without the typical "TiT-answers", but why the hell is no one arresting these thugs and their insane leaders? How can the government allow these morons to hijack the city / country like this?

Please tell me.

Because no one knows who to look to as a leader at the moment and therefore do not know what to do or who to answer to.

He is completely obsessed with thugs on drugs, scary to think what is going on inside that head....clap2.gif

He is completely obsessed with thugs on drugs, scary to think what is going on inside that head....clap2.gif

post-137512-0-51239700-1390578257_thumb. Looking for thugs on drugs!!

Edited by soi41

Please tell me.

Simple: no rule of law, except for a few lucky guys with big connections.

This is convenient for the elite on both sides (the leaders of red, and yellow), so they can engage in corruption, favoritism (and, bonus, have unlimited mia-nois), without having to worry about proscecution, enforcement of laws, or bad press.

However, if your enemies get into power and start to appoint "their guys" as judges and military leaders, then your screwed, as they can put you in jail. So, you have to fight to near death to avoid that, holding everyone else in the country hostage. Luckily, thanks to the abominal education system, hordes of people can be manipulated into fighting along for the happy few in the elites.

Want to see an even worse example of no rule of law: China. People just unfolding a banner asking for office holders to declare their assets are sent straight to prison, or a labor camp. Or try a zebra crossing when then light is green in China. If a military or party car hits you, its no crime, because traffic rules in China don't apply to them. So, there's even worse cases. But, I am just saying this to cheer my self up while living in this jungle called Thailand.

Edited by blokker

I don't like the trend.

Targetting Govt offices is serious enough, but schools, monks, and now Cultural Depts?

Some of us may be blase about this (or even supporting it), but what happens if they next target Libraries?

Then books.

Then ideas and thoughts.

Then (the favourite) foreigners and reporters?

Far fetched? Maybe. But 2 months ago I never imagined that they would target schools, monks and mosques either.

(To their credit, PDRC are usually quick to apologise ... after the event)

• Like 1