Galaxy Note 3 (9005) Kit Kat released

wxpwzrd

Are these the same settings that work with the Duos?

In the screenshots I see you have WiFi enabled, I assume you've turned off WiFi to try to connect to 3G?

Maybe try APN type: internet

And re-start the phone.

Other than that, I suspect it is something simple, which could be sorted out at a True shop in a matter of minutes.

Are these the same settings that work with the Duos?

In the screenshots I see you have WiFi enabled, I assume you've turned off WiFi to try to connect to 3G?

Maybe try APN type: internet

And re-start the phone.

Other than that, I suspect it is something simple, which could be sorted out at a True shop in a matter of minutes.

No, the APN type on Duos is internet.

No, I didn't turn off the wifi while testing the mobile data. I was actually testing it in a few places, some place where there's there's no wifi connection. Result was the same, no mobile data.

Mobile data is working now. Thx alot for the tips lomatopo !!! Turns out I didn't restart the phone after changing the APN setting. I did that after reading u comment it works.

I actually went to true shop and the staff can't figure out what us wrong. True should pay u instead !!!

Again thx a million lomatopo. Been struggling this pro lem for the passed few days and finally can get rif of it. :-)

One last question. Wifi need to be turn off in order to use the mobile data?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by iGemini

Just a quick update. When I got my mobile data working few hours ago, I can get 3G and 4G connection. Now, after a few hours I'm only getting edge. Is this normal? I'm checking it at the same location.

Maybe your data plan has already run out!

What package are you on?

I just changed down from the True 899b package to the 199b one they made a point of telling me after 500mb it would be 64kbps... that is against the NBCT rules ... which stipulated minimum 364kbps but they don't care..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just a quick update. When I got my mobile data working few hours ago, I can get 3G and 4G connection. Now, after a few hours I'm only getting edge. Is this normal? I'm checking it at the same location.

What package are you on?

I just changed down from the True 899b package to the 199b one they made a point of telling me after 500mb it would be 64kbps... that is against the NBCT rules ... which stipulated minimum 364kbps but they don't care..

I was thinking the sane think as well but that not the case. When I had 3G I noticed I was on TRUE-H network, when I only had EDGE, I was roemed to TRUE TRUE-H. I did a manual connect to True 3G+ or TH 3G+ and I got back my 3G/4G connection.

I also just signed up for iSmart 199 package. If the sevice is good enough, will change it to iSmart 299. The 100 minutes included in iSmart 199 can only call within true network and only has 300MB quota while the 100 minutes from iSmart 299 can call to all network and has 500MB quota.

Out of curiosity, why wiuld u downgrade ur package? Didn't use as much as u thought u would?

IME, most Android phones will utilize a WiFi connection if one is available, if one is not available, or WiFi is turned off, the device will (try to) connect to a mobile data network assuming one is available and one is a customer. So turn off WiFi if you want to test mobile data connectivity.

Are you a pre-paid or post-paid customer?

If post-paid, have you specifically contracted for an iSmart package which includes 4G/LTE?

The iSmart 199 plans appear to be available to post-paid only? Further that plan is hard-capped so you'll be paying by the minute or MB once you go over 300 MB.

Back on topic, it is still not clear to me, and I have a customer asking about this, if one can get a 4G/LTE pre-paid package with TrueMove H? It seems like all of the packages which included 4G/LTE are post-paid.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/iplay/entry/616

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/ismart/entry/594

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/4g/packages/ismart/entry/1245

FYI, just noticed this 10 GB/1,699 baht plan: Pro Package 1,699.

AFAIK, there are no "rules" or regulations from the NBTC re: minimum speeds, but wouldn't be surprised if with some customer agitation they had created some new regulations.

IME, most Android phones will utilize a WiFi connection if one is available, if one is not available, or WiFi is turned off, the device will (try to) connect to a mobile data network assuming one is available and one is a customer. So turn off WiFi if you want to test mobile data connectivity.

Are you a pre-paid or post-paid customer?

If post-paid, have you specifically contracted for an iSmart package which includes 4G/LTE?

The iSmart 199 plans appear to be available to post-paid only? Further that plan is hard-capped so you'll be paying by the minute or MB once you go over 300 MB.

Back on topic, it is still not clear to me, and I have a customer asking about this, if one can get a 4G/LTE pre-paid package with TrueMove H? It seems like all of the packages which included 4G/LTE are post-paid.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/iplay/entry/616

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/ismart/entry/594

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/4g/packages/ismart/entry/1245

FYI, just noticed this 10 GB/1,699 baht plan: Pro Package 1,699.

AFAIK, there are no "rules" or regulations from the NBTC re: minimum speeds, but wouldn't be surprised if with some customer agitation they had created some new regulations.

Noted on the wifi/mobile data selection on android.

Yes I'm currently on a postpaid plan. All iSmart plan are postpaid.

Yes I'm aware of the pay as you go after 300MB quota. I just change to this package to test the 3G/4G connection in my phone as I was having problem connecting to the mobile data withmy N3. I will change it to iSmart 299 next cycle charge. All iSmart package worth 299 and above will not have extra charges on mobile data once reached quota.

Right now true allows existing customers who sign up iSmart package to connect and test the 4G network until June 2014. The staff at true told me if I want to stay on the 4G package there will be a 100THB extra charges monthly. True will automatically set all iSmart customers to 4G network and start charging the extra 100THB from June 2014 onwards unless we call up to cancel and stick to just 3G.

I don't have any info on the prepaid true package on 4G/LTE network.

Edited by iGemini

OK, you may need to adjust your APN for TrueMove H LTE.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/665622-truemove-h-lte-prepay-sim/#entry6791500

And you may have to enable Data Roaming so you can fall back to the CAT/850 network.

I've seen some N9005's (speedtest screen shots) connected to TrueMove H/LTE so know it can be done.

Sorry can't be of more help, no first-hand experience with the LTE APN.

OK, you may need to adjust your APN for TrueMove H LTE.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/665622-truemove-h-lte-prepay-sim/#entry6791500

And you may have to enable Data Roaming so you can fall back to the CAT/850 network.

I've seen some N9005's (speedtest screen shots) connected to TrueMove H/LTE so know it can be done.

Sorry can't be of more help, no first-hand experience with the LTE APN.

For the APN type I was using 'default, supl' and its working fine.

Just changed APN type to 'default, hipri' and its working as well.

Edited by iGemini

What package are you on?

I was thinking the sane think as well but that not the case. When I had 3G I noticed I was on TRUE-H network, when I only had EDGE, I was roemed to TRUE TRUE-H. I did a manual connect to True 3G+ or TH 3G+ and I got back my 3G/4G connection.

I also just signed up for iSmart 199 package. If the sevice is good enough, will change it to iSmart 299. The 100 minutes included in iSmart 199 can only call within true network and only has 300MB quota while the 100 minutes from iSmart 299 can call to all network and has 500MB quota.

Out of curiosity, why wiuld u downgrade ur package? Didn't use as much as u thought u would?

Ummm well why downgrade ... because I hate True. I only went over because I got A great deal at Mobile expo 2 years ago. I kept my Dtac as well. Now Dtac coverage is good enough so back using that. According to the woman at customer service I get 500mb and 100 minutes (no reference to true only) will wait and see. If not will write a complaint!

I much prefer Dtac trinet for it's simple connectivity. So far no pissing about searching for manual network.

Just to add: I assume you've confirmed there is 4G in your current location?

You might be able to determine this by going into Settings, About phone, Status and looking at Network and Mobile network type, although if 4G/LTE is available there may be an indication in the status bar (4G with up/down arrows).

Lastly, confirm there are no baseband issues with your current baseband and TrueMove H/LTE. For this you'll have find someone using this model to compare basebands (Settings, About phone, Baseband version), or contact True. True do sell a N3/LTE variant here, and it may be a N9005, but it might have a special modem/baseband?

Edited by lomatopo

Just to add: I assume you've confirmed there is 4G in your current location?

You might be able to determine this by going into Settings, About phone, Status and looking at Network and Mobile network type, although if 4G/LTE is available there may be an indication in the status bar (4G with up/down arrows).

Lastly, confirm there are no baseband issues with your current baseband and TrueMove H/LTE. For this you'll have find someone using this model to compare basebands (Settings, About phone, Baseband version), or contact True. True do sell a N3/LTE variant here, and it may be a N9005, but it might have a special modem/baseband?

Yes confirm I get 4G/LTE connection in Bangkok. Attaching an ss of it.

post-202173-13926361401671_thumb.jpg

I'm also attaching another ss of my phone info, including version of android, baseband etc.

post-202173-13926362743981_thumb.jpg

Here's an ss of the 4G speed for true.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392648852343.jpg

are you postpaid or prepaid? how much is 4G costing you?

I'm currently on true iSmart 299 postpaid plan and I'm in Bangkok.

I don't get 4G ALL the time even though true claims they have 4G network throughout whole city area. My connection often switch between H, H+ and 4G through times, depending on my location.

• Like 1