Apartment Rental search : 2-3 Wks in Bangkapi

middlesexMDS

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice from local knowledge... Going on a family holiday later this year and I'm looking to rent a decent 2 bedroom apartment close to the Mall Bangkapi (say within a 10-15mins walk).

So, limitations :

1) needs safe parking for 1 hire car

2) on holiday for about 2.5 weeks

2) ideally budget is 15,000-20,000 baht but absolute max is 30,000

3) safe for families + good quality building/complex.

Also, language not really a barrier.

Any ideas?

Done some general searches as have some knowledge of the area but nothing really standing out and can't afford £70 a night plush apartment/hotel. I know a lot of new condo complexes are appearing on the Ramkhamhaeng road (around soi 40-60) which could possibly suit - especially the new one nearing completion in /62.

Should be easy right, given the number of apartments out there.... Right??

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The only hotel I know of in this area is The Alexandra on Ram, thats out of your budget.

The new condo you talk of is probably Bangkok Horizon, dont know if they do rentals.

There is another place just further up called Pippin Hotel, no nothing about it.

This area is full of low so rentals usually referred to as mansion (LOL), residence or apartment and rent out from anyhwere from 2-4k per month.

Your next problem is ther short rental period.

There is a place called Asia or Asian residence in Happyland thats close to The Mall BK, that costs about 4k per month, probably better booking two rooms for a month.

Thats all I can offer.

Yeah, I aware of the place in Happyland, but the pictures & reviews make it look very run down - certainly one to skip anyway.

Certainly want an apartment and not a hotel though, any ideas about other online sources to try?

Seems a tail of 2 cities; it's either expensive hotels or very low budget rentals - I doubt I've just discovered a gap in the market so something must be available in the middle ground. Time to try to Thai connections too.

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice from local knowledge... Going on a family holiday later this year and I'm looking to rent a decent 2 bedroom apartment close to the Mall Bangkapi (say within a 10-15mins walk).

So, limitations :

Any ideas?

Done some general searches as have some knowledge of the area but nothing really standing out and can't afford £70 a night plush apartment/hotel. I know a lot of new condo complexes are appearing on the Ramkhamhaeng road (around soi 40-60) which could possibly suit - especially the new one nearing completion in /62.

You want someone to rent you an apartment for 2 and a half weeks??

Mate, book a hotel.

If you can't afford it, go somewhere else.

I am inclined to agree, allthough I would not have put it so bluntly. You seem to be willing to pay over the long term rental rates, but for only 2 and a half weeks. I have a couple of condos, but even at 30,000 for 2.5 weeks its not worth the hastle or risk to me or the average landlord, its less than the cost of my two matresess. Maybe you will find somewhere and I wish you luck, but I suspect you will have problems, and most landlords would require a substantial deposit above and beyond your maximum rental budget. best of luck

Hi All,
So, limitations :
Any ideas?

You want someone to rent you an apartment for 2 and a half weeks??

Mate, book a hotel.

If you can't afford it, go somewhere else.

Yeah, I aware of the place in Happyland, but the pictures & reviews make it look very run down - certainly one to skip anyway.

Certainly want an apartment and not a hotel though, any ideas about other online sources to try?

Seems a tail of 2 cities; it's either expensive hotels or very low budget rentals - I doubt I've just discovered a gap in the market so something must be available in the middle ground. Time to try to Thai connections too.

Done some general searches as have some knowledge of the area

Lets cut to the chase here, how much knowledge of this area do you have?

If you have any, you would already know there is nothing for you in this area.

That place in HL is referred to as a "hong pak" you will already know what that means.

Why anyone would want to stay in such a rundown area for 2 1/2 weeks is beyond me, still each to their own.

Edited by rgs2001uk

you can try this site, it might help you to found a condo for a short term rent

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2251455?s=qbBH

otherwise i suggest you to stay in hotel in ladprao soi 130, and rent 2 room. Its only 5 min walk to the mall bangkapi, few minutes to the boat pier.

You have few hotels there, you should try Livotel( or Metropoint) as they have nice room and its within your budget.

Lol... some interesting answers ... thank you, I think..

Just to clarify;

'Some knowledge' of the area comes from many years shopping in and around the area; if I had detailed knowledge I wouldn't be asking a forum - ha ha...

Bangkapi isn't our destination it will be a base location - between family on one side and the city on the other, a massive mall on the doorstep and transport links. Given I needed a place to start looking at it seemed as fair place to start with.

It does sound like it would be a task finding somewhere there though. Given me a few leads on thank again all.

• 3 months later...

Thanks all for the interesting discussion, thought I'd provide an update. We did indeed found a 2 bed apartment in Bangkapi for about two weeks and at a good price (Vs hotel).

That airbnb website suggested was very useful too. It's all out there - you it's just finding it!! Cheers all