Si Sa Ket will soon open Chong Sa Ngam town

webfact

Si Sa Ket will soon open Chong Sa Ngam town

PNECO570129001000501_29012014_114751.jpg

SI SA KET, 29 January 2014 (NNT) - Si Sa Ket, the province bordering Cambodia, has unveiled a plan to develop a new town designed as an engine to promote economic growth in the area.

Sisaket Governor Suriya Amornrojwarawut said on Wednesday that vendors in an old fresh market of Chong Sa Ngam would be moved to a new one in the newly constructed township between March and April

The new Chong Sa Ngam town has been fully equipped with all public facilities and ready for anyone to move in. The province has set its heart on becoming an economic center in the area and boosting tourism between the province and Cambodia, especially with Siem Reap province, where Angkor Wat is located.

Chong Sa Ngam is one of major border points between Thailand and Cambodia that have high potential in economic term.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-29 footer_n.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Are they going to have an immigration checkpoint there or is this one of the locals only crossings?

The Sisaket Immigration is situated right before Chong Sa Ngam town ( about three km on the right hand side) and yes, there's an immigration checkpoint.-wai2.gif

Is it finished yet D? ..... it was under construct last time I went, but that was two and a half years ago,

I would say it has been open for at least 18 months. There has been a steady flow of minibuses for ages.

Last time I was there the hotel was not finished but at least they have got the cash flow started.

They could start by building some decent public transport links to the area.

The good news is that on the other side it is a very pleasant run down to Siem Reap through part of the national park,

I have had a couple of issues with washed out bridges in the rainy season.

On my last visit (albeit some 12m+ ago) they had made some improvements to the approach road - it was no longer quite like the surface of the moon.

They could start by building some decent public transport links to the area.

The good news is that on the other side it is a very pleasant run down to Siem Reap through part of the national park,

I have had a couple of issues with washed out bridges in the rainy season.

On my last visit (albeit some 12m+ ago) they had made some improvements to the approach road - it was no longer quite like the surface of the moon.

Sounds positive but 12 months is a long time in the lifespan of a Thai/Cambodian road, don't you think!