Kindle available in CM?

cheeryble

Thankyou all!

1. Tom in BKK

I thought I had just read the Paperwhite 2 supports text-to-audio am I wrong? (He likes the idea of audio....and may lose his remaining sight just holding off so far with injections)

2. How large will the text go to....perhaps in terms of words per page? (He has macular degeneration)

3. He doesn't really travel so presume wifi model with no 3G ok?

4. I personally use an iPad mini and regularly send and receive mobis, epubs, and pdf "books".

Will he be able to open all those or mobi only and I have to convert with calibre first?

5. What other question should I ask?

6. Nowhere he can actually go and play with them to compare?..........in CM

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble

If the size of the fonts is an issue, you might want to consider buying a tablet instead (iPad or Samsung 10.1), Amazon has apps for both iOS and Android and these apps load all books you bought for Kindle.

But their screens being larger, I would guess they can display the text in larger fonts. I am not sure though, if they can read the text.

I use the Kindle Paperwhite (my eyes are not that good either) and have no problems reading it, in the night and in bright sunlight.

I bought mine at Central Chidlom. Perhaps other Central malls sell it too.

An option that I like to use on my tablets, phone and Kindle at night is white text on a black background. Seems to be easy on my eyes. It's especially good in a darkened room.

Yes actually I set his PC screen (it's a large TV screen) with a black background for text.

We discovered he preferred the text in yellow.