Mercedes Benz dealer, which one is your favorite? And what about car importers ? And maintenance ?

SIRS

BMW and Porche are so much better, Mercs are for old grumpy people

I resent that!

Actually I don't because I am old and grumpy.

But if you have a Porsche or a BMW, chances are you will eat my dust. (A C63 AMG Coupé with performance package, hehe)

Not if the Porsche has a turbo or a V8 like your '63, and certainly not if there are corners involved wink.pngtongue.png

Sure, the C63 is not a nimble as a 911 GT3, but in the British TV show "Fifth Gear" they compared the C63 to the BMW M3 and there is not much difference on a lap. Actually, both Jason Plato and Tiff Needell preferred the C63, simply because its brutality is more fun.

Because all those "extra 7K Baht" wasted add up.. eventually enough to buy a 5M+ Baht car, or more smile.png

As my very first CEO said to me: "The secret to being rich isn't about knowing how to make money - that just takes hard work - it's about knowing how to spend it" wink.png

Well that test is flunked by anyone who buys any of these European makes in Thailand. And your missing my point entirely about all the 7k baht extras...the rich Thais revel in all these opportunities to flaunt their wealth to the dealership staff...in fact, they positively live for these opportunities. I thought it was the same for Western buyers too in. It's great you guys can buy these cars but it sorta punctures the illusion when you start winging about a few thousand baht for replacement batteries and such.

OMGImInPattaya, I think you have a somewhat uninformed view of the rich Thais. Do you really think they go around shopping for parts for their expensive cars?

Hardly so. That's because these people have a driver and the driver does take care of the cars, including buying a battery. These rich Thais never even get a chance to flaunt their wealth to the dealership staff, because they never go there personally.

So your degrading remarks are totally off.

And I really fail to follow your argument that one has to spend as much as possible for a new battery. Can you perhaps explain? What is wrong with not overpaying?

Is this a case of the grapes being too sour, anyway?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...