CBC Olympics on TV?

JusMe

I'm posting here because I'm using a MacBook Pro, System 10.8.5, on TOT adsl.

I haven't done it before, and basically don't want to do it again, so the simplest is best.

I'd most particularly like to watch some of the Canadian teams in men's and women's hockey. The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) site would be best for concentrating on that.

But there seems to be a territorial issue. Attempting to connect now and see what's what, I get the screen and the message, "This video is not working or not available in your territory. Please check again later on."

I doubt if trying later will be any more successful, so I think it must be territory.

Anyone know an easy way to enable me to catch some of those games on CBC?

http://olympics.cbc.ca/videos/index.html

Tried Zenmate, and couldn't get Canada.

Tried Hola, and although I could access, it was only for a few seconds at a time, with a freeze of several seconds before resuming.

Very frustrating last night. Manage to connect to CBC using Hula, but I get maybe three or four seconds of the game, and then a freeze for eight to ten seconds. Just couldn't manage the hockey game that way, so had to get the simple text updates from the Sochi site.

Could be my own TOT bandwidth just isn't great enough. Anyhoo, very frustrating, shouting at a computer for three seconds and then crying sad.png

I can't get past the commercials on CBC ..... before it says "not available in your area", with Hula....sad.png

Just trying Zenmate and having success with BBC and ITV set to UK ... even using Wifi with 3bb,, on Mac Air and getting excellent picture quality with no buffering.... thumbsup.gif Using Chrome....

No go for Canadian programs....on Zenmate !

Zenmate seems to automatically set up, with out the fiddling around with some of the other VPN stuff out there! (trickbyte etc) facepalm.gif

So there is some hope of seeing something of the Olympics in English! thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

As it's the Canadian hockey games in which I'm interested, I'm pretty much restricted to CBC. Others could be okay, but wouldn't show those hockey games, and I'll pass on most of the other sports other than the occasional news report.

Getting to playoffs and game times aren't conducive to watching anyway. (That's my bit of sour grapes.)