Protest leader Suthep marches again today seeking financial aid for farmers

webfact

Maybe I made a mistake and for whatever reason confused you with our rich teacher who has learned enough Thai to suggest to people what is said in Thai language clips.

"suggest"?

Actually just finished watching the nightly moron rant. Tonight he actually managed to squeeze out a few tears for the plight of the farmers. What a crock!

That's more than Yingluck can do, she won't even meet the farmers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope that the farmers get paid soon. This is Bulls*&t, leaving the farmers hanging like this, after promising them the money for their rice, to be paid last October.

If not for the current political impasse, I'm fairly certain that payments would have been forthcoming. As it is, the caretaker govt's hands are tied and no one has any solution other than saying that they should have been paid already (which incidentally, is NOT a solution).

Some will undoubtedly say that the simplest solution is for YL to resign and magically, everything will be fine again. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as that. This is a high stakes game and only a naive child would think that that is a feasible solution.

You're right there is no simple solution to this. I would have thought that maybe the opposition could try to come up with a solution with the caretaker government to help the farmers. I suspect they don't trust the government to not use any solution for their own political gain. Given that the government has been trying to lay all the blame on Suthep and the anti government protesters rather than admitting their fault I can understand their reluctance but something needs to be done.

My wife who works in civil government said they are using money from their savings scheme to pay the farmers. Not sure of the details or whether it will be paid back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

10million baht to be raised in today's march there must be some very wealthy people on that particular route that is a huge amount of 20,50 and 100 baht notes who will account for what goes into Suthep's pocket and the farmers pockets !!!

Why should anything go into Sutheps pocket. Just another ignorant sick TV post. Personally I would willingly give him some money to help the farmers.

I hope that the farmers get paid soon. This is Bulls*&t, leaving the farmers hanging like this, after promising them the money for their rice, to be paid last October.

If not for the current political impasse, I'm fairly certain that payments would have been forthcoming. As it is, the caretaker govt's hands are tied and no one has any solution other than saying that they should have been paid already (which incidentally, is NOT a solution).

Some will undoubtedly say that the simplest solution is for YL to resign and magically, everything will be fine again. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as that. This is a high stakes game and only a naive child would think that that is a feasible solution.

no, YS jumped right into dissolving the gov after some little pressure at the beginning. Before you didn't hear any squeaking about reforms from her. Obviously the rice pledging scam was one reason to get it under the carpet this way and blame the protesters and whosever for it. In fact she's an acting economical hit-man for her brother, isn't she?

When you listen to her statements about the payments she speaks only "they get money" (how much?) and not "their money". - Disgusting at least ...

Anyone involved in that scam should be personal liable for the mess they created with (high) interests and fines (take a look at the tablet contract and use the same %/day on them). - Just to teach them an everlasting lesson ...

Ha ha, Pantip lot have spotted at least one fake farmer. She's a Channel 3 bit-part actor.

Here she is as one of the humble farmer woman:

1392017417-1621950689-o.jpg

And her previous incarnation as a city folk protestor (third from the right):

557000000586808.JPEG

Well, work is work I guess. She hasn't been on TV for quite a while.

Where's the picture of her on stage claiming to be a farmer?

If she is a bit part actor.. maybe her real job is a rice farmer... gotta love unsubstantiated pictures from Thai social media!

No, she was in the farmers group acting as a seat filler. Sadly they didn't get her on stage to speak, that would have been just hilarious if they'd got her to do the poor farmer bit.

So those on Pantip know nothing about her other than she has done some bit acting. So we really don't know if she is in fact from a rice producing family? OK got it now!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BTW, Suthep raised 16 million Baht for the farmers in two days ...

hats off ...

Got proof its going to the farmers then ? names, amounts, areas earmarked ? its not for anything until its handed over, or will it be used to encourage farmers to sue and go to lawyers etc ? like heck itll go to farmers other than ones on his payroll lip service list.

This is just another bs line from someone who has been blocking the options for loans to pay the farmers, threatening banks and been alluding these farmers dont have the intelligence to even deserve an equal vote.... talk about two faced rubbish.

• Like 1

10million baht to be raised in today's march there must be some very wealthy people on that particular route that is a huge amount of 20,50 and 100 baht notes who will account for what goes into Suthep's pocket and the farmers pockets !!!

Why should anything go into Sutheps pocket. Just another ignorant sick TV post. Personally I would willingly give him some money to help the farmers.

Why don't you give him money then? Nobody is stopping you!!!

And the money isn't really to help the farmers. The money is to support the farmers doing a protest in Bangkok.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why don't you give him money then? Nobody is stopping you!!!

And the money isn't really to help the farmers. The money is to support the farmers doing a protest in Bangkok.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

over 1000 complaints have been filed so far. The mo9ney is used to cover legal expenses ...

BTW, Suthep raised 16 million Baht for the farmers in two days ...

hats off ...

Got proof its going to the farmers then ? names, amounts, areas earmarked ? its not for anything until its handed over, or will it be used to encourage farmers to sue and go to lawyers etc ? like heck itll go to farmers other than ones on his payroll lip service list.

This is just another bs line from someone who has been blocking the options for loans to pay the farmers, threatening banks and been alluding these farmers dont have the intelligence to even deserve an equal vote.... talk about two faced rubbish.

It's simple, oak,sell the rice.

Maybe I made a mistake and for whatever reason confused you with our rich teacher who has learned enough Thai to suggest to people what is said in Thai language clips.

"suggest"?

Actually just finished watching the nightly moron rant. Tonight he actually managed to squeeze out a few tears for the plight of the farmers. What a crock!

You should have watched NBTTV last night. They also had Suthep and anti-government protesters on. Mind you, it was to highlight points k. Tarit of the DSI was making. Something like justified to apprehend the leaders of a democratic anti-government movement, or so.

Lermbo is donning his disquise right now....I predict Suthep will be arrested today.

As long as he doesn't disguise himself as Sir Les Patterson..... or else everyone will recognize him straight away. smile.png

Got the cuffs,on the way with backup as we speak.

post-86291-0-35990700-1392205075_thumb.j