Yingluck says government can pay farmers, not broke

webfact

This is really so pathetic. And no farmer believes what she says. It's so lame.

" However, she did not specify the time for the payment, saying rice payments were being delayed by legal limitations and processing. "

" Legal limitations " is a special Pheu Thai phrase for " the law won't let us do it ".

" She said all parties including the People’s Democratic Reform Committee should understand hardship suffered by unpaid farmers and therefore should refrain from exploiting their plight for political gains. "

That's really rich coming from them.

Edited by Scamper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pubic. You are obviously so well informed, why don't you pop over to this thread and let us know your views?

http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry7424900

Without having gone to the link, I respectfully decline your invitation. It's nothing personal, just that I don't like some people. laugh.png

That's a real shame, seeing as you are so opinionated, and so obviously well respected with you coherent debate and argument. The reason you don't want to pop over to a serious thread is you have NO defence for the alleged $6.1 billion corruption now being reported (at last) in the international media, highlighted already by the world bank and the IMF, and a warning given by Moody's.

Come on now pubic, pop over to a serious thread....

Do you beg for meals too? wai.gif

Hahahaha you've been rumbled mate! You have nothing of substance to add to any debate..... Furthermore you are a typical TV vocalist who would be better off at singing lessons with my Beagle. He howls a lot!

Hahahaha you've been rumbled mate! You have nothing of substance to add to any debate..... Furthermore you are a typical TV vocalist who would be better off at singing lessons with my Beagle. He howls a lot!

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Again, nothing personal, but I don't like Beagles either.

Now beaver is a whole 'nother animal. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

I've said before, you people have rice on the brain.

Pubic. You are obviously so well informed, why don't you pop over to this thread and let us know your views?

http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry7424900

Without having gone to the link, I respectfully decline your invitation. It's nothing personal, just that I don't like some people. laugh.png

there there you poor liitle bugger, how dare someone disagree with you. You do realize this site is for grown ups and little boys shouldnt be here dont you.

Come on, her hands are tied. Banks loans at high interest rates due to the speculation (None substantiated) of impropriety. Dems threaten banks to not issue loans. Finance Dept hands are being frozen due to "Investigations" that are obviously politically motivated.

Crap. What evidence do you have that the corruption investigations are "obviously" politically motivated?

Are you really expecting anyone to believe there is no corruption, oh yes, Yingluck said that. Must be true and Shin wouldn't lie thumbsup.gif

Documents appear to have been forged regarding phony export sales. Have a look at which company and who its owners are.

Where has all the money spent so far gone - not much drizzled to the farmers.

If she is so sure why did she hide from the farmers?

Just another good performance from the actress hoping that people will still believe any old bullshit.

• Like 1

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Again, nothing personal, but I don't like Beagles either.

Now beaver is a whole 'nother animal. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

I've said before, you people have rice on the brain.

Better to have something on the brain than nothing on which to have something, like your good self.

Somebody thought:

Anyone know just what the 'central fund' is ?

-------------------------------------------------------

Believe its based in Dubai

-------------------------------------------------------

Guaranteed not in Dubai. Taksin's pocket know only one way the money flows: Inbound, NEVER outbound! That is concessionaire's basics. Hell, he's isn't even an 'entrepreneur', so he knows only how to grease and how to cash in, nothing else!

Central fund is most likely a slush fund for big scale corruption projects...

Potjamin has way more mulla than Talksin.

blocking payments lol… when were farmers last paid?

Which ones are you referring to ? the ones from 2012 2013 or 2014. What % of farmers have been paid i have no accurate figures but i don know that some have been settled not sure the exact % but pretty sure it was about 40% or 60% before the house was dissolved, again not sure what year etc.

It isnt like no one has ever been paid at all so lets not pretend its like that. We do know certain parties are blocking loans for payments however and trying to forestall a serving government which would be able to arrange payment with loans etc.

I do wish people would understand how things work at a macro level even here. its not a street market although youd be forgiven for thinking so the way all parties and sides act most of the time

Come on, her hands are tied. Banks loans at high interest rates due to the speculation (None substantiated) of impropriety. Dems threaten banks to not issue loans. Finance Dept hands are being frozen due to "Investigations" that are obviously politically motivated.

Her hands are tied, since Oktober?? Buls*it!!!

It's not a question of enuff. Every government practices maladministration. Actually, no government has to practice it any more because they are all so adept and well versed in it. The Abhisit government was no different, trying also to outdo Thaksin in the number of Thai people it could kill.

In brief - Little johnny did it too, let's change the subject.

Her hands are tied, since Oktober?? Buls*it!!!

A lot of unsold rice has been sitting around since then. Why? Hands tied? Then the issues of the protests & all that involved.

sure, there's a large offer from 'economical hit-men' and Thaskin is employed by them. Many strings attached and no way to funnel the money legally into the Thai banking system. This why they dried them out completely. IT WAS/IS ON PURPOSE!!! - so to increase extortion and pressure on the nation. DISGUSTING!

But at the end they all will fail.

Stay strong farmers, don't give away even an inch from your land.

Why not just copy America, and print a load more money?

Works for them.

Red tape which is anti red.

Do not try to copy the USA in Thailand or in your own home country when it comes to printing loads of money all the time.

Because the USD is the global currency, the USA can get away with printing itself out of recessions, busted bubbles, economic downturns and the like. While many other governments get Keynesian in times of trouble, the USA can be and almost always is Keynes on steroids. This it can do because the USD is the global currency and the global foreign reserve currency, which means it's also the US Government's foreign reserve currency.

So, instead of the US Government holding foreign currency reserves, the Fed's balance sheet gets loaded up with USD, because the USD is also the principal global foreign reserve currency - by far over any other currency.

Another great benefit of this to everyone in the USA is that US foreign currency reserve holdings of GBP, Euro etc total up to pocket change for you or I, except for the TVF poster Baerboxer, cause he's the only person in the world whose monthly salary is even less than the US Government's extremely paltry foreign currency reserve holdings.

If all this sounds tautological, it's because it precisely is tautological. That's what makes it perfectly logical. (See: paradox.)

All the same, your government and its central bank should not try this continuing unlimited and essentially unrestrained printing of money at home. Thailand especially. You'll go bust in no time. Ask China about such dangers.

Edited by Publicus

I see elsewhere this morning that she has said she didn't want to avoid the farmers by not going to the meeting, it was just that others were "better placed" to talk to them.

After all they are scruffy, they do smell and they might ask me a question.

She also said she wont ignore then and besides they have been well looked after for the last 2 years.

They should be grateful, so there.

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra reassured farmers that they would be paid as her government’s financial status is sound enough to seek loans from financial institutions to pay farmers

Dear YK if the financial status of the goverment is sound, why do you need to take loans out from finanical institutions to pay the farmers ?

As regards investigations of corruptions, based on an article today, the relevant department has already stated they expect to lay charges by month end and one of the repondents is you...therefore one assumes the investigation is over...

If the financial status of the government is sound, it should be able to get bank loans to make the payments. Being financially sound doesn't mean you have bags of cash sitting around. It means you have the capability to borrow. An analogy is an individual who is financially sound who wants to buy a home. It doesn't mean that person is going to be able to pay cash out of pocket but that the person can borrow the funds to make the purchase. Most government budgets are set by pay as you go obligations and typically do not sit on unearmarked cash.

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra reassured farmers that they would be paid as her government’s financial status is sound enough to seek loans from financial institutions to pay farmers

Dear YK if the financial status of the goverment is sound, why do you need to take loans out from finanical institutions to pay the farmers ?

As regards investigations of corruptions, based on an article today, the relevant department has already stated they expect to lay charges by month end and one of the repondents is you...therefore one assumes the investigation is over...

If the financial status of the government is sound, it should be able to get bank loans to make the payments. Being financially sound doesn't mean you have bags of cash sitting around. It means you have the capability to borrow. An analogy is an individual who is financially sound who wants to buy a home. It doesn't mean that person is going to be able to pay cash out of pocket but that the person can borrow the funds to make the purchase. Most government budgets are set by pay as you go obligations and typically do not sit on unearmarked cash.

True .. but in the same spirit of your post. The rice pledging scheme is a revolving fund scheme so there is no need for loans ... ooops!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I see elsewhere this morning that she has said she didn't want to avoid the farmers by not going to the meeting, it was just that others were "better placed" to talk to them.

After all they are scruffy, they do smell and they might ask me a question.

She also said she wont ignore then and besides they have been well looked after for the last 2 years.

They should be grateful, so there.

Wasn't Ms. Yingluck the chairwoman of the National Rice Committee (or some such)? Didn't she know anything at that time? Is she preparing for the NACC investigation?

Sure you can pay them but when? Next month? Next year? Next decade? When Hell freezes over?

Even if they specify the date/month, they cannot attain what they say.

They already said when several times but nothing had been done

that is like giving a loan to a friend, that will never pay it back, as he tought it was a gift, even you made up some paperword or good word of faith

so if they have the money, why not pay out, ah yes, we have to borrow it first,

thai economics 101