L Theanine

Might be hard to find at a shop, your best bet for a timely delivery would be to buy online from a Thai store and save the hassle of shopping round.

http://amino10.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=L-Theanine or http://www.thaimarketshare.com/product_detail.php?productid=859

As per any supplement in Thailand, prices are inflated. So the best bet could be to just order from one of the nootropic websites, be sure to keep your order under $50-60 so Customs don't pick it up and add on some BS import duty.

Checked GNC as well and not there, they can't seem to order it either. Tracked down iHerb and placed a one bottle order with them, should be coming any day via DHL... And hopefully with that, a little better sleep, lately I've been waking up at 3 am, thinking that it's 6 bah.gif

Be warned that DHL parcels often run into customs problems. In the future have things sent by regular air mail. DHL and Fedex are the worst possible choices for delivery of personal goods in Thailand.

Aww, bloody ...

Thanks for the info Sheryl, I'm just a rookie.. How will I know if and where there is a problem with Customs, other than it not showing up of course?

DHL will contact you, possibly asking if you want them to process the customs clearance for you. If you say yes, they will then proceed to bombard you with silly questions, tell you that you need ridiculous permits and paperwork, lose your file for days/weeks on end and generally screw it up.

If you say no (a better option) you will have to spend a day at customs clearing it yourself. (They'll give you a slip of paper which will indicate where the parcel is and a reference number). Most of that time will be spent waiting around. If you only had a small amount shipped, once they get to you they will take little interest. If it's a lot, there may have to be some haggling/negotiations and you'll have to pay duty.

All of which can be avoided by just not using a courier.

Maybe you'll get lucky and it will come on through (may depend on size and declared value) but more often than not, what I describe above is what ensues. Courier services are the kiss of death for getting packages in Thailand.

Got the package today, took about two weeks or so.. Thankfully no problems with Customs, I had just ordered one bottle so perhaps they figured it wasn't worth the trouble. It came by mail though, DHL must've dropped it at the Post Office on Lak Si the way it looks.