Work permit renewal

longtom

My Thai partner tried for 3 weeks to renew my WP, as we do ourselves for 3 years now. Apparently, the 'labour office' (thats what she calls it) which is open here on Samui every Wednesday, was the last 3 weeks either closed or had 1 staff with a smug face telling her they are not processing any applications right now, also not in the main office in Surratthani.

Maybe next week was not really a very assuring comment.rolleyes.gif

Does anybody have more info regarding this matter, e.g. is the Surat office processing such requests, or are there any 'agents' who can 'facilitate' the renewal?

According to law my WP must be renewed until end of the month, and of course I need it for renewing my business visa next month, so there is a certain urgency to the matter.

Any constructive ideas would be very much appreciated, I guess there there must be quite a few people in the same situation out there, unless you all have lawyers taking care of that.

PS.: Must say am a bit pissed about the whole situation, cannot renew my WP/visa but sure have to carry any consequences which might arise! bah.gifI know, TiT, but still...

Not sure that I can help here other than to offer a suggestion/observation. (My accountant has been sorting out my WP for the last 12 years.)

Observation - quite a few of the local government offices have been closed now and again because of the 'stop Bangkok' brigade.

Maybe a 'can I pay for a VIP fasttrack service to process my WP?' would work here. (I was offered the VIP service when I went to renew my driving licence once. I declied and ended up doing a couple of extra trips to Nathon before I had the new licence.) Just remember though. Once you use the VIP service- you are tied in for a while.

Good luck whatever you do.

My Thai partner tried for 3 weeks to renew my WP, as we do ourselves for 3 years now. Apparently, the 'labour office' (thats what she calls it) which is open here on Samui every Wednesday, was the last 3 weeks either closed or had 1 staff with a smug face telling her they are not processing any applications right now, also not in the main office in Surratthani.

Maybe next week was not really a very assuring comment.rolleyes.gif

Does anybody have more info regarding this matter, e.g. is the Surat office processing such requests, or are there any 'agents' who can 'facilitate' the renewal?

According to law my WP must be renewed until end of the month, and of course I need it for renewing my business visa next month, so there is a certain urgency to the matter.

Any constructive ideas would be very much appreciated, I guess there there must be quite a few people in the same situation out there, unless you all have lawyers taking care of that.

PS.: Must say am a bit pissed about the whole situation, cannot renew my WP/visa but sure have to carry any consequences which might arise! bah.gifI know, TiT, but still...

g

Renewed my WP about 10 days ago, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe next week was not really a very assuring comment.rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

PS.: Must say am a bit pissed about the whole situation, cannot renew my WP/visa but sure have to carry any consequences which might arise! bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gifI know, TiT, but still...

g

Renewed my WP about 10 days ago, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yourself? Here on Samui?

You can hand over your documents to the civil servant on wednesday, just because they don't process renewal at the moment doesn't mean she/he has to refuse to take your documents, they'll simply be processed once the situation is back to normal.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this is a Samui issue or a more general one.

Work permit renewal - must have a sign showing company name and address on the outside of the company premises. The new bit - tight rules about size of letters etc.

Also - I no longer have to take photos of premises and staff. The labour office will do this but with minimum notice. It can also happen on a Sunday. (We do not work on Sundays! whistling.gif )

Oh joy. wai.gif