Upgrading my Honda Click

MrHammer

I've been driving my 2 year old Honda Click bought for 20K for a couple of months and now have aquired a taste for Bangkok traffic. I want to upgrade to a more powerful motorcycle, preferably a real motorcycle with gears. Assuming I can sell the Honda or trade it in for about 18-19K and put in an additional 20K what could I then reasonably expect to get for 40-45K?

For Bangkok traffic , i would sugest somethng up-right , such as a supermoto - motard .Kawasaki D-tracker 250 may be over budget , but a Honda CRF-M 250 may be found for that price.If you want to buy new , then Keeway do a 200cc model (TMX ?) for about 60,000 Baht brand new.Bikes from companies such as M-BIKE are also worth considering.If these are too tall they can be easily and cheaply lowered.A fully fared bike such as a CBR will be cramped over long periods in traffic.

• Like 1

Suzuki Raider 150 or Honda MSX 125.

if you can put more money. CBR150/250 or Keeway RKV 200.

The MSX is the small 'pocket' bike right? I was considering that but being 185cm I thought it may be too small. Then again, I saw another taller foreigner on one the other day, so perhaps it really is a possibility?

I think the CBR150 could be a good choice, but as said, it's not really a bike you get on if you want to go 7-11 for some cigarettes is it?

Sorry PAZ , i didnt add up the money available correctly !.I thought 20K + 40/45K. DOH !.Wont get many new motard style bikes for that price - apart from Lifan , as you said. CBR may be cramped in traffic ?.Suzuki Raider / Yamaha Spark are good scooter type bikes also.Depends on style of bike and size of rider.

Suzuki Raider 150 or Honda MSX 125.

if you can put more money. CBR150/250 or Keeway RKV 200.

The MSX is the small 'pocket' bike right? I was considering that but being 185cm I thought it may be too small. Then again, I saw another taller foreigner on one the other day, so perhaps it really is a possibility?

I think the CBR150 could be a good choice, but as said, it's not really a bike you get on if you want to go 7-11 for some cigarettes is it?

I used to go buy cigarettes with a Ninja 900, fortunately I quit since then. The real question is if you have to carry beer pack or not.

I think it's pointless to ask others what is right and what is not. You must have the the desire, you will have to endure the compromise and you will enjoy whatever bike you can afford.

Also please consider your age. If you older than, say 25, what's the point in clowning around in a bike for kids. Save money for something real and stick to the scooter in the meanwhile, that is no embarassment for anyone.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

I own a 2008 CBR150, a 2011 Spark 135i, and a 2008 Raider 150 (modded to regular handlebars.)

Each is a gas to ride, easy in traffic, and will top at 140km/hr if you are in a real hurry for those cigs.

Spark is semi-auto 4-speed; other two are 6-speed with clutch.

All are easily in your price range, with money left for Michelin tires & a decent helmet.

Craigslist; BahtSold; ThaiVisa.

Good luck.

post-174911-0-84256000-1392509000_thumb.

post-174911-0-65501700-1392509125_thumb.

post-174911-0-42078600-1392509166_thumb.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

I own a 2008 CBR150, a 2011 Spark 135i, and a 2008 Raider 150 (modded to regular handlebars.)

Each is a gas to ride, easy in traffic, and will top at 140km/hr if you are in a real hurry for those cigs.

Spark is semi-auto 4-speed; other two are 6-speed with clutch.

All are easily in your price range, with money left for Michelin tires & a decent helmet.

Craigslist; BahtSold; ThaiVisa.

Good luck.

...oh ya...all have 17" wheels, mid-line mono-struts in rear, radiators for cooling, 4-valve heads, and CBR & Raider have rear disk brakes.

If you can come up with the scratch, a NEW

Honda CBR150i is B80K+,

Suzuki Raider is well under B70K,

and Yamaha Spark135i is~B56K, and will get ~54km/l in the city.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

Is a 150cc even a 'real' motorbike? It is only 25cc more than a scooter.

It's a small motorcycle, e for either an absolut beginner, a kid, or for somebody that can't afford more.

For most Thai and Asian people, 150cc is equivalent to a 600cc in the West, and 250 to a 1,000, because of the price.

If you're 185 CM then things can change a lot your bike decision.

you have to try the bikes first. but I think for you height, the CBR150 is the best you can get for the price, or a Keeway RKV200.

Those 125-135cc scooters are not comfortable at all if you are tall or heavy.

Yes, I saw the Keeway RKV200 in real life not long ago. I think it is actually quite a good looking bike and probably available second hand for 40-50K considering a new one is 60K.

Could definitely be worth checking out.

Does any of you know a dealer that might let me trade in a Honda Click in the deal?

Yes, I saw the Keeway RKV200 in real life not long ago. I think it is actually quite a good looking bike and probably available second hand for 40-50K considering a new one is 60K.

Does any of you know a dealer that might let me trade in a Honda Click in the deal?

You can get chinese crap much cheaper than that, e.g.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/enduro-bike-for-sale-260470.html

Once again you need to take a deep breath and decide what is that you really like. Bikers are not supposed to ask the be hold hand all the time.

You can get chinese crap much cheaper than that, e.g.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/enduro-bike-for-sale-260470.html

Once again you need to take a deep breath and decide what is that you really like. Bikers are not supposed to ask the be hold hand all the time.

the song is going to you then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MHkgwA8t-g

It's a small motorcycle, e for either an absolut beginner, a kid, or for somebody that can't afford more.

For most Thai and Asian people, 150cc is equivalent to a 600cc in the West, and 250 to a 1,000, because of the price.

Hmmmm! I wonder into which of these categories I fall.

The fastest one can legally ride a bike on the roads in Thailand is 90km/hr.

A 150cc will do 140km/hr.

Why would someone require a larger bike? I dunno.

Small wiener?

Actual photo of a stock Yamaha Spark 135i speedometer with 64 year old, 190lb. rider:

( I rest my case....)

post-174911-0-61651400-1392566974_thumb.

Edited by papa al

Hmmmm! I wonder into which of these categories I fall.

The fastest one can legally ride a bike on the roads in Thailand is 90km/hr.

A 150cc will do 140km/hr.

Why would someone require a larger bike? I dunno.

Small wiener?

Actual photo of a stock Yamaha Spark 135i speedometer with 64 year old, 190lb. rider:

( I rest my case....)

You know what? You're right. Thank you for you opening my eyes. The world needs more people like you.

I would safe up for a bit more, depending on your situation (reliable gf or not) you can consider a cbr250 or ninja 300 or pay offs but you pay alot more of course.

I liked the rkv at first and almost bought it but now I am very happy I didnt bought it, the ugly big front headlight keeps bothering me and im still not sure about the brand.

bought a ninja 300 instead cash which is a fun bike for sure but, could not live without my click just more easy for work-home (10min) and dinners in the soi. I use the ninja for 'fun' on days or afternoons off.